Comments

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    Deadman said:
    Does PJ have a cats section?  Anyone?
    Right here:

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/121148/pearl-jam-with-cats/p1
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • CopperTom said:
    Why would anyone want to bring an infant or young child to a rock concert? I'm not trying to be nasty or sarcastic.
    To get a tambourine. 
    We have a winner
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • RK50065RK50065 Posts: 897
    Deadman said:
    Does PJ have a cats section?  Anyone?
    Check the Cats of PJ Mystery Boxes thread.
  • PJ_Soul said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Why would anyone want to bring an infant or young child to a rock concert? I'm not trying to be nasty or sarcastic.
    I don't know what the value is, personally.  The kid doesnt have any sort of cognitive ability to figure out what the hell is going on and would likely have a better experience listening to music at a comfortable volume (and without earplugs) at home.  

The parents would have a better time at the show without the infant/toddler.  I would be ultra paranoid that the kid's earplug/phone would jar loose of he/she would knock it and his/her hearing would be damaged for life because of me.

I have seen infants/toddlers at amphitheater shows back in the lawn where there is room and the noise isnt overwhelming, and that seems better (although unnecessary).  Couldnt imagine a loud arena show, especially on the floor/GA.  
    I agree with all of this. There is no way in hell I'd take a baby to a rock concert, and I can't figure out why in the world anyone would want to. Also, nobody at a rock concert wants to have seats anywhere near a baby. Most would have the same reaction to that as they might when they realize they're stuck beside a baby in an airplane. But the difference is that there is not even any good reason to bring a baby to a concert, nor to pay $100 to do it!
    Yes, yes and yes.  I have 2 kids under 3 and I would never even think of brining either of them to a concert. It's hard enough just to go out to dinner with a baby...a concert would be a disaster.  It's just the parent being selfish and not wanting to miss a show....get a babysitter and go enjoy the show!!
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,513
    edited November 2019
    I took my then 16 year old and it was a fuckin  disaster.  That said we got to watch from side of stage with Mikes  manager. A set of sticks  and set list  after 6 songs thanks to rob from pj radio and matt the crew manager. But  on the  whole g.a in europe no place for anyone who cant fend off drunk mugs
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,156
    edited November 2019
    I took my then 16 year old and it was a fuckin  disaster.  That said we got to watch from side of stage with Mikes  manager. A set of sticks  and set list  after 6 songs thanks to rob from pj radio and matt the crew manager. But  on the  whole g.a in europe no place for anyone who cant fend off drunk mugs
    Only had problems with idiots in Milan in 2006. And problems with pushy crowds in Berlin in 2009 (and Milan).

I think it's pretty decent. But if you get next to or in front of the wrong person, it can ruin everything. 

Guess some would even consider my out of tune singing and my miserable appearance as a ruining factor. So it's all relative.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Haha miserable appearance......im guilty too.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07