10 Club parents

Hello! Faithful Ten Club member and new parent, here. My wife and I are eager for our son to see PJ live with us in the next year or so (tour pending!) and  I'm wondering what 10 Club's ticket policy is on bringing small (ear-muffed) children to shows, given the two ticket limit. Do I have to purchase a separate ticket for a child from a third-party vendor? Is there an age limit before I have to purchase a ticket?  Is this a venue issue? 

To anyone with any experience with this, any advise is greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Comments

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    All I know is that for any concert, all attendees must have a ticket, you can't just say you're gonna lap a kid and get him in free.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428
    and here we go
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    so this is a newborn?  

And congrats
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    pjhawks said:
    and here we go
    Lol. Yup.  Who will be first?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012

Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23

• The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • I once brought my wife to 2 PJ shows when she was pregnant. 
    Employed the old Muff Muff.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,013
    Do not bring infants to rock concerts.
  • CopperTom said:
    /End thread.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • mwplummwplum Posts: 1,531
    From past experience, you’re going to take a TON of shit on here. At the end of the day, do what you’re (all) comfortable with. I ignored some nutter who was effectively threatening to call child services on my wife and I just for the suggestion, and my son (then 1.5 at the time) had a fantastic time in Missoula last summer.

Went with double ear protection (mouldable ear plugs with heavy noise cancelling ear muffs overtop). We stayed at the back corner of GA near paramedics and police and had at least a 10ft invisible barrier between us and any people. Second experience was just at Ohana 2019 (at 2.5 years of age) same double ear protection. There were a lot of other children all having a great time. At both shows, my son would dance in my arms, and then eventually fall asleep in a Baby Bjorn (front backpack). 

Id have concerns if he was less than 1 or over an age where he could run away/get lost in the crowd. Also, I would avoid stacks of speakers, and stand in a safe location. But that this stage he’s like an adorable little backpack. 

So prepare for an onslaught of shit. Speaking from experience, I’ve felt safer (and my son has had more fun) at the concerts, than I have taking him to a mariners baseball game.
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,955
    As others have said... as long as you protect their ears and are prepared to leave early if needed then I say do what you want.  I’ve  seen tons of adults behave like toddlers at every show so I’m not sure what’s wrong with a few actual toddlers. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• whoyouare72whoyouare72 Posts: 2,144
    Why would anyone want to bring an infant or young child to a rock concert? I'm not trying to be nasty or sarcastic.
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,013
    Why would anyone want to bring an infant or young child to a rock concert? I'm not trying to be nasty or sarcastic.
    To get a tambourine. 
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,219
    Ughh !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Hello! Faithful Ten Club member and new parent, here. My wife and I are eager for our son to see PJ live with us in the next year or so (tour pending!) and  I'm wondering what 10 Club's ticket policy is on bringing small (ear-muffed) children to shows, given the two ticket limit. Do I have to purchase a separate ticket for a child from a third-party vendor? Is there an age limit before I have to purchase a ticket?  Is this a venue issue? 

To anyone with any experience with this, any advise is greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Let someone you know care for the baby on that specific night, and don't bring him/her.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    CopperTom said:
    /End thread.
    +1. Enjoy some time with your significant other minus the kid. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    I don't know what the value is, personally.  The kid doesnt have any sort of cognitive ability to figure out what the hell is going on and would likely have a better experience listening to music at a comfortable volume (and without earplugs) at home.  

The parents would have a better time at the show without the infant/toddler.  I would be ultra paranoid that the kid's earplug/phone would jar loose of he/she would knock it and his/her hearing would be damaged for life because of me.

I have seen infants/toddlers at amphitheater shows back in the lawn where there is room and the noise isnt overwhelming, and that seems better (although unnecessary).  Couldnt imagine a loud arena show, especially on the floor/GA.  
  • DeadmanDeadman Posts: 792
    Does PJ have a cats section?  Anyone?
  • My experience is that Pearl Jam is best enjoyed without your children and without having to worry about anything. 
  • jefftjefft Posts: 657
    Doubling up ear plugs has essentially no doubling factor in noise reduction as some may think.  Especially in a toddler or infant where an ear plug does not fit their ear canal properly.
  • jefft said:
    Doubling up ear plugs has essentially no doubling factor in noise reduction as some may think.  Especially in a toddler or infant where an ear plug does not fit their ear canal properly.
    Who the fuck would push ear plugs into an infants ear?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Deadman said:
    Would love this. L O V E
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    edited November 2019
    My personal recommendation... dont bring anyone who doesnt know all the words of at least one song to that show. This includes adults. And this is also for other bands, too. 

My 9 year old enjoyed the fuck out of Wrigley. On several occasions, she has called it "the best gift of her life". So, yeah. Do what you feel is best, but personally, unless they can communicate with you exactly what they need, any serious youngsters are probably better off at home.

Post edited by Vedd Hedd on
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,672
    Deadman said:
    If they allow cats I'm bringing my damn dog...

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,891
    edited November 2019
    MayDay10 said:
    I don't know what the value is, personally.  The kid doesnt have any sort of cognitive ability to figure out what the hell is going on and would likely have a better experience listening to music at a comfortable volume (and without earplugs) at home.  

The parents would have a better time at the show without the infant/toddler.  I would be ultra paranoid that the kid's earplug/phone would jar loose of he/she would knock it and his/her hearing would be damaged for life because of me.

I have seen infants/toddlers at amphitheater shows back in the lawn where there is room and the noise isnt overwhelming, and that seems better (although unnecessary).  Couldnt imagine a loud arena show, especially on the floor/GA.  
    I agree with all of this. There is no way in hell I'd take a baby to a rock concert, and I can't figure out why in the world anyone would want to. Also, nobody at a rock concert wants to have seats anywhere near a baby. Most would have the same reaction to that as they might when they realize they're stuck beside a baby in an airplane. But the difference is that there is not even any good reason to bring a baby to a concert, nor to pay $100 to do it!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,112
    Vedd Hedd said:
    My personal recommendation... dont bring anyone who doesnt know all the words of at least one song to that show. This includes adults. And this is also for other bands, too. 

My 9 year old enjoyed the fuck out of Wrigley. On several occasions, she has called it "the best gift of her life". So, yeah. Do what you feel is best, but personally, unless they can communicate with you exactly what they need, any serious youngsters are probably better off at home.

Yep that’s why my girlfriend doesn’t attend PJ shows with me. Now if it was an Ed Sheeran show....
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428

so they can post it on Instagram and/or Facebook and get likes.
  • Hello! Faithful Ten Club member and new parent, here. My wife and I are eager for our son to see PJ live with us in the next year or so (tour pending!) and  I'm wondering what 10 Club's ticket policy is on bringing small (ear-muffed) children to shows, given the two ticket limit. Do I have to purchase a separate ticket for a child from a third-party vendor? Is there an age limit before I have to purchase a ticket?  Is this a venue issue? 

I still remember the guy on here bitching about the 2013 Wrigley show and how they wouldn’t let his kid in without a ticket. My friend in the Cubs ticket office told me how crazy PJ fans are and about a guy that called daily screaming at them because they wouldn’t allow his kid in without a ticket. I was dying laughing. Wanted to call the guy out at the time but she didn’t want to get fired. But she got her ring and now she’s gone. That guy was a douche

anyways, yes you need a ticket, it’s not like a flight (although that’s starting to change to 1 and under instead of 2 and under for free). Honestly if my mom told me I saw Led in 1978 I’d be kinda cool with it and kinda not, I mean I wouldn’t brag about being at a show I don’t remember, plenty of those in college. Personal opinion. Kid isn’t gonna remember any of it. Congratulations 
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Deadman said:
    If they allow cats I'm bringing my damn dog...

I wholeheartedly endorse these suggestions. 

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"