Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,800
    JimmyV said:
    kcuf me said:
    NYC also has Barclay, Nassau Coliseum, Prudential Center that PJ has played at before, not necessarily MSG
    One of those is in New Jersey and another on Long Island. 
    Two of them are on long lsland, brooklyn is attached to long island, it is just a borough of manhattan.

His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    kcuf mekcuf me Posts: 55
    edited December 2019
    Understood, but that is considered the NY/metro area.. especially Barclays, is considered a NYC venue
    Post edited by kcuf me on
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,998
    kcuf me said:
    Understood, but that is considered the NY/metro area
    I hear you.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Hyme2kHyme2k Posts: 44
    Rochester, NY is lovely in March...
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,238
    PB11041 said:
    JimmyV said:
    kcuf me said:
    NYC also has Barclay, Nassau Coliseum, Prudential Center that PJ has played at before, not necessarily MSG
    Two of them are on long lsland, brooklyn is attached to long island, it is just a borough of manhattan.

Any of those venues would be exceptional, especially if Marker in the Sand is performed.

• Options
    So far I’ve got

Toronto
    Hamilton
    Quebec City/Ottawa (both?)
    Nashville
    St. Louis
    Denver
    Cali (Oakland, LA or San Diego?)

Starting in TO after St. Patty’s Day.
    Am I missing anything here? 
    TO would have to be Mar 18 as it's the only available date after St. Patrick's Day at Scotiabank Arena... since week of Mar 23 is ruled out for Canada this makes it tricky to figure out a Hamilton date as Hamilton is busy Mar 19-22, Free Mar 17 though... yes I made a calendar of venue availability lol 
    Yes that’s interesting. They could go TO, Ottawa (and/of QC) Hamilton then head south.   Not ideal but possible. Wish I could look at that calendar of availability! haha. 
    Ottawa has a ton of availability (if they go with Canadian Tire Centre) - the only dates that are blocked off in Ottawa after St Patty's are Mar 19 and 29. Otherwise open from Mar 17-31. TO options are only Mar 18 and 31 at Scotiabank Arena. Hamilton is free Mar 23-31 at FirstOntario Centre. But if week of Mar 23 is ruled out... not many options. Maybe they do Toronto -> Ottawa -> Hamilton (will there be another Ontario stop? Kitchener??? ;) )
    The real question is... on the TO, Hamilton, Ottawa dates....which Hip song are they going to cover? :) 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,998
    So far I’ve got

Toronto
    Hamilton
    Nashville
    St. Louis
    Denver

TO would have to be Mar 18 as it's the only available date after St. Patrick's Day at Scotiabank Arena... since week of Mar 23 is ruled out for Canada this makes it tricky to figure out a Hamilton date as Hamilton is busy Mar 19-22, Free Mar 17 though... yes I made a calendar of venue availability lol 
    Yes that’s interesting. They could go TO, Ottawa (and/of QC) Hamilton then head south.   Not ideal but possible. Wish I could look at that calendar of availability! haha. 
    Ottawa has a ton of availability (if they go with Canadian Tire Centre) - the only dates that are blocked off in Ottawa after St Patty's are Mar 19 and 29. Otherwise open from Mar 17-31. TO options are only Mar 18 and 31 at Scotiabank Arena. Hamilton is free Mar 23-31 at FirstOntario Centre. But if week of Mar 23 is ruled out... not many options. Maybe they do Toronto -> Ottawa -> Hamilton (will there be another Ontario stop? Kitchener??? ;) )
    The real question is... on the TO, Hamilton, Ottawa dates....which Hip song are they going to cover? :) 
    This would be incredible. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited December 2019
    So it’s looking something like this I figure:
    March 18th - TO
    March 20th - Ottawa
    March 22nd - QC
    March 24th - Hamilton 

I still think there are 4 Canadian shows, mostly because it hasn’t been ruled out by those in the know. Ruling out the “week of” doesn’t mean part of the week isn't possible 

Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,640
    Thot dimi said no Canada for week of mar 22-28 & apr 5-11???
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    So far I’ve got

Toronto
    Hamilton
    Nashville
    St. Louis
    Denver

It is just something the boys in PJ would do.  They know how much it would mean to all us Canadian fans. What I wouldn’t give to see it live... wow
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    So far I’ve got

Toronto
    Hamilton
    Nashville
    St. Louis
    Denver

It is just something the boys in PJ would do.  They know how much it would mean to all us Canadian fans. What I wouldn’t give to see it live... wow
    I skipped out on Wrigley a couple of years back to be at the last Hip show. I would probably die if this happened.
  • Options
    Dimi: any hope for mid-Atlantic arenas starting with Philly
    Wash DC
    Baltimore?
    thank you for all the recent hints!
  • Options
    RF283499RF283499 Posts: 141
    So far I’ve got

Toronto
    Hamilton
    Nashville
    St. Louis
    Denver

Have they ever covered the Hip?
  • Options
    Starts and ends in blue state after mar 17

3 states with ocean beaches

nashville

st. louis

no may shows

toronto in march?????????

hamilton

cali shows

no new england states

no IN, KY, AL, FL, SC, NC, GA

no milwaukee, detroit

ottawa or Quebec 

no texas

no Canada week of mar 23 or apr 6

FUCKIN DENVER!!!! 

what else we got?
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,906
    So it’s looking something like this I figure:
    March 18th - TO
    March 20th - Ottawa
    March 22nd - QC
    March 24th - Hamilton 

I still think there are 4 Canadian shows, mostly because it hasn’t been ruled out by those in the know. Ruling out the “week of” doesn’t mean part of the week isn't possible 

Neat!  =)
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    Okay, so the North Shore by Duluth has beaches. Dylan is from MN and is rumored that All Along The Watchtower is about the Witch's Hat Water Tower in Minneapolis. PJ likes to cover that song live, so doing the math it looks like MN is confirmed for spring!
  • Options
    RF283499 said:
    So far I’ve got

Toronto
    Hamilton
    Nashville
    St. Louis
    Denver

Have they ever covered the Hip?
    Im almost certainly they haven’t. They did cover the Guess Who in Saskatoon in 2011 (Running back to Saskatoon) and a fan had to help Eddie with the song. Classic. 
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    So we thinking no Vancouver? 
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    So far I’ve got

Toronto
    Hamilton
    Nashville
    St. Louis
    Denver

I skipped out on Wrigley a couple of years back to be at the last Hip show. I would probably die if this happened.
  • Options
    pjcampjcam Posts: 59
    It sure sounds like PJ is hitting up Eastern Canada, any rumblings regarding the west? Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Vancouver? 
  • Options
    ed243421 said:
    I thought it was no TO during that time not all of Canada. Could be wrong though.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    ed243421 said:
    i never said anything like that 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    JimmyV said:
    So far I’ve got

Toronto
    Hamilton
    Nashville
    St. Louis
    Denver

If there was ever a reason to skip out on a PJ show that was it. I still haven’t been able to get through that whole last show in my basement, I seriously can’t.  It’s the heaviest thing I’ve ever watched... I just break down.  I’m sure it would do the same thing to me if PJ did something like “Long time runnin” or “bobcaygeon”.  
  • Options
    To clarify, I think Dimi said Canada starts after St. Patrick's day.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited December 2019
    JimmyV said:
    kcuf me said:
    NVM.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options

Fingers crossed that Canada week is not March 23rd or April 6th....I might be out of town then.....can we rule those two weeks out dimi??
     u good
    But also this...
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    I wonder which show is before before Canada ?  We know its in a blue state. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490

Fingers crossed that Canada week is not March 23rd or April 6th....I might be out of town then.....can we rule those two weeks out dimi??
     u good
    But also this...
     thought quetion was show 23rd. not whole week
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    The 18th is the only available day at the arena in T.O. unless they are going to play the SkyDome (which is an awful cavernous 80s style behemoth with no character).