Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,069
    mcgruff10 said:
    Lol What in the actual fuck is going on in here now? Damn we need that announcement 
    All I know is the bakers dozen 2017 tour at msg got canceled because someone mentioned it on the boards.  Very disappointing.  
    @McGruff10 Unfortunately we are Not getting a MSG baker's dozen in 2020, the damn leaks ruined that, but i'm thinking we will be there for a night (or 2?)  sometime in March perhaps?. just a hunch ;-)
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    Lukeat911Lukeat911 Nashville, TN Posts: 186
    As a Nashvillian, I’m praying rumors are true. Haven’t seen an arena PJ show yet and would love Bridgestone to be my 1st. 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,648
    Lukeat911 said:
    As a Nashvillian, I’m praying rumors are true. Haven’t seen an arena PJ show yet and would love Bridgestone to be my 1st. 
    Will be a tough ticket if so.  You’ll get in though.  Nothing as tough as a NY show.  Good luck!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,041
    mcgruff10 said:
    Lol What in the actual fuck is going on in here now? Damn we need that announcement 
    All I know is the bakers dozen 2017 tour at msg got canceled because someone mentioned it on the boards.  Very disappointing.  
    @McGruff10 Unfortunately we are Not getting a MSG baker's dozen in 2020, the damn leaks ruined that, but i'm thinking we will be there for a night (or 2?)  sometime in March perhaps?. just a hunch ;-)
    I hope so!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    RP112579 said:
    euchrid said:
    They tweet this type of stuff every single day. This doesn't mean anything. It's just social media content.
    Ha yes I know... like I said just adding to the fire
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    mcgruff10 said:
    It would make sense they would head that way before / after the Canadian stops 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,238

We got a social media hint the day before the Euro announcement.  Quiet today.

I predict a US tour and album announcement in January along with the first single. 

I’m sure they like many people have their eyes on an extended holiday break for their team. They will not want to load them up with all the work and hype that comes with an on sale, presale, and fan club draw. Plus they don’t want to waste the excitement and the hundreds of media stories, free promotion and alt nation stories buried in the holiday abyss when everyone is in the woods at grandmas with no WiFi. 

It is looking like a January announcement, which would leave a shortened period of time for planning compared to 2018 stadia tour. 
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 863
    edited December 2019
    Can’t.  Fucking. Wait.
    Post edited by vedpunk on
  • Options
    If MSG is in March the only open dates are March 9th-14th, 20th, 22nd, and 26th-30th.

Billie Ellish on the 15th, Billy Joel on the 19th. All other dates are taken by the Rangers, Knicks, and college basketball.

Don’t think the 20th and 22nd are in play since they usually do back to back nights.

March 27-28 makes the most sense. Friday and Saturday night. Thursday to set up the stage. Then MSG gets Sunday and Monday off to setup the NIT Tournament.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    vedpunk said:
    And I quote:

I am so excited for you to hear the new album. It’s fucking badass!!!! 

Can’t.  Fucking. Wait.
    Say whaaaaaaa???!!!
    Milwaukee -- 07-08-1995 -- Salt Lake City - 1996 (Brad)-- Kansas City 07-03-1998-- Maryland Heights 07-02-1998-- Minneapolis 06-30-1998-- Alpine Valley 1999 - Tibet Freedom Concert (Eddie Solo)-- Kansas City 10-12-2000-- East Troy 10-08-2000-- Chicago 06-18-2003-- Council Bluffs 06-13-2003-- Bonner Springs 06-12-2003-- St. Paul 06-26-2006-- Milwaukee 06-30-2006-- Chicago 08-24-2009-- Kansas City 05-03-2010-- East Troy 09-03-2011-- East Troy 09-04-2011-- Chicago 07-19-2013-- Lincoln 10-9-2014 -- Moline 10-17-2014 -- Chicago 08-20-2016 -- Chicago 08-22-2016
  • Options
    JDime20JDime20 Posts: 192
    vedpunk said:
    And I quote:

Can’t.  Fucking. Wait.
    Who might you be quoting?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,998
    vedpunk said:
    And I quote:

Can’t.  Fucking. Wait.
    This is a quote?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,893
    edited December 2019
    Continue @vedpunk, please. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    vedpunk said:
    Can’t.  Fucking. Wait.
    Love this.
  • Options
    JM144705JM144705 Philadelphia Posts: 431
    Why are people still looking up and talking about open dates in March and April? It's been said many times that it's not happening before the Euro tour which makes sense. Like have a little common sense people. And we have been told that NA will get dates late summer/ early fall. 
  • Options
    JDime20JDime20 Posts: 192
    JM144705 said:
    Why are people still looking up and talking about open dates in March and April? It's been said many times that it's not happening before the Euro tour which makes sense. Like have a little common sense people. And we have been told that NA will get dates late summer/ early fall. 
    Did you miss when the guy that teased the entire Euro tour to the point we knew exactly what it was before it was announced said a Spring US tour was happening?
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,438
    JM144705 said:
    Have you read the last 30 pages of this thread? Granted, it would be understandable if you haven't but it does answer your question. 
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,414
    I'm just hoping they are planning to do a 2nd NA leg AFTER Europe.
  • Options
    I'm also curious about where they will be during Easter weekend (assuming this spring tour lasts this long!)
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,399
    rummy said:
    I think we only see an extended amount of dates if they drop an album.  They don't really do medium size tours unless promoting an album.   Other wise it's small tours.  When was the last time they did a tour with 3 legs?

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Zod said:
    rummy said:
    I think we only see an extended amount of dates if they drop an album.  They don't really do medium size tours unless promoting an album.   Other wise it's small tours.  When was the last time they did a tour with 3 legs?

In the same year? I guess one could argue 2014? (when they were promoting an album).
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    Album is done.. Recordings from  back in summer. Now rest work as well. News soon as it seems.
    And we finish this spring at blue as well.

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    rummy said:
    That's the plan. 
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JM144705 said:
    Cos things change. 
  • Options
    Lukeat911 said:
     Nice! 
  • Options
    Lukeat911 said:
     Nice! 
    A hint at the Nashville date would be awesome given the hotel prices in that city are sky high at the best of times...
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,758
    Album is done.. Recordings from  back in summer. Now rest work as well. News soon as it seems.

Excellent news 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 4,036
    Continue @vedpunk, please. 
    I second this motion....
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 4,036

‘News soon as it seems’.... nice! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,887

Finally!!! Can't wait!! 
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017