Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,931
    wwsuicide said:
    This thread is exhausting....
    Yup! I know some people here love the “dangling” of info , I don’t. 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,410
    mfc2006 said:
    pjl44 said:
    If we're pretty confident there will be North American dates in the fall and we know Ed will be doing Global Citizen on 9/26, he'll most likely be in New York or possibly Latin America, right?

Although it does seem odd that they would be in the middle of a run of shows and he would be doing something that high profile as a one-off solo gig. We'll see, I guess.
    Maybe this is the year that PJ plays Ohana?
    Yeah, there is that, too. But if he's doing Global Citizen solo and typically plays Ohana solo and they're around the same time...

Put me down as "who the hell knows."
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,933
    nicknyr15 said:
    wwsuicide said:
    Would you prefer no information at all? I appreciate the fact that less than one week ago we had zero hope for a spring NA tour and now we know there is one. Sign me up for the “dangling” please. 
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,669
    mfc2006 said:
    pjl44 said:
    If we're pretty confident there will be North American dates in the fall and we know Ed will be doing Global Citizen on 9/26, he'll most likely be in New York or possibly Latin America, right?

Although it does seem odd that they would be in the middle of a run of shows and he would be doing something that high profile as a one-off solo gig. We'll see, I guess.
    Never happen.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 652
    Dimi
    Any chance you’ll be watching PJ in the same arena your fellow Greek dominates basketball?
  • Options
    I think Ohana will be Ed solo as usual and it will also be part of the Global Citizen thing on that last Saturday in Sept.  I think that GC thing will consist of performances at multiple locations on that day and it will somehow incorporate a feed from Ohana.  No knowledge, just an inference.

But enough about that.  Someone please bring on a hint for where PJ will play on Sat. April 11!
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    ScreamHello_33ScreamHello_33 Orlando, FL Posts: 57
    if fish and cheaps means london ontario,the plan says nope
    OK.....here we go......the years of reading Raymond Chandler novels are paying off in my private eye skills.  Time to take this already maddening thread even further out there....

Who has the best FISH tacos?  San Diego.
    Where do you use gambling CHIPS?  Las Vegas.

I've either cracked the code or I'M cracked....one of the two (maybe both)....
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996
    100 Pacer said:
    mfc2006 said:
    pjl44 said:

Never happen.
    Curious why you say this? Feels like a natural fit some year. Like Crosby, Stills and Nash joining Neil Young at the Bridge School.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,410
    bbiggs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    wwsuicide said:
    Would you prefer no information at all? I appreciate the fact that less than one week ago we had zero hope for a spring NA tour and now we know there is one. Sign me up for the “dangling” please. 
    I personally would, but realize I'm in the minority. Most people really seem to have fun with the guessing games. I prefer when someone just posts a nugget if they get one. People marveled at the number of posts in the Europe thread, but it was so much chaff to get through and so little wheat in comparison.

Solid info > No info > Dangling info

Dimi is at least good at giving confirmations and dismissals along the way. We have other danglers who have given us nothing substantial and seem to just want attention. 
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    100 Pacer said:
    mfc2006 said:
    pjl44 said:

Never happen.
    Hope not
  • Options
    My must go to city for the upcoming tour is Nashville I really hope they do a show/shows there ! 
    That’s a nice place to visit in springtime........
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,567
    My must go to city for the upcoming tour is Nashville I really hope they do a show/shows there ! 
    That’s a nice place to visit in springtime........
    I thought your source said “later in the year”?  Did your info change?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Nashville was fall. It’s clearly changed with the shows in NA in March/April. First week of April will be nice 
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    edited December 2019
    Nashville was fall. It’s clearly changed with the shows in NA in March/April. First week of April will be nice 
    So Nashville is first week of April? My spring break starts April 9....can I go to the show?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    This is some weird business. Fish, chips, chicken waffles, Nashville, Philadelphia, a state touching Florida, NOT London Ontario, but multiple Canadian stops. It sounds fairly East Coast.

Take chicken 'n' waffles for example. It could mean New York because that's where they originated. It could mean the South because people often misinterpret chicken 'n' waffles as a southern creation. Hypothetically, it could also mean L.A. because of Roscoe's. 
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,069
    edited December 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    So Nashville is first week of April? My spring break starts April 9....can I go to the show?
    Bridgestone open 4/2, 4/5-4/9, then most of that week of your spring break 
    Post edited by MakeUSmile on
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    JDime20JDime20 Posts: 192
    edited December 2019
    3days said:
    This is some weird business. Fish, chips, chicken waffles, Nashville, Philadelphia, a state touching Florida, NOT London Ontario, but multiple Canadian stops. It sounds fairly East Coast.
    It was a state bordering to Georgia, as Dimi was ruling out Atlanta. This opens it up a bit, but probably points to Nashville. 
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,510
    if fish and cheaps means london ontario,the plan says nope
    OK.....here we go......the years of reading Raymond Chandler novels are paying off in my private eye skills.  Time to take this already maddening thread even further out there....

Who has the best FISH tacos?  San Diego.
    Where do you use gambling CHIPS?  Las Vegas.

I've either cracked the code or I'M cracked....one of the two (maybe both)....
    Hell yeah our fish tacos are best! South Beach in OB!
  • Options
    Chances of a weekend announcement?
  • Options
    link93link93 Posts: 407
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 903
    mcgruff10 said:
    Chances of a weekend announcement?

if it’s not Monday, maybe Tuesday, it’ll be after the holidays 
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    JDime20 said:
    3days said:
    It was a state bordering to Georgia, as Dimi was ruling out Atlanta. This opens it up a bit, but probably points to Nashville. 
    Yes, you are correct. Trying to figure this out has put me sideways. State is most likely Tenessee, based on intel. I wonder if this tour will be predominantly early to mid April. NBA playoffs start 4/18.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,567
    If only someone would “volunteer” some more info...
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    58823005882300 Posts: 813
    Hoping for a Golden Knight. 
  • Options
    JDime20JDime20 Posts: 192
    3days said:
    JDime20 said:
    3days said:
    Yes, you are correct. Trying to figure this out has put me sideways. State is most likely Tenessee, based on intel. I wonder if this tour will be predominantly early to mid April. NBA playoffs start 4/18.
    I’m following these rumors better than the Euro ones!  NHL playoffs start in early April as well. Dimi said there are no shows in May, so I’m thinking a mid-March start out west and they make their way east and finish up in Canada in late April. 
  • Options
    People have lost their jobs for leaking dates.... and venues have had shows cancelled for leaking dates. I think that might be part of the reason why more information is not readily available leading up to this tour announcement. 
  • Options
    People have lost their jobs for leaking dates.... and venues have had shows cancelled for leaking dates. I think that might be part of the reason why more information is not readily available leading up to this tour announcement. 
    What venues have lost shows for leaked dates?
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,866
    How about Minnesota or Wisconsin. I'll take either...
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,669
    JimmyV said:
    100 Pacer said:
    mfc2006 said:
    pjl44 said:

Never happen.
    Curious why you say this? Feels like a natural fit some year. Like Crosby, Stills and Nash joining Neil Young at the Bridge School.
    Infrastructure. And money.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    mcgruff10 said:
    What venues have lost shows for leaked dates?
    😂