Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    wbutler29 said:
    Just reminding everyone Wrigley August 8th & 10th are leading Chicago rumors.  Won't due Lola or United Center as long as Theo is with Cubs.  My guess is spring announcement will be like 2016, here are the spring dates and another drawing will be head later for late summer/early fall ball parks.
    Maddon is gone and the Cubs are now on a Sinclair-owned network.  I hope they create some distance from the Cubs.  I'm a lifelong die-hard fan, but I can't support Sinclair.  A Wrigley show is of course better than no Chicago shows (I had a blast at all 5 Chicago and both Home shows) and WAY WAY better than Lolla, but yeah, let's go back to the UC please.

Not sure what Maddon being gone has to do with anything - Eddie’s friendship is with Theo. And he’s a lifelong Cubs fan.

And, well, almost all sports owners lean right.  Reinsdorf has investments with Sinclair in a digital venture (Stadium) so would that eliminate a show at the United Center too? It just so happens that Sinclair gives the Cubs the best leverage to get included on cable packages.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    riley540 said:
    riley540 said:
    riley540 said:
    I’m still trying to figure out where they’d play in Seattle in March with no decent sized arena available
    Tacoma Dome just south of Seattle 
    lol Oh I’m aware of the Tacoma Dome.Please god no
    I notice that’s where a lot of big acts have been playing the the cold season. I’ve never been there but I’ve heard it’s god awful. 
    It’s a pit man lol.  I’d rather stand outside the showbox and listen through the walls, the sound would probably be better!  I just remembered there’s a decent arena in Everett that could do.  I saw Audioslave and Neil Young there, it’s on the smaller side though.
    I lived in Bellingham for a few years and moved to Denver this year for school. If they play anywhere from Vancouver to Portland I’d make the trip back up there. Stay with friends. Vancouver is only a couple hours north. Rogers Arena has great sound when I’ve been there. Far better than Key Arena had. 
    Yeah, I'd rather go to Vancouver or Portland. The Tacoma Dome sucks,but it is the largest capacity venue currently available in the Seattle area and has a capacity of 23,000. Sub optimal, but certainly possible.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,640
    vedpunk said:
    The best way to describe the upcoming North American Tour is chicken & waffles or maybe Fish & Chips?
    Is this a question or a statement
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,994
    ed243421 said:
    vedpunk said:
    The best way to describe the upcoming North American Tour is chicken & waffles or maybe Fish & Chips?
    Inquiring minds want to know. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 767
    Maybe everyone needs to check their junk folders!?!?!?!?!?! 
  • Options
    We probable have 4 weeks of spicy rumors before real news. Spicy 1 is in the SW. Spicy 2 is a 6 hour train ride east followed by a 5 hour bus ride north. That's 11 hours. Must mean something. Spicy 3 no hints.
    That sounds like San Diego, Phoenix, and Vegas to me.  I am really hoping the BBQ means Kansas City because they created burnt ends and there is really no other reason to talk about other regional bbq unless we're talking about second place or lower.  Seeing PJ at Arrowhead or Sprint Center would be life affirming.
  • Options
    We probable have 4 weeks of spicy rumors before real news. Spicy 1 is in the SW. Spicy 2 is a 6 hour train ride east followed by a 5 hour bus ride north. That's 11 hours. Must mean something. Spicy 3 no hints.
    That sounds like San Diego, Phoenix, and Vegas to me.  I am really hoping the BBQ means Kansas City because they created burnt ends and there is really no other reason to talk about other regional bbq unless we're talking about second place or lower.  Seeing PJ at Arrowhead or Sprint Center would be life affirming.
    Not sure if your BBQ take or your post count gives you less cred!  Zing!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,019
    Man I thought today was the day.  Oh well.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 496
    any chance the announcement drops at 5 EST? 

• Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,795
    friday is not really a news drop day in any business, it is the day you release bad news that you want people to not dig into as the weekend distracts.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
     mcgruff10 said:
    Man I thought today was the day.  Oh well.  

"The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    JadlerJadler Posts: 706
    FWIW: asked a reliable source within the Red Sox Organization about possibility of PJ back at Fenway this summer. Said they are not on any list that he has seen so far, but also that there are a couple spots still being negotiated that they are being very secretive about. Time will tell!!
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 936
    edited December 2019
    I'll double stamp this! BTW, I dont think fish and chips comment is an east coast hint.
    Post edited by DEGBTI on
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 857
    ed243421 said:
    vedpunk said:
  • Options
    5?  So 5 PST announcement?
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    whats the meaning of The fish and chips hint?i dont know what means 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    jaredsjareds CA Posts: 24
    vedpunk said:
    ed243421 said:
    vedpunk said:
    5 days? 5 Weeks?  Need some professional code breakers to figure these hints out!
    PJ: 
    San Francisco 12/31/91
    Mountain View 7/18/92 Lollapalooza
    Mountain View 7/19/92 Lollapalooza
    Mountain View 11/1/92 Bridge School
    San Francisco 10/28/93
    San Jose 10/30/93
    Berkeley 10/31/93
    Mountain View 10/2/94 Bridge School
    San Francisco 6/24/95
    San Jose 11/4/95
    Mountain View 10/20/96 Bridge School
    Oakland 11/15/97 Rolling Stones
    Mountain View 10/30/99 Bridge School
    Mountain View 10/31/00
    Mountain View 6/1/03
    San Francisco 7/15/06
    San Francisco 7/16/06
    San Francisco 7/18/06
    Mountain View 10/22/06 Bridge School
    Honolulu 12/9/06 U2
    Mountain View 10/23/10 Bridge School
    Mountain View 10/24/10 Bridge School
    Los Angeles 11/23/13
    Oakland 11/26/13
    Seattle 12/6/13
    Denver 10/22/14
    Mountain View 10/25/14 Bridge School
    Mexico City 11/28/15
    Seattle 8/8/18
    Seattle 8/10/18
    Missoula 8/13/18
    Chicago 8/18/18
    Chicago 8/20/18
    EV: 
    Berkeley 4/7/08
    Berkeley 4/8/08

• Options
    I liked someone's idea that it could be a playful reference to London, Ontario.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,547
    jareds said:
    vedpunk said:
    ed243421 said:
    vedpunk said:
    5 days? 5 Weeks?  Need some professional code breakers to figure these hints out!
    Yes. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    JDime20JDime20 Posts: 192
    vedpunk said:
    ed243421 said:
    vedpunk said:
    5 against 1... Vs. was recorded just outside of San Francisco. Someone mentioned SF being known for fish and chips. SF is kicking off the tour?
  • Options
    Not sure if your BBQ take or your post count gives you less cred!  Zing!
    Ha ha ha...you got me on the post count.  My BBQ take is spot on. 
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,776
    edited December 2019
    on2legs said:
    The guy on Sirius XM Lithium came on after playing I Got Id about an hour ago and said that a North American Tour announcement is coming soon for fall 2020 shows.

I'm not saying he's right or wrong just relaying what I heard him say. No clue where he's getting his info.
    People I know that are barely into Pearl Jam have been texting me today that Reddit is crawling with threads about a pending Pearl Jam tour announcement. 

Funny money says Alt Nation, aka here and Facebook.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    "Fish, chips, cup o' tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary-fuckin'-Poppins, London!"
    - Dennis Farina
  • Options
    radarradar Posts: 770
    London Ontario Canada?
  • Options
    Maybe the boys will play Kingston.  A cover of “Grace, Too”  would be appropriate.  Toronto, QC, Hamilton, Kingston. 
    That would be fantastic. 
  • Options
    PrettyGutsPrettyGuts Posts: 73
    edited December 2019
    My wife has a friend at Budweiser Gardens who intimated PJ will play Philly and London, she seemed pretty sure...

haha her source, not my wife
    Post edited by PrettyGuts on
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,412
    London, eh? That's a smaller venue if I recall correctly. Tough ticket to come by, for sure!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,019
    My wife has a friend at Budweiser Gardens who intimated PJ will play Philly and London, she seemed pretty sure...

Philly!!!! 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,262
    Here’s to 19 and 20 next year and maybe 21 and 22!  
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,629
    mcgruff10 said:

Philly!!!! 
    One day this show starved city will finally get its due.