Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    link93link93 Posts: 407
    In the past they don’t announce tours on the 10th. 
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    The fact there has been scant rumors proves that today is not the day, imo.  

There's usually some crumbs and tidbits of info before the info is announced.  We haven't heard much of anything yet. 

I don't know how the many people involved couldn't leak some info if the announcement were today. 
    Yeah, especially no radio station buzz.  Monday is the last chance for 2019, IMO.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,885
    edited December 2019
    mdgsolo said:
    If it is not today, I am sure there are some other astute detectives on here that have already discovered January 10th is the first full moon of 2020...  If the additional announcement and/or album info was related to the moon imagery, it may make more sense to tie it to something with new beginnings- not an ending of an activity absent year.  Additionally, the first moon is also known as the Wolf Moon.  The story goes that people could hear the hungry wolves howling at the wolf moon outside the village walls.  If there is a political connotation, I think we can make of that what we will.  Plus, the band seems to love announcing things on the 10th...
    Image result for great detective work gif
  • Options
    The fact there has been scant rumors proves that today is not the day, imo.  

There's usually some crumbs and tidbits of info before the info is announced.  We haven't heard much of anything yet. 

I don't know how the many people involved couldn't leak some info if the announcement were today. 
    Yeah, especially no radio station buzz.  Monday is the last chance for 2019, IMO.

Absolutely right.....no radio station buzz at all
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,353
    I’m still trying to figure out where they’d play in Seattle in March with no decent sized arena available
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,439
    I dont remember a ton of radio buzz the day of an announcement for prior PJ Tours. I feel like thats a Boss/Billy Joel/Stones thing. Could be wrong
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    I’m still trying to figure out where they’d play in Seattle in March with no decent sized arena available
    Tacoma Dome just south of Seattle 
  • Options
    It is pretty impressive how things are being kept under wraps this time around.  If it's not today then we will be waiting until January...I can't wait until January!
    I guess Monday is possible (follow same sched as Europe), but no later than that--then it's January.

I've been thinking a Monday as well. I am still holding out hope we get an announcement before Xmas.
    2011: Vancouver
    2013: LA 1 & LA 2, Vancouver
    2018: Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    2022: LA 1 & LA 2
    2024: Vancouver 1 & Vancouver 2, Portland, Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
  • Options
    riley540 said:
    lol Oh I’m aware of the Tacoma Dome.Please god no
  • Options
    riley540 said:
    I notice that’s where a lot of big acts have been playing the the cold season. I’ve never been there but I’ve heard it’s god awful. 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    JojoRice said:
    Yea thats what I'm thinking.  If no announcement by 12CT/1Eastern then we wait until Monday. 
    And if not Monday, we reconvene in January lol 
    Reconvene??? There's still so much speculation to be had!  :-)
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    Madison, Wisconsin is a fine place to visit in spring.
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    I'd be down with that.
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    3days said:
    I'd be down with that.

Pearl Jam hasn't played here since October of 1991. State Street. The State Capitol. Great Beer!

Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options

Really hoping they play some sheds!  I haven't seen them in an amphitheater since West Palm 08 I think, but I'm just grateful they will be touring period!  
    In addition to the fact that they havent done that kind of summer tour in the U.S. in a while, I really wonder how big a factor the season ticket holders are in their decision to not play sheds. Really limits how many seats they can get for 10C.

I forgot I was at Alpine 2011 but still its been a long time since they have done a shed tour.   I didn't know you can buy season tickets for shows now.

I believe it's been the case since before 2011.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    riley540 said:
    riley540 said:
    I notice that’s where a lot of big acts have been playing the the cold season. I’ve never been there but I’ve heard it’s god awful. 
    It’s a pit man lol.  I’d rather stand outside the showbox and listen through the walls, the sound would probably be better!  I just remembered there’s a decent arena in Everett that could do.  I saw Audioslave and Neil Young there, it’s on the smaller side though.
  • Options
    riley540 said:
    riley540 said:
    It’s a pit man lol.  I’d rather stand outside the showbox and listen through the walls, the sound would probably be better!  I just remembered there’s a decent arena in Everett that could do.  I saw Audioslave and Neil Young there, it’s on the smaller side though.
    I lived in Bellingham for a few years and moved to Denver this year for school. If they play anywhere from Vancouver to Portland I’d make the trip back up there. Stay with friends. Vancouver is only a couple hours north. Rogers Arena has great sound when I’ve been there. Far better than Key Arena had. 
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,932
    Agreed!
  • Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 651
    bbiggs said:
    Agreed!
    That’d be awesome 
  • Options
    riley540 said:
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    Man; this thread really slowed down! Come on insiders, when do we get to empty our bank accounts? :)
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,971
    jmug23 said:
    Man; this thread really slowed down! Come on insiders, when do we get to empty our bank accounts? :)
    Definitely a good time for a new hint. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    That Tom Waits announcement video was outstanding!  I had never seen that before.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,935
    I just hope we hear something before my wife makes me buy some less desirable family members there Xmas gifts. Im holding out as long as possible. 
  • Options
    DSTRUBDSTRUB Posts: 290
    Maybe an announcement today about a forthcoming announcement Monday??
    2013= Wrigley 1, Dallas, OKC
    2014= Amsterdam 1&2, St. Louis, Lincoln, Detroit, Moline, Denver
    2015= Mexico City
    2016= Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Lexington, MSG1, Fenway1, Wrigley 2&3
    2017= EV @ Ohana
    2018= London 1, Boarderline, Seattle 1&2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 4&5
  • Options
    wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 493
    jmug23 said:

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,932
    I was just driving behind a car with a big stickman sticker on the back window. That never has happened where I live, so I’ll take it as a sign. Let go announcement 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,971
    22 minutes to go...

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,789
    don't want to be a wet blanket but typically they give a warning update before all tour announcements, not sure the pre euro tour pssst would cut it, so I think the likelihood falls more to the jan 10th idea, but, happy to be wrong.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,391
    bbiggs said:
    I was just driving behind a car with a big stickman sticker on the back window. That never has happened where I live, so I’ll take it as a sign. Let go announcement 
    I was playing a word game against the computer this morning. Opponent's name was PJ. First word they played was pearl. Signs everywhere, man.