Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,994
    Choska said:
    Sorry for not keeping up on the rumors. Is the consensus that there will be a second North American leg to the tour this fall? I want to go to the Nashville show but hoping for a run of shows in the PNW this fall as well.
    I don't think there have been clues dropped about a post Europe tour but it seems to be the likely that they will tour the US in the fall.

I hope so at least....they haven't been to Indy since 2010
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,895
    edited December 2019
    Choska said:
    Sorry for not keeping up on the rumors. Is the consensus that there will be a second North American leg to the tour this fall? I want to go to the Nashville show but hoping for a run of shows in the PNW this fall as well.
    That is what the plan is according to Dimi. Well that was the plan from the get go but this spring leg came out of nowhere. I am not sure if that means that this was the tour the Fall was supposed to get or it was added on. As you can see from these rumours there are 4 or 5 major markets not being touched by this tour. PNW is a tough one to guess since the refurb in the Seattle arena is not going to be done until 2021 summer at the earliest. I would love to see Pearl Jam put up a mini residency there to reopen it. Aside from that they have Portland they need to hit and the Gorge is always in the rumour mill wishlist. Of course they could play Safeco again but aside from a couple of DJ's that said they were playing Wrigley next year we have heard nothing about ballpark shows. November 2015 and 2017 we heard some decent rumours from those that worked at the facilities that ballpark shows were happening. 

In summary who fucking knows. See what you can when you can! I would like to also add they are already doing 30 shows this year. You have to look back to 2006 when they toured more than that with another leg that would take them to 45ish. That is a huge number for them
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,966
    demetrios said:
    JimmyV said:
    ed243421 said:
    So there has to be a 5th Canadian show???
    How are the fish and chips in Atlantic Canada? 

They are the greatest ... EVER!!!! =)
     =) 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    IF there is a SiriusXM show, will it be announced with the other dates, or is it like a one off show, since tix aren’t available to the general public?  I’m unsure about particulars of these shows, anyone know or can venture a guess?
    Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,627
    ponner1us said:
    IF there is a SiriusXM show, will it be announced with the other dates, or is it like a one off show, since tix aren’t available to the general public?  I’m unsure about particulars of these shows, anyone know or can venture a guess?
    I would guess it’s something Sirius would announce independently. They make a huge deal out of these shows. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,595
    What if Toronto gets 2 shows? 
    GTHA
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    ChoskaChoska Posts: 121
    edited December 2019
    PJNB said:
    Choska said:
    That is what the plan is according to Dimi. Well that was the plan from the get go but this spring leg came out of nowhere. I am not sure if that means that this was the tour the Fall was supposed to get or it was added on. As you can see from these rumours there are 4 or 5 major markets not being touched by this tour. PNW is a tough one to guess since the refurb in the Seattle arena is not going to be done until 2021 summer at the earliest. I would love to see Pearl Jam put up a mini residency there to reopen it. Aside from that they have Portland they need to hit and the Gorge is always in the rumour mill wishlist. Of course they could play Safeco again but aside from a couple of DJ's that said they were playing Wrigley next year we have heard nothing about ballpark shows. November 2015 and 2017 we heard some decent rumours from those that worked at the facilities that ballpark shows were happening. 

In summary who fucking knows. See what you can when you can! I would like to also add they are already doing 30 shows this year. You have to look back to 2006 when they toured more than that with another leg that would take them to 45ish. That is a huge number for them
    Thanks for replying. See what you can when you can is good advice. 

There was a report that the owners (Oak View Group) of the NHL team, and also the folks renovating Key Arena, wants Pearl Jam as the "house band" at the new arena. Kelly Curtis is an advisor to Oak View Group. A run of dates when it opens was speculated a year or so ago. But as you say that isn't until summer 2021. T-Mobile Park (Safeco) is always an option, as is the Clink or even Husky Stadium. The Gorge is a great place to see them, but that venue is a solid 2.5 hour drive from Seattle and I've heard rumors the band doesn't love it. Pier 62 is re-opening as a concert venue this summer, but will only seat a few thousand. That doesn't seem like a likely venue for Pearl Jam but would be a great spot for a Vedder solo show. 

We shall see!
    Seattle 1992Seattle 1992Seattle 1993Seattle 1995Seattle 1996Seattle 1998Seattle 2001Seattle 2002Seattle 2005Gorge 2006Seattle 2009Seattle 2013Chicago 2016 x2Seattle 2018 x2San Diego 2022Nashville 2022, Seattle 2022 - Eddie Vedder

• Options
    kerbjackkerbjack kamloops bc Posts: 218
    If they are skipping Seattle, would they come up to Vancouver? Its closer than the Gorge
    'Have you seen the way that tree bends?'
  • Options
    DSTRUBDSTRUB Posts: 290
    Not a very solid rumor but a buddy of mine knows I’m a huge PJ fan. Texted me saying he heard PJ was playing Woodlands, TX. His boss was walking around the waterway and saw a sign...

I mean maybe it could be a show in the Fall tour leg? This is a rumor thread after all, so that’s what I heard lol
    2013= Wrigley 1, Dallas, OKC
    2014= Amsterdam 1&2, St. Louis, Lincoln, Detroit, Moline, Denver
    2015= Mexico City
    2016= Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Lexington, MSG1, Fenway1, Wrigley 2&3
    2017= EV @ Ohana
    2018= London 1, Boarderline, Seattle 1&2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 4&5
  • Options
    bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888
    ed243421 said:
    ed243421 said:
    Current guess:

3.20 Q
    3.22 ott
    3.24 hammy
    3.25 toro
    3.27 balt
    3.30 nyc
    4.2 nash
    4.4 stl
    4.6 den
    4.8 pho
    4.10 vegas
    4.13 sd
    4.15 la
    4.16 la
    4.19 oak
    4.20 oak

What about SNL? 3/28??? Thank you everyone!! xoxxooo Happy New Year! see you in 2020!!
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,521
    JimmyV said:
    Wasn't there a robbery in the GA line before that Oakland 2013 show? 
    There was a theft according to a sign in the crowd Eddie read. Not sure it can be categorized as a "robbery." I always wondered how the band helped the individuals involved, as they were from South America and had their IDs stolen, iirc.

Not knowing the circumstances but if force was used, it indeed would be a robbery.  Never heard the story though.
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 836
    DSTRUB said:
    Not a very solid rumor but a buddy of mine knows I’m a huge PJ fan. Texted me saying he heard PJ was playing Woodlands, TX. His boss was walking around the waterway and saw a sign...

I mean maybe it could be a show in the Fall tour leg? This is a rumor thread after all, so that’s what I heard lol
    Texas in the Fall has a good ring to it. 
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    DSTRUB said:

Ask him to go back and take a photo then?
  • Options
    DSTRUB said:

Man... don’t even kid about that. PJ in The Woodlands! That  would be a post-Christmas miracle. Not since 2003. Place holds more than most arenas, would be a destination show for half of us. From your lips to God’s ears 
  • Options
    NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 824
    edited December 2019
    Still trying to wrap my head around this. We've got Toronto "confirmed" for March 18. SBA is booked March 12-17, then March 19-24. FirstOntario Centre in Hamilton is booked March 14 and 15, then from March 18-22. Is the thought they'll start the tour in Toronto, head out east, then swing back through Hamilton before going to the States? A second Toronto show would have to be March 25 or 26, which seems a stretch...and I believe we've already been told there's only one Toronto show? I guess Toronto + Hamilton is pretty good...if Ottawa materializes then it's a throwback to 2005/2011/kinda 2016.
    Post edited by NWOntario on
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,063
     I would like to also add they are already doing 30 shows this year. You have to look back to 2006 when they toured more than that with another leg that would take them to 45ish. That is a huge number for them
    And that's also going to be over $1500 in posters for people to complain about not getting in the drops! 
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    NWOntario said:
    Still trying to wrap my head around this. We've got Toronto "confirmed" for March 18. SBA is booked March 12-17, then March 19-24. FirstOntario Centre in Hamilton is booked March 14 and 15, then from March 18-22. Is the thought they'll start the tour in Toronto, head out east, then swing back through Hamilton before going to the States? A second Toronto show would have to be March 25 or 26, which seems a stretch...and I believe we've already been told there's only one Toronto show? I guess Toronto + Hamilton is pretty good...if Ottawa materializes then it's a throwback to 2005/2011/kinda 2016.
    Toronto
    Ottawa or QC
    Ottawa or QC
    Hamilton
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,325
    Choska said:
    PJNB said:
    Choska said:

Thanks for replying. See what you can when you can is good advice. 

There was a report that the owners (Oak View Group) of the NHL team, and also the folks renovating Key Arena, wants Pearl Jam as the "house band" at the new arena. Kelly Curtis is an advisor to Oak View Group. A run of dates when it opens was speculated a year or so ago. But as you say that isn't until summer 2021. T-Mobile Park (Safeco) is always an option, as is the Clink or even Husky Stadium. The Gorge is a great place to see them, but that venue is a solid 2.5 hour drive from Seattle and I've heard rumors the band doesn't love it. Pier 62 is re-opening as a concert venue this summer, but will only seat a few thousand. That doesn't seem like a likely venue for Pearl Jam but would be a great spot for a Vedder solo show. 

We shall see!
    I assumed the band would fly out to the Gorge via helicopter or something.   I wonder if they loathe the heat.  The '05 show in September had perfect 20c/70f type weather.  It was perfection.  The July '06 shows were insanely hot and the venue has no shade.    They had billed the '06 shows as evening with Pearl Jam, but didn't do an acoustic preset like in '05.  I often wondered if that was because of the heat.    You'd probably get heat stroke playing for 3 hours in 120f. 

The rumoured N.A. dates don't seem to indicate any Pacific Northwest Dates (I've seen no guesses for Vancouver/Seattle/Portland/Alberta).  Maybe that means you're right and they intend to do those shows in 2021?
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,153
    hihobibo said:
     I would like to also add they are already doing 30 shows this year. You have to look back to 2006 when they toured more than that with another leg that would take them to 45ish. That is a huge number for them
    And that's also going to be over $1500 in posters for people to complain about not getting in the drops! 
    44 designs people will shit on and 1 based on the Smurfs that will sell for $600 overnight 
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    NWOntario said:

Yes.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    hihobibo said:
    44 designs people will shit on and 1 based on the Smurfs that will sell for $600 overnight 

This is too true.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Dvdpenny72Dvdpenny72 Seattle Posts: 108
    pjl44 said:
    hihobibo said:
    ISO PJ Smurfs!
  • Options
    Little ItalyLittle Italy Rochester, NY Posts: 404
    Man there are some Oakland haters on here. But guess who’s not hating on Oakland?? These Guys 👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼

Once they announce their tour, if any out of town ppl wanna see Oakland for what it really is message me, we’ll hang out and I’ll show you this beautiful city for what it really is.  Haters...just keep on hating 😜. 
    Hotel info for those interested:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32810-d78742-Reviews-Executive_Inn_Suites-Oakland_California.html

I just stayed here for 2 weeks back in November for a Raiders game and a friend's DJ competition-The hotel wasn't bad and its easy to cross in and out of the East/West Bay; they also had a shuttle to the Bart station and other areas.

If this offer still stands, I'd love to get the "insider tour" next time because the Bay area is like the NYC of the West-cool people for real.
    "he who forgets-will be destined to remember"
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,166
    Man there are some Oakland haters on here. But guess who’s not hating on Oakland?? These Guys 👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼

Once they announce their tour, if any out of town ppl wanna see Oakland for what it really is message me, we’ll hang out and I’ll show you this beautiful city for what it really is.  Haters...just keep on hating 😜. 
    Hotel info for those interested:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32810-d78742-Reviews-Executive_Inn_Suites-Oakland_California.html

I just stayed here for 2 weeks back in November for a Raiders game and a friend's DJ competition-The hotel wasn't bad and its easy to cross in and out of the East/West Bay; they also had a shuttle to the Bart station and other areas.

If this offer still stands, I'd love to get the "insider tour" next time because the Bay area is like the NYC of the West-cool people for real.

NYC is not cool, Brooklyn is.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,166
    ed243421 said:
    Could be

but routing makes a little more sense like:

18 Q
    20 ott
    22 Thunder Bay/winnipeg
    24 hammy
    25 toro

For it to be a real Canadian tour, dog river is a must:

18 TO
    20 ott
    22 Thunder Bay/winnipeg
    24 hammy
    25 dog river
  • Options
    What are the latest rumors for Phoenix, Vegas, San Diego, and LA?
  • Options
    RT85129RT85129 Posts: 179
    Begging for an Atlanta show in Fall.  Been 16 years since a non-Festival show. 
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,304
    Dimitris - has there been any changes to the schedule since you first heard the original tour schedule?   Just curious.
     no clue,and for sure ill not ask 
    Thanks.  Was really just curious that is all.  It was interesting how Europe changed so quickly at the end. 
     Well that's a talk not for post 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ed243421 said:
    No show 4.18
    Says who
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Canada =4