2023/2024 NBA Season October 18th Opening Tip off! Pg 48

Comments

• Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,531
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    Haven't play in Denver since 2019..what he is afraid of??.. =)
    https://youtu.be/tXKNRkbwE6A?si=LW6Upes7bkQMv21O
    Lol.

Embiid owns Jokic. Why do you think he's afraid of him when he's only lost to him twice and dropping 40+ the last couple times they've played? Makes zero sense. 

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/joel-embiid-stats-vs-nikola-jokic-stats

Also, I guess he's he afraid of Portland too, since, you know, his knee is still bothering him and he's out tonight. 
    Sorry but.. Jokic can beat him with one hand  ;)
    Why does he regularly lose to him with two then?
    There is no way to convince me who is better player.. ;)
    Well if both the eye test and the stats test don't work...yeah I guess there's no convincing you. 

You probably also think he was still ducking Jokic too and that this prolonged actual injury is all a part of the ruse. haha
    The eye test work very fine, thats why i can see what is everyone doing in the field..can you??.. ;)
    Does your eye test not see him losing 6 of 8 games he's played against the guy? Or getting out scored and out played most of the time? lol
    If they are both healthy Embiid is better than Jokic. But being healthy is a skill too, so you have to consider that.
    Yeah, that's a different conversation though. Saying "Jokic can beat him with one hand" when he regularly loses with both doesn't make any sense. 
    He can beat Jojo with one hand when Embiid has two torn menisci. or something like that
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,334
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    Lol.

Embiid owns Jokic. Why do you think he's afraid of him when he's only lost to him twice and dropping 40+ the last couple times they've played? Makes zero sense. 

Also, I guess he's he afraid of Portland too, since, you know, his knee is still bothering him and he's out tonight. 
    Well if both the eye test and the stats test don't work...yeah I guess there's no convincing you. 

You probably also think he was still ducking Jokic too and that this prolonged actual injury is all a part of the ruse. haha
    The eye test work very fine, thats why i can see what is everyone doing in the field..can you??.. ;)
    Does your eye test not see him losing 6 of 8 games he's played against the guy? Or getting out scored and out played most of the time? lol
    If they are both healthy Embiid is better than Jokic. But being healthy is a skill too, so you have to consider that.
    Yeah, that's a different conversation though. Saying "Jokic can beat him with one hand" when he regularly loses with both doesn't make any sense. 
    He can beat Jojo with one hand when Embiid has two torn menisci. or something like that
    Ha! Fair enough
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,521
    edited February 5
    Doc was brought in to tighten up the Bucks’ D? They gave up 40 in the 4th last night to my Jazz. :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,551
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    Lol.

How can you say that??..what one does and what the other does in the field are obvious..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    edited February 6
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    Lol.

How can you say that??..what one does and what the other does in the field are obvious..
    It's easy to say that when Embiid is 6-2 against him while putting up better overall numbers than Jokic.

How can you say what you're saying? Have you actually seen these games they've played against each other? If not, see below for the numbers:

https://www.landofbasketball.com/games_between/joel_embiid_vs_nikola_jokic.htm

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    Lol.

It's easy to say that when Embiid is 6-2 against him while putting up better overall numbers than Jokic.

How can you say what you're saying? Have you actually seen these games they've played against each other? If not, see below for the numbers:

one is an intellect and another is simply a good player..end of story for me..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,084
    New Kobe statue unveiled. Nuggs beat the Lakers.
    Mavs beat a Brunsonless Knicks.
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    Lol.

one is an intellect and another is simply a good player..end of story for me..
    Funny how the one you seem to think is dumber, for some odd reason, always seems to outplay the other though...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Now Embiid is "dumb?" Dude that's fucked up. And also total bullshit. Guy will get to the foul line a couple dozen times a game.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Now Embiid is "dumb?" Dude that's fucked up. And also total bullshit. Guy will get to the foul line a couple dozen times a game.
    Makes you wonder what makes him think Jo is dumber than Jokic...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I never said he's dumb..but compared to Joker..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,259

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    they’re both basketball players. neither is a rocket scientist.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,236
    Was in Brooklyn last night to see Wembanyama….its crazy how smooth he is, had 21pts, hit 3 3’s…. Nets were on fire from (3) like 60%

Fun evening during Super Bowl weekend
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    I imagine Jokic also "works harder" and "devotes himself to the game" and whatever else. As if Embiid was born with the ability to drain 15 footers. Don't worry, we all heard you.

• Options
    Wobbie said:
    23scidoo said:
    they’re both basketball players. neither is a rocket scientist.
    One's clearly white, though. 
    lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    thoughts on the Doc Rivers hire? not looking great.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Going just as well as predicted 2 pages back.
  • Options
    Poncier said:

HAHAHAHAH
    What Do You Mean You People Rdj GIF - What Do You Mean You
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:
    I thought the playoffs would be bad and reg season a turnaround but IU guess the team wants to coach themselves?

• Options
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:
    I thought the playoffs would be bad and reg season a turnaround but IU guess the team wants to coach themselves?

That idea (team coaching themselves) worked so well for the Kyrie/KD Nets.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:

That idea (team coaching themselves) worked so well for the Kyrie/KD Nets.
    That seems what the Bucks are doing.  I dont think theyre listening.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,975
    Not sure which is worse, NBA all star game or NFL Pro Bowl? Both suck. Least NHL and MLB all star games are more fun and competitve
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Not sure which is worse, NBA all star game or NFL Pro Bowl? Both suck. Least NHL and MLB all star games are more fun and competitve
    NHL is also a joke. Next year they are doing a 4 nations competition with USA, Canada, Sweden & Finland, instead. That will be cool!

Baseball is the only ASG worth watching. Some teams have taken to emulating the ASG all the time with different pitchers every inning. LOL

What sport is this thread about?

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,465
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,975
    Wow, The Celtics are dominating the Warriors!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    I haven't seen as many games as you in my life but what I saw last night from the Celtics was truly impressive!!
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options

• Options
    The Warriors are toast now.  Klay is like a shell of himself.  That dynasty is over.
  • Options
    It's college but Caitlyn Clark surpassed Maravich for all time NCAA scoring leader.  Thats impressive.

She was fun to watch last year and damn good to watch this year.  I hope she kills in the WNBA.

Best woman college player ever?  I still think Turassi holds that trophy.