Options

2023/2024 NBA Season October 18th Opening Tip off! Pg 48

Comments

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,480
    Can’t believe Wilt only played 39m that 5th game. 
    Yeah, he was a Slacker that game>HA

I think it was Jalen Rose who said there is a Record Book for Wilt and then a Record Book for everyone else who played in the NBA.
  • Options
    cutz said:
    Can’t believe Wilt only played 39m that 5th game. 
    Yeah, he was a Slacker that game>HA

I think it was Jalen Rose who said there is a Record Book for Wilt and then a Record Book for everyone else who played in the NBA.
    He was a man among boys when he came in the league.  As great as he was he couldn't win a championship by himself...
  • Options
    @CROJAM95 you're going tonight to see Wemby aren't you?
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,254
    ^ decided on Barclays Super Bowl Saturday… that’s one of the best weekends of the year, during the week is rough. Had free Jets MNF I passed on. 

Glad I didn’t, tough debut so far, I’m sure 2nd half will be better
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    ^ decided on Barclays Super Bowl Saturday… that’s one of the best weekends of the year, during the week is rough. Had free Jets MNF I passed on. 

I watched most of that game and yeah, he wasn't good by any means.  MSG the big stadium got to him?
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,263
    CROJAM95 said:

I watched most of that game and yeah, he wasn't good by any means.  MSG the big stadium got to him?
    You're just hoping for him to have bad nights to back up your "he'll be OK, not great" take aren't you? :lol:

How about he's 19, and a rookie playing in a foreign country. There will be growing pains. Judging him on how he plays in the 8th game of his career is silly. This season will be full of ups and downs, but we've already seen his potential. In a couple of years that potential will be fulfilled on a nightly basis, and he'll be an MVP candidate but guess what...not now. Not as a 19-year-old rookie.

Check back on your hot take in 2025 or 2026. 
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,102
    edited November 2023
    Poncier said:
    CROJAM95 said:

You're just hoping for him to have bad nights to back up your "he'll be OK, not great" take aren't you? :lol:

How about he's 19, and a rookie playing in a foreign country. There will be growing pains. Judging him on how he plays in the 8th game of his career is silly. This season will be full of ups and downs, but we've already seen his potential. In a couple of years that potential will be fulfilled on a nightly basis, and he'll be an MVP candidate but guess what...not now. Not as a 19-year-old rookie.

lol defensive?  I asked if the arena got to him and boy did you go off...

And again I said he would be good, we all forget that don't we...  Please pay attention.

Oh and thanks for mansplaning how basketball rookie seasons go, I'm new to this, lol.
    Post edited by tempo_n_groove on
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    CROJAM95 said:

And again I said he would be good, we all forget that don't we...  Please pay attention.

Oh and thanks for mansplaning how basketball rookie seasons go, I'm new to this, lol.
    Notice the laughing emoji in my post.
    Not defensive whatsoever. Just find it funny that you take any and every opportunity to comment when he has a sub par game, yet when he has a spectacular or even decent game you don't comment on it.
  • Options
    Teams are gonna put a target on him due to the hype, in long haul it will benefit him. This season is all about experiences , losses build character and also help with their draft equity , which I believe they have a bunch of picks from trades of vets last few seasons 

Spurs have (2) very good wings in Keldon Johnson, Devin Vassel… Sochan will be important player once they come up, they need a PG, that will help. I thought Chris Paul woulda been a good get, he would help in development 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,344
    When this kid is a perennial All NBA player tempo will still say he's not that good. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
     I thought Chris Paul woulda been a good get, he would help in development 
    Maybe they can sign Cliff Paul, he's not doing anything these days.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    CROJAM95 said:
     I thought Chris Paul woulda been a good get, he would help in development 
    Maybe they can sign Cliff Paul, he's not doing anything these days.
    He was replaced by myauto & his off field romances that are cha Ching 
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    CROJAM95 said:

Notice the laughing emoji in my post.
    Not defensive whatsoever. Just find it funny that you take any and every opportunity to comment when he has a sub par game, yet when he has a spectacular or even decent game you don't comment on it.
    that was the last game he played that i watched, what one you want me to comment on? jeesus

• Options
    When this kid is a perennial All NBA player tempo will still say he's not that good. lol
    I'll still say youre an idiot!
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    Teams are gonna put a target on him due to the hype, in long haul it will benefit him. This season is all about experiences , losses build character and also help with their draft equity , which I believe they have a bunch of picks from trades of vets last few seasons 

Spurs have (2) very good wings in Keldon Johnson, Devin Vassel… Sochan will be important player once they come up, they need a PG, that will help. I thought Chris Paul woulda been a good get, he would help in development 
    Mansplaining again! awesome!!! lol

They put him in for 6 minute spurts.  I found that interesting.  I wonder if Pop leaves him in if he gets hot?

I also found it interesting he was running point.  That surprised me.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    CROJAM95 said:

They put him in for 6 minute spurts.  I found that interesting.  I wonder if Pop leaves him in if he gets hot?

That's part of why he's being touted as a generational talent. He does everything.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:

That's part of why he's being touted as a generational talent. He does everything.
    He sold 2,869 boxes of popcorn at the Spurs' last home game.
  • Options
    Dreymond w the headlock 5 seconds into the game, lol.

If he wanted to hurt Gobert he would have but he clearly didn't but will still get 12 game suspension.

Davis for the Lakers and Willimson for the Pelicans are still playing!  Woohoo!

Are the Spurs trying to tank? 

Also are the Thunder for real or will fade in the playoffs type of team?
  • Options
    Green's history will factor into his suspension. Much like Marchand in the NHL.
    And it should. The guy is a at best a hothead, at worst (and more likely) the dirtiest player in the league.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    And it should. The guy is a at best a hothead, at worst (and more likely) the dirtiest player in the league.
    Question, is Jeremy Sochan going to be that new "dirty player" or is he just doing some awesome old school tricks to get in peoples heads?

Agree w Dreymond.  His history kills him so any incident people will revisit his history...
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,991
    Clippers 0-5 since the Harden trade :lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,532
    Poncier said:

Agree w Dreymond.  His history kills him so any incident people will revisit his history...
    and they should. wish he would’ve gotten 10 games,
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,748
    edited November 2023
    Wobbie said:
    Poncier said:

Totally agree. That dude is scum. There have been dirty players before of course. But he makes the likes of Laimbeer seem respectable. Sure, Laimbeer would elbow or undercut you, but Green kicks people in the groin, stomps them when they're on the ground, punches teammates, and now, a chokehold (from behind, of course) on a guy that was trying to breakup a scuffle. He's ridiculous. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Poncier said:

Totally agree. That dude is scum. There have been dirty players before of course. But he makes the likes of Laimbeer seem respectable. Sure, Laimbeer would elbow or undercut you, but Green kicks people in the groin, stomps them when they're on the ground, punches teammates, and now, a chokehold (from behind, of course) on a guy that was trying to breakup a scuffle. He's ridiculous. 
    Reading this makes me chuckle when you bring up Laimbeer...

I'm used to 80's basketball so this to me was childsplay but the NBA does not want this image in the game anymore.
  • Options
    The stuff that was fairly commonplace (and often not even whistled as a foul) in the 80's/early 90/s would have a guy kicked out of the league and excommunicated to Siberia under today's NBA rules.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,561
    Are Pacers the most fun team to watch right now??..
    Are Haliburton the best passer in league??
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,561
    Tonight's Net's uniform is one of the ugliest things i have ever seen..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,991
    23scidoo said:
    yeah not the best looking jersey's i've seen this year.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,098
    23scidoo said:
    yeah not the best looking jersey's i've seen this year.

judging by the boxscore their defense looked worse than the jersey selection.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    Are Pacers the most fun team to watch right now??..
    Are Haliburton the best passer in league??
    No.
    Maybe?
    chinese-happy.jpg