Options

2023/2024 NBA Season October 18th Opening Tip off! Pg 48

Comments

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,919
    Poncier said:
    How come in the play in games the 7th seed seed faces the 8th seed? Shouldn't they play the 10th seed?
    I laid it out for you in the Sixers thread.

thank you

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,491
    Tonight we got Pelicans vs Lakers.  Pelicans been balling and Williamson found a groove.  I still have Lakers though to make a deep run this year w a healthy AD and LBJ.
    I really hope you’re wrong about that! :wink:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,302
    Wobbie said:
    Tonight we got Pelicans vs Lakers.  Pelicans been balling and Williamson found a groove.  I still have Lakers though to make a deep run this year w a healthy AD and LBJ.
    I think it's funny how Lebron shit on the play in thing a few years ago and is basically in it every year now. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,468
    Wobbie said:
    I think it's funny how Lebron shit on the play in thing a few years ago and is basically in it every year now. lol
    He's the master of play-in games and the in season tournament.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,233
    Death, taxes and a Zion Williamson injury.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,035
    Poncier said:
    Death, taxes and a Zion Williamson injury.
    I was really hoping I was wrong about him too... He D'd up good last night.  He was scoring at will.  He looked great and he gets injured the last few min of the game...

Welp, go Lakers go!
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    He's the master of play-in games and the in season tournament.
    So true.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,919
    Glad the Warrior lost. Thought The Pelicans might pull off the upset.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    EL91640EL91640 Posts: 62
    Fell asleep watching Kings/Warriors (not for lack of excitement, had just spent 2 hours in the theater for Dark Matter) and just saw this morning that Klay went 0/10 from the field and 0/6 from 3!? Going to be different with no Warriors in the playoffs, but I for one am glad to see some changing of the guard and some new faces in the MVP/All Star running. 
  • Options
    ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 609
    edited April 17
    Jontay Porter banned for life for gambling on games. Idiot. 
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • Options
    ZoSoTim said:
    Wonder how much he made from the gambling.
    Was it worth giving up whatever his future NBA earnings would have been?
  • Options
    Less than $80K he made, I think. Nowhere close to enough to risk his career. 
  • Options
    ZoSoTim said:
    Certainly not.
    As a journeyman 12th-15th guy on a roster he could have made several million dollars over the next few years.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,437
    ZoSoTim said:
    Yup(IDIOT)

I wonder if other Leagues around the World would Ban him too?
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    ZoSoTim said:
    Certainly not.
    As a journeyman 12th-15th guy on a roster he could have made several million dollars over the next few years.
    He was most likely making more gambling.  He was signing 2 day contracts.  He was never staying long term in the NBA.

I did not know that Michael Porter Jr was his brother.  He is next to be investigated.  Not that he did anything wrong though.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    ZoSoTim said:
    Certainly not.
    He was most likely making more gambling.  He was signing 2 day contracts.  He was never staying long term in the NBA.

I did not know that Michael Porter Jr was his brother.  He is next to be investigated.  Not that he did anything wrong though.
    He already made more than 2 Mil in the NBA.
    Just make a roster and you make 7 figures.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,491
    Poncier said:
    Death, taxes, poncier old guy jokes and a Zion Williamson injury.
    fixed.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    ZoSoTim said:
    Certainly not.

He already made more than 2 Mil in the NBA.
    Just make a roster and you make 7 figures.
    So Jontay Porter made 1.9 mil for 20-21 season.  That was now over 3 years ago.  He made 300k in 21-22 which was 2 years ago. Since then he has signed 10 and 2 day deals besides playing in the G league.  I'm pretty sure since he hasn't made a roster that was money he wasn't going to make but hey, that's just my way of thinking since he wasn't making any squad.

He made a team once in 6 years.
  • Options
    Watching the sixers/MIA game and Embiid looked like poop.  Is he fatigued?  Is he done or was it just a bad day?  He did the right thing by praising the Frenchmen for carrying them in the end.

I think in the first time in a long time the Knicks have a good reason to celebrate their team.  They should make it past the first round.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,170
    NBA set itself up....Wait til a superstar gets caught Gambling ......Have to give them the death penalty like they did with this scrub

And you know guys are doing it

• Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    NBA set itself up....Wait til a superstar gets caught Gambling ......Have to give them the death penalty like they did with this scrub

Rumor was Jordan did it...

I don't get why you'd do that if u are making millions?  U want a high, go bet on the ponies.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,170
    Lot of them do, I doubt Michael bet against his team

also with the landscape now, the league cant look like they have conflicts with all the betting deals they made

I dont watch ESPN too much, but even having ESPN BETS looks shady to me....no  boundaries anymore
  • Options
    edited April 18
    Watching the sixers/MIA game and Embiid looked like poop.  Is he fatigued?  Is he done or was it just a bad day?  He did the right thing by praising the Frenchmen for carrying them in the end.

I think in the first time in a long time the Knicks have a good reason to celebrate their team.  They should make it past the first round.
    He had surgery to repair a tear in his meniscus and missed two months. Came back a couple weeks ago and looked great but tweaked it again last week. 

Came through when they needed him down the stretch last night though. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    It was a super frustrating game with Embiid and Maxey really struggling but they were really gutsy pulling it out. Miami is brutal to play in the playoffs. Or "playoffs" if you will.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    It was a super frustrating game with Embiid and Maxey really struggling but they were really gutsy pulling it out. Miami is brutal to play in the playoffs. Or "playoffs" if you will.
    They're a much deeper team than before. I don't think previous year's teams would have won that game. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    They're a much deeper team than before. I don't think previous year's teams would have won that game. 
    Right. They can finally sit Terrible Tobias for the last minute and pull the game out with other players. Previous years that wasn't an option.

• Options
    Right. They can finally sit Terrible Tobias for the last minute and pull the game out with other players. Previous years that wasn't an option.
    Yep. They have a coach with the balls to do it too. Big difference. Hope Jo looks better on Saturday with a couple more days of rest. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I'm taking Knicks over Sixers.

• Options
    CROJAM95 said:

I don't get why you'd do that if u are making millions?  U want a high, go bet on the ponies.
    Jordan is a well known gambler but not a sports bettor. That’s the huge distinction here. Porter bet against his own team and removed himself from games to ensure prop bets on him won. If Jokic or Giannis did the same they’d also be banned for life without hesitation. 
  • Options
    ZoSoTim said:
    CROJAM95 said:

Jordan is a well known gambler but not a sports bettor. That’s the huge distinction here. Porter bet against his own team and removed himself from games to ensure prop bets on him won. If Jokic or Giannis did the same they’d also be banned for life without hesitation. 
    U never heard the rumblings that Jordan bet on b-ball?

He is currently NOT allowed to bet on NASCAR because of his ownership.