Options

2023/2024 NBA Season October 18th Opening Tip off! Pg 48

Comments

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,977
    Rodman scored like 4 points a game and was a defensive genius and helped win games.

Wallace scored like 6 and helped win games.  I know there are more players but if n you don’t think defense helps win games or is just dismissed for a 6th man then we are just wat off on what and how we see the game.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    edited April 2023
    Rodman scored like 4 points a game and was a defensive genius and helped win games.

Wallace scored like 6 and helped win games.  I know there are more players but if n you don’t think defense helps win games or is just dismissed for a 6th man then we are just wat off on what and how we see the game.
    Comparing what Rodman and Ben Wallace brought to Caruso is laughable. Defense definitely is important (though a bit less so in this era than previous eras), but not what Caruso brings.

Rodman led the league in rebounding 7 straight seasons (and averaged 7.3PPG for his career, not 4, more than Caruso)
    Wallace had 7 straight years of double digit rebounding including leading he league twice in his prime, and average d over 3 blocks in 3 straight of those seasons.

Caruso's career avg is 6.0 PPG, 2.6 RPG, 2.7 APG.
    The only category he performs above average in (most are waaaaay below average) is steals with 1.2 SPG. His stellar defense looked great Friday, fouling out.

He should be no higher than the 8th option on a playoff team, yet he's starting for the Bulls who (checks notes) are hitting the golf course today.
    Post edited by Poncier on
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Draymond gonna Draymond 
  • Options
    Poncier said:

Comparing what Rodman and Ben Wallace brought to Caruso is laughable. Defense definitely is important (though a bit less so in this era than previous eras), but not what Caruso brings.

Rodman led the league in rebounding 7 straight seasons (and averaged 7.3PPG for his career, not 4, more than Caruso)
    Wallace had 7 straight years of double digit rebounding including leading he league twice in his prime, and average d over 3 blocks in 3 straight of those seasons.

The only category he performs above average in (most are waaaaay below average) is steals with 1.2 SPG. His stellar defense looked great Friday, fouling out.

He should be no higher than the 8th option on a playoff team, yet he's starting for the Bulls who (checks notes) are hitting the golf course today.
    I knew I'd get this from you even though he will be all NBA defense 1st team?  Got it.
  • Options
    Poncier said:

I knew I'd get this from you even though he will be all NBA defense 1st team?  Got it.
    He will not be first team. Got it?
    He will be 2nd or 3rd.
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:
    Draymond gonna Draymond 
    He's an idiot, but Sabonis set it off by grabbing his leg and then plays all innocent.
    Both should be suspended for game 3.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Jumb0 said:
    Draymond gonna Draymond 
    He's an idiot, but Sabonis set it off by grabbing his leg and then plays all innocent.
    Nah, let them play.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

He will be 2nd or 3rd.
    OK so 2nd then.  That's still not bad, got it?
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

He will be 2nd or 3rd.
    Never said he was a bad defender.
    He's just not as vital a piece as you make him out to be. He's a guy who should be the 7th or 8th rotational player on a playoff team.

Lakers are suddenly doing just fine...why? Because they finally rectified the glaring mistake that GM LeBron James made 2 years ago, thinking Westbrook was the answer. The Lakers weren't missing Caruso last year, they were suffering from the most ridiculous roster construction imaginable. Everyone could see it (except for LeBron who vetoed the trade for Hield and Haliburton and forced Pelinka to trade for Westbrook). They were a team needing shooters around AD and James and passed on a great shooter like Hield for the league's worst outside shooting guard. Now they have Russell and are playing to their potential (2nd round elimination).
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

He will be 2nd or 3rd.
    He's just not as vital a piece as you make him out to be. He's a guy who should be the 7th or 8th rotational player on a playoff team.

Lakers are suddenly doing just fine...why? Because they finally rectified the glaring mistake that GM LeBron James made 2 years ago, thinking Westbrook was the answer. The Lakers weren't missing Caruso last year, they were suffering from the most ridiculous roster construction imaginable. Everyone could see it (except for LeBron who vetoed the trade for Hield and Haliburton and forced Pelinka to trade for Westbrook). They were a team needing shooters around AD and James and passed on a great shooter like Hield for the league's worst outside shooting guard. Now they have Russell and are playing to their potential (2nd round elimination).
    I don't think they needed shooters as much as they needed youth.  They need a spark plug which LBJ thought Westbrook would be.  That has to be one of the stupidest trades I have see in a long time, that and anyone trading for Kyrie.

Losing youth and defense and the fact that AD is never healthy enough to play D and LBJ forgot how to play D is why I saw Caruso as a big factor.

The older guys don't move like they used to.

Now if they had got that deal you said, there would be no need for D as they would be able to shoot the lights out on people.

We both know LBJ is his own worst enemy when it comes to recruiting players.  I don't know what he sees sometimes?
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

He will be 2nd or 3rd.

We both know LBJ is his own worst enemy when it comes to recruiting players.  I don't know what he sees sometimes?
    I don't know either. It's mind boggling that a guy with that high a basketball IQ can't envision what pieces make the most sense.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,845
    I hope Sacramento beat the Warriors.

Light the beam! Had anyone heard of this "tradition" before the playoffs even started though? I only heard about the other night. Pretty cool.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

Light the beam! Had anyone heard of this "tradition" before the playoffs even started though? I only heard about the other night. Pretty cool.

I thought Light the beam was new?
  • Options

I thought Light the beam was new?
    I think it originated early in the season. I just found out about it a few days ago (as I’m sure most people did). I guess I worded it wrong about being a tradition of it just started. 
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,450

Light the beam! Had anyone heard of this "tradition" before the playoffs even started though? 

Those of us who watch more than just the sixers had.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Every time I watch Kawhi play I forget how good that guy is...  I watched the first half where He was pretty dominant and fell asleep.  I woke up to the post game and they lost by 14... Wow.
  • Options
    I hope the warriors can add to the draymond “legacy” by losing game 3.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    laettner didn’t even get thrown out of the game.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Poncier said:
    Jumb0 said:
    Draymond gonna Draymond 

Agree he's an idiot. Agree Sabonis set it off. 
    I would've been ok without Draymond being suspended but no way Sabonis should have been. 
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

Light the beam! Had anyone heard of this "tradition" before the playoffs even started though? 

Those of us who watch more than just the sixers had.
    Maybe people on the west coast. Doubt anyone here on the east coast though.

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,251
    Wobbie said:
    laettner didn’t even get thrown out of the game.

He clearly should have. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Can somebody que up Iverson walking over Ty Lue or Pippen standing w his junk in front of Ewing, mind you this was 90's basketball at it's finest...
  • Options
    Never mind the 90's how about the glory days of the 80s?

• Options
    edited April 2023
    Can somebody que up Iverson walking over Ty Lue or Pippen standing w his junk in front of Ewing, mind you this was 90's basketball at it's finest...
    It's not like Iverson stepped on Lue though...

But, yeah I miss the 80's and 90's basketball so much. I wish there could be a happy medium of today's fluid game with the emphasis on the 3 point shot, combined with the toughness of those days. Sooooo many ticky tack calls nowadays. It's just ridiculous.

HAVING SAID THAT....yeah, Draymond should absolutely be suspended a game for what he did. 

And the Iverson/Lue thing was actually 2001. Not in the 90's!
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Poncier said:

My favorite....and, look at that---33 years ago today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90-MMxiXI0Q
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Poncier said:

My favorite....and, look at that---33 years ago today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90-MMxiXI0Q
    Ha. The Isiaih Thomas punches to Mahorn didn't even phase him. Was like an angry 2 year old punching his father when he didn't get his Cheez-its.
  • Options
    It's not like Iverson stepped on Lue though...

But, yeah I miss the 80's and 90's basketball so much. I wish there could be a happy medium of today's fluid game with the emphasis on the 3 point shot, combined with the toughness of those days. Sooooo many ticky tack calls nowadays. It's just ridiculous.

HAVING SAID THAT....yeah, Draymond should absolutely be suspended a game for what he did. 

And the Iverson/Lue thing was actually 2001. Not in the 90's!
    Ooooh that's right.  The only other great brawl I remember from the 2000's was Malice at the Palace but that was fans vs Artest and company.  
  • Options
    ^
    I still need to watch that 30 for 30
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Dillon Brooks calling Lebron "old."

Haha---either he awoke a sleeping giant or...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ...he's old.