Comments

• Options
    Poncier said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    KD just should have gone to the Knicks like he wanted to. 
    I remember him saying specifically that The Knicks aren't a team that players want to play for. "The cool thing is not the Knicks"
    But the Nets were? Even with the players they got were still the 2nd team in the city 
    We talked about the Nets way more, for better or worse.  Theres only so many times you can talk about Julius Randle...
    I doubt they sold out every game 
    We've talked about this before too, Knicks fans are delusional...  They may have been "2nd" in attendance over the Knicks but had a better shot at winning a title.

Obviously the Nets had the better players. I'm talking about relevance. It's not delusional it's fact. Sure if they had won 2 or 3 titles they might have taken over NY. But they didn't. Not sure what you have against the Knicks. I've never seen someone hate a team that hasn't won in over 50 years
    Never ever have I stated that I hate the Knicks.  I just think the fans are delusional in thinking that they have something special year, after year after year... It's not hope, it's delusional.  I have hope for the Angels doing better than what they have done, not thinking they have a shot at winning a WS.

The Nets with their big 3 were more relevant at first.  Then the stupid shit started piling up and became the talk of the town for a different reason.

The Mets, like the Nets sometimes gain more traction than their cross town rivals in relevance, it happens.

And I could be wrong but were the Nets on ESPN/ABC and TNT more than the Knicks?
    This season 17 national TV games for Nets, 12 for Knicks
    NBA schedule 2022-23: Which teams have the most games on national TV? Warriors, Lakers, Celtics... - AS USA

Last season 26 for Nets, 22 for Knicks

National TV Games By Team: 2021-22 : nba (reddit.com)

It looks like you were wrong @igotid88

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,405
    Poncier said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    I remember him saying specifically that The Knicks aren't a team that players want to play for. "The cool thing is not the Knicks"
    But the Nets were? Even with the players they got were still the 2nd team in the city 
    We talked about the Nets way more, for better or worse.  Theres only so many times you can talk about Julius Randle...
    We've talked about this before too, Knicks fans are delusional...  They may have been "2nd" in attendance over the Knicks but had a better shot at winning a title.

Obviously the Nets had the better players. I'm talking about relevance. It's not delusional it's fact. Sure if they had won 2 or 3 titles they might have taken over NY. But they didn't. Not sure what you have against the Knicks. I've never seen someone hate a team that hasn't won in over 50 years
    Never ever have I stated that I hate the Knicks.  I just think the fans are delusional in thinking that they have something special year, after year after year... It's not hope, it's delusional.  I have hope for the Angels doing better than what they have done, not thinking they have a shot at winning a WS.

The Nets with their big 3 were more relevant at first.  Then the stupid shit started piling up and became the talk of the town for a different reason.

The Mets, like the Nets sometimes gain more traction than their cross town rivals in relevance, it happens.

And I could be wrong but were the Nets on ESPN/ABC and TNT more than the Knicks?
    NBA schedule 2022-23: Which teams have the most games on national TV? Warriors, Lakers, Celtics... - AS USA

That's a lot for a bad team
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,474
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

“Angels doing better” is a pretty low bar.

sorry, couldn’t resist.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

It looks like you were wrong @igotid88

I never said they had more. But I'm still right that here in the city the Knicks are more important 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,243
    Nets, Mets, Jets and Knicks; the disgrace of NY sports teams. Even when they seem like they should be good, they blow it or just suck. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    igotid88 said:
    Poncier said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

Way to move the goal posts from the discussion at hand.
    Point is that Nets were seen nationally as far more relevant than Knicks.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    igotid88 said:
    Poncier said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

Way to move the goal posts from the discussion at hand.
    Point is that Nets were seen nationally as far more relevant than Knicks.
    There were no posts moved 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I don’t watch a ton of NBA but last night’s celtics/bucks was great. wish the undermanned C’s could have pulled it out.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,287
    Those undermanned C's are pretty god damned crafty. Fucking Celtics...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

“Angels doing better” is a pretty low bar.

sorry, couldn’t resist.
    lol, Believe me I know.
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,075
    That Bucks-Celtics game was a tremendous regular season game given who was out for the Celtics and actually hurt/sick. 
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    Spurs on a 14 game losing streak. Go Spurs! (I want them to get the number 1 draft pick this year)
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Spurs on a 14 game losing streak. Go Spurs! (I want them to get the number 1 draft pick this year)
    En francais s'il vous plait!

I'd like for that to happen and then have Pop hand the keys over to Bret Brown.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    En francais s'il vous plait!

I'd like for that to happen and then have Pop hand the keys over to Bret Brown.
    yeah, plus i want the Spurs to go back to being good. Always liked them since David Robinson joined the league in '89(?) and when they drafted Duncan they were pretty great.

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Didn't watch any of the all star game festivities but the only two that were cool was some Sixer winning the slam dunk contest (I never heard of the guy) and The Miz's "half court shot" :lol: (i'm a WWE nerd)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrLDxV8eTCs

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Didn't watch any of the all star game festivities but the only two that were cool was some Sixer winning the slam dunk contest (I never heard of the guy) and The Miz's "half court shot" :lol: (i'm a WWE nerd)

That Philly guy you never heard of was a G league guy.  Just came up.  He dunks on YouTube.

The game itself was horrible.  Best part was Tatum and Brown going at each other.
  • Options

That Philly guy you never heard of was a G league guy.  Just came up.  He dunks on YouTube.

The game itself was horrible.  Best part was Tatum and Brown going at each other.
    The game was absolute garbage. I turned it off after one quarter.

McClung saved the dunk contest. The other guys mostly sucked. I couldn’t believe they were getting 48s, 49s and 50s. Crusty old Karl Malone wasn’t having it.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

The game was absolute garbage. I turned it off after one quarter.

McClung saved the dunk contest. The other guys mostly sucked. I couldn’t believe they were getting 48s, 49s and 50s. Crusty old Karl Malone wasn’t having it.
    Was he having intercourse with a minor instead?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Dunk contest has become stale and boring.  We are missing players like Morant, Lebron, Zion.  Those are 3 guys that can jump out of the building, love dunking during games but have zero desire to compete...

McClung deserves a statue for going all out on that performance.

Oh and Shout out to ant man Anthony Edwards for dissing Load Management.
  • Options

Best part was Tatum and Brown going at each other.
    I rather enjoyed that.
  • Options
    Poncier said:

Best part was Tatum and Brown going at each other.
    I rather enjoyed that.
    Right!  They really tried and went at each other.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,020
    Heard that Simmons is getting shut down for the year and will be let go in the off season.

Wow.
  • Options
    Good luck to the Nets finding a trade partner for the remainder of that albatross of a contract.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,436
    When the Sixers traded him some around here wondered if he would ever play another NBA game. I think we weren't too far off.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Not sure what was more impressive the other week, Damian Lillard's 71 point game or the Kings/ Clippers game that was the second highest game in NBA history?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Not sure what was more impressive the other week, Damian Lillard's 71 point game or the Kings/ Clippers game that was the second highest game in NBA history?
    Lack of defense is staggering.  

Lillards 71 is impressive for points but not on this day and age of scoring. You should expect to see more of both. 

Any team that decides to actually play defense could have a shot at a title as long as they can keep those 3% shots down. 

Please bring back the hand check. 
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,506
    edited March 2023
    Post edited by 23scidoo on
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Lakers look good without LBJ.  When he comes back I expect a long playoff run!
  • Options
    Lakers look good without LBJ.  When he comes back I expect a long playoff run!

:lol: you're funny
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD