Options

Pearl Jam Unplugged for Black Friday RSD

Comments

• Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,936
    AO253126 said:
    JojoRice said:
    silvo said:
    13000 is a lot right??? Should this be easy enough to get hold of?
    Ya, these should be easy to get.  The Easy Street vinyl from earlier this year was 6000 copies and was easy to get. 
    That was not my experience. Granted, I only visited two stores on the day of, but they were both sold out and prices on eBay were (to no ones's surprise) insane. It only became easy to get when it appeared in the 10C shop.

Also, I'm pretty sure Easy Street an 'RSD First' release whereas this one is 'RSD Exclusive', which makes me think that 10C will not be selling these later or if they do, it will be in extremely limited quantities and not like Easy Street, which is still available for purchase.
    Ouch. Sorry to hear that.  Both record stores near me had lots of copies. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    jazzbo26 said:
    13,000 copies! All over it.
    13000 copies means I get to sleep in that day and grab later!
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    FR181798 said:
    Looking forward to this. Maybe RITFW was kept off to put on one of the fanclub singles.
    They probably didn't want to release a 2LP RSD release of MTV Unplugged so they just stuck with 1LP & not include the cover song on it. Maybe they will include a digital download card inside with a direct download to the complete MTV Unplugged broadcast in MP3 & ... my favourite 24Bit 192kHz Flac-HD format. =)
    Cool!  A full digital release just like Easy Street?!?
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    Love that they’re including a download insert as well. 
  • Options
    jdasilvafjdasilvaf Posts: 189
    Oh man, I really hate the entire concept of RSD since I'm one of those people that frequents my local record shops at least once a month anyways. Now I'm going to have to ask someone to hold one for me since I'm not willing to stand in line at 6 am for ANYTHING. 
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Story of the ghost!!!! 😳😳😳
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    jdasilvaf said:
    Oh man, I really hate the entire concept of RSD since I'm one of those people that frequents my local record shops at least once a month anyways. Now I'm going to have to ask someone to hold one for me since I'm not willing to stand in line at 6 am for ANYTHING. 
    13,000 of these.  There won't be standing on line for anything!
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,948
    Or in line 
  • Options
    jhuludjhulud S. FloriDUH! Posts: 314
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    Finally some real news that I can get excited for.  A bit tired of tour rumors and Halloween shirts. 
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,064
    For some reason I just don’t give a shit about the edits on this one. We have a million versions of RITFW and honestly this one wasn’t one of their best. Sure it would be cooler if it was on there but it’s not like some of the others where multiple songs were omitted that sounded awesome. And I really don’t give a shit about the Beth line edit on Oceans. It doesn’t bother me one bit. Excited for this release!  That version of black on vinyl...fuck yes. 
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,767
    edited October 2019
    For some reason I just don’t give a shit about the edits on this one. We have a million versions of RITFW and honestly this one wasn’t one of their best. Sure it would be cooler if it was on there but it’s not like some of the others where multiple songs were omitted that sounded awesome. And I really don’t give a shit about the Beth line edit on Oceans. It doesn’t bother me one bit. Excited for this release!  That version of black on vinyl...fuck yes. 
    (this is a global response, not that you are in an uproar)

Not sure why there is uproar still about any omissions, it has been made clear on each of the Vault releases and the stuff like Orpheum why songs were dropped.   An argument could be made for having made the Orpheum a triple LP and including the digital download files, but it is also quite possible that each of those songs did not exist complete in multi-track.    The pre-2000 shows have basically been confirmed to have gaps due to tape constraints, randomness etc.  
    Post edited by PB11041 on
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    PB11041 said:

Not sure why there is uproar still about any omissions, it has been made clear on each of the Vault releases and the stuff like Orpheum why songs were dropped.   An argument could be made for having made the Orpheum a triple LP and including the digital download files, but it is also quite possible that each of those songs did not exist complete in multi-track.    The pre-2000 shows have basically been confirmed to have gaps due to tape constraints, randomness etc.  
    This has nothing to do with this specific release, though.
  • Options
    On a side note, not cool that the only NOT recognizable person on the front cover is the drummer. 
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,767
    PB11041 said:

You know for certain that Pearl Jam has a complete multi track audio recording of the show?  Don't say a complete video exists, we all know a complete video leaked, that does not mean that the audio recording they want for a release is up to snuff or complete.  Shit happens.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    On a side note, not cool that the only NOT recognizable person on the front cover is the drummer. 
    still better than what they did for the dvd in the box where they omitted him completely. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    Thank goodness this band keeps giving their fans things to cry about.
  • Options
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:

You know for certain that Pearl Jam has a complete multi track audio recording of the show?  Don't say a complete video exists, we all know a complete video leaked, that does not mean that the audio recording they want for a release is up to snuff or complete.  Shit happens.  
    Oh, come on now. I don't know about PJ, but this was MTV Unplugged. Do you have any idea how big of a thing it was back in the day? This wasn't even recorded by Brett Eliason or whoever was in charge at the time, MTV itself recorded the performance. I'm going to go wild (lol) and assume that a complete amazing recording of that performance exists, without a doubt, in the MTV vaults at least. You seriously think they omitted RITFW for "technical difficulties"?
    (Not to mention the complete SBD, including the soundcheck, we already have. Not a multitrack, yeah, but that source straight from the master and ideally mastered would sound great on vinyl, I'm sure.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Is there anyone behind that drumkit? Silly Dave, hiding behind his drums. See, it's your fault, not Eddie's.
  • Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,592
    😟
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Options
    Thank goodness this band keeps giving their fans things to cry about.
    who's crying? just find it odd. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    recently we celebrated my parents' 50th anniversary. there was a slide show that ran during the party. there was a picture of all of us at christmas, and my evil ex girlfriend was in the picture. should I have edited it out because of my ill-feelings towards the twat?

no, because that's childish and strange to me. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    recently we celebrated my parents' 50th anniversary. there was a slide show that ran during the party. there was a picture of all of us at christmas, and my evil ex girlfriend was in the picture. should I have edited it out because of my ill-feelings towards the twat?

You should have just drawn a drum set  in front of her in the pics, no one would have noticed her
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,592
    Dave’s drumming and Eddie’s vocals are what really shine during this performance. Dave A’s performance will speak for itself in the music, whether he is acknowledged or not in the picture. 
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Options

Exactly. You would expect a higher level of maturity from some 50+ yo people, right?
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,064
    PB11041 said:

Im sure they have good reasons for omissions of songs.  All I was saying is on a release like Soldier Field I would've loved Blood to be on there being that it is arguably the best version they've ever played.  Same for Easy Street.  Would've been so cool if it was the performance in its entirety.  I still bought and absolutely love both releases though.  This one (MTV unplugged) I dont care at all about it not having RITFW and really dont give a shit that there isn't a clear photo of the drummer.  Wouldn't have ever even noticed that if it wasn't brought up in this thread.
  • Options

You should have just drawn a drum set  in front of her in the pics, no one would have noticed her
    LMAO
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited October 2019
    I think the photo on this one is fine. drummers are almost always at least semi-obscured by their kit in pictures, and this is no different. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888

See I’d be pissed if my ex wife was in the photo. Crop her out!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

See I’d be pissed if my ex wife was in the photo. Crop her out!
    LOL. I'm the one who put the slide show together. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com