Options

psst...9/19/19

Comments

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    In light of the world we live in... this is in incredibly poor taste. Pass.
    thought the exact same thing.. but PJ puts it out so most will be OK with it.. 
    Huh? Halloween is all about scary and horror. Are people expecting a Halloween shirt with Mickey and Minnie Mouse sitting in a field of clover having a picnic?
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    edited September 2019
    jeffbr said:
    I like it! Is this a politically themed Halloween shirt? Looks like Mar-a-Lago is the building in the background, surrounded by palm trees. That elevates the shirt to an A+ for me.
    Agreed. I would never buy this or any other t-shirt in the world, because I don't wear them, but I like this one, and love that it's political.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    edited September 2019
    Is that really Donald Trump on the shirt? It seems to be a man in a suit and tie with hair eerily similar to his...and the palm trees and big building in the back cannot be missed.

Update: it definitely is lol. I've gotta say, I hate Trump as much as the next guy, but is the hatchet with blood on it entirely necessary? Kinda messed up, no? I could just be a big wimp
    Post edited by mschostok on
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • Options
    Swing state tour confirmed for 2020 then? I can be an optimist if I try hard enough. :)
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,441
    Now THAT'S a Halloween shirt!
  • Options
    EU shop? Will be buying, but want to know if they will be available in the E.U. shop first
    4784495 - Thomas 9
  • Options
    It's always fun predicting that there will be overreactions to something and not being wrong.

Don't ever let me down 10C members. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,911
    edited September 2019
    wall232 said:
    Don't see anything wrong with this shirt, if it was littered with guns then i could see your point. 
    agreed, don't see anything wrong with this one.  I'm on the fence about buying this one. good be cool to wear as I am walking around the neighborhood with my kids.  
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,452
    mschostok said:
    Is that really Donald Trump on the shirt? It seems to be a man in a suit and tie with hair eerily similar to his...and the palm trees and big building in the back cannot be missed.
    It’s Trump and as we covered a few days ago... it’s Mar-a-Lago. 

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,077
    It’s perfect. Fuck trump
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,081
    It's always fun predicting that there will be overreactions to something and not being wrong.

Don't ever let me down 10C members. 
    There's still time today to confirm a Spectrum box set. We'll just over analyze Mike's TV interview while we wait!

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,180
    I like the art, not the politics.....I cant stand Trump, living in NY my whole life I gotta an extra helping of all his nonsense.....I support the bands views 90% of the time....this is why the left is always holding a bag of shit on election nights.....doesn't help the situation. If I wore this in front of my repub friends, 75% people also in my industry republican....not a good look for me

Subtlety  always better

Art is badass....but cmon, send a message via your songs
  • Options
    i guess...confirmed...we going for election tour....they  gonna go hard on trump

I hope EV yells at trump at every show in 2020 and I do not care if it alienates a few fans.
  • Options
    mschostok said:

Update: it definitely is lol. I've gotta say, I hate Trump as much as the next guy, but is the hatchet with blood on it entirely necessary? Kinda messed up, no? I could just be a big wimp
    I think it's fantastic, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    jeffbr said:
    I like it! Is this a politically themed Halloween shirt? Looks like Mar-a-Lago is the building in the background, surrounded by palm trees. That elevates the shirt to an A+ for me.
    Holy shit! The guy running away has an extra-long Trump-like tie, too.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    It’s perfect. Fuck trump

• Options
    edited September 2019
    JimmyV said:
    jeffbr said:
    It's totally Trump and his wife, and this is the boldest artistic political statement PJ has made in years, and I'm glad they have the balls to do it, haha.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    PJ_Soul said:
    JimmyV said:
    jeffbr said:
    It's totally Trump and his wife, and this is the boldest artistic political statement PJ has made in years, and I'm glad they have the balls to do it, haha.
    Don’t forget the Missoula poster from last (?) year. Now that was on the news everywhere 
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    edited September 2019
    i guess...confirmed...we going for election tour....they  gonna go hard on trump

I hope EV yells at trump at every show in 2020 and I do not care if it alienates a few fans.
    I for one have almost always been a part of the "fuck the talkin, let's start rockin" club when EV gets on his rants during a show.  BUT...  I am right there with you on this!
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    JPPJ84 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    JimmyV said:
    jeffbr said:
    Don’t forget the Missoula poster from last (?) year. Now that was on the news everywhere 
    Oh yeah, right. That was good too. I'm glad they didn't let the people who were upset about that stop them from repeating the sentiment, lol.
    The shirt is all metaphorical of course - the killer, I would assume,is the voting citizens against Trump's reelection (the band members among them), and the bloody hatchet is their votes. Because Halloween. I think it's silly to get offended by it.

• Options
    Trump would never wait for Melania. He'd be the type to scurry away by himself. 

• Options
    This is incredibly poor taste...  I mean, of all days to release a shirt with Trump in blackface...
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    jeffbr said:
    thought the exact same thing.. but PJ puts it out so most will be OK with it.. 
    Huh? Halloween is all about scary and horror. Are people expecting a Halloween shirt with Mickey and Minnie Mouse sitting in a field of clover having a picnic?
    Curious about what is poor taste on it as well. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Funny, I thought In light of the world we live in that it’s politically poignant 
  • Options
    I for one have almost always been a part of the "fuck the talkin, let's start rockin" club when EV gets on his rants during a show.  BUT...  I am right there with you on this!
    Indeed !! Not talking about that clown at every show is a big mistake imo. The fear of him being re-elected is very real.
  • Options
    It's fantastic. At first glance I thought this was hot garbage. Now I think it is a subversive masterpiece.

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,081
    CROJAM95 said:
    I like the art, not the politics.....I cant stand Trump, living in NY my whole life I gotta an extra helping of all his nonsense.....I support the bands views 90% of the time....this is why the left is always holding a bag of shit on election nights.....doesn't help the situation. If I wore this in front of my repub friends, 75% people also in my industry republican....not a good look for me

Subtlety  always better

Art is badass....but cmon, send a message via your songs
    I agree with a lot of your points, but think this shirt is pretty subtle. We're analyzing zoomed images. How many people would pick up on all of that just glancing at someone wearing it?
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,413
    Thanks but no thanks.  Hard pass and the bank account thanks you...lol
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,636
    JimmyV said:
    Trump would never wait for Melania. He'd be the type to scurry away by himself. 
    Looks more like Ivanka 
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    No way it's Trump. That guy could not run if his life depended on it....
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.