Options

Poll--The Weakest Link: Metallica's 'Ride The Lightning' Round 3

MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
On to ROUND 3 and the final 3 to determine the GREATEST song on Metallica's album Ride The Lightning.

For anyone new to the game:
You are going to pick the song that you think is the "Weakest Link" after 3 days I remove the song with the most votes.
We will then move on to the Championship round. - Remember you are voting to eliminate songs from contention.

Lets have fun with this. Remember debating and discussing why your right and others are wrong is always fun.  

Poll--The Weakest Link: Metallica's 'Ride The Lightning' Round 3 47 votes

Ride The Lightning
68%
jeffbrHorse2345PoncierLedbetterman10pjl44Spiritual_ChaosRoeghmannpjsteelerfantbergspearljammr78jjflashHesCalledDyermrk2dankinded243421iammine16BLACK35angry_skulleeriepadaveHobbes 32 votes
For Whom The Bell Tolls
6%
HorosDewieCoxLoujoe 3 votes
Creeping Death
25%
mcgruff10disilluziongoldrushNo CodermadtowndaveOf The AggieRP112579F Me In The BrainhauntingfamiliarbbiggsBlack,red,yellowConorKavanagh 12 votes

Comments

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,872
    edited September 2019
    Ride The Lightning
    tough choices but hoping Creeping Death wins
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,629
    Ride The Lightning
    I missed round 2 but surprised Ride made it this far. 

Creeping Death is probably right at the top for me.  The old Testament lyrics are amazing. And while I haven't seem them play in almost 30 years,  I'll always live the crowd chanting DIE over and over in unison.  I hope that still happens live. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,619
    Creeping Death
    Tough choices, agree.
    To me the countdown was be creep, ride, then bell.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Ride The Lightning
    mrussel1 said:

Creeping Death is probably right at the top for me.  The old Testament lyrics are amazing. And while I haven't seem them play in almost 30 years,  I'll always live the crowd chanting DIE over and over in unison.  I hope that still happens live. 

Yeah it does. Don't think the chanting will ever DIE. 
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Creeping Death
    How Fade to Black did not win in a landslide, I’ll never understand. 
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    For Whom The Bell Tolls
    bbiggs said:
    How Creeping Death did not win in a landslide, I’ll never understand. 
    Agreed
    #FHP
  • Options
    Ride The Lightning
    How anyone can vote this round for any song but Ride the Lightning, I’ll never understand. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    Ride The Lightning
    mrussel1 said:

I think it’s Woodstock 99, when Metallica plays Creeping Death and the whole crowd there is chanting die die die and pumping their fists. Gets me every time. If only I was smart enough to post videos. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,633
    Ride The Lightning
    I was about 20th row mudpit in 94

creeping death fuckin rocked
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    Ride The Lightning
    Creeping Death will be the winner.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,240
    Ride The Lightning
    Nope.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Ride The Lightning
    tbergs said:
    Nope.
    Hear the silence so loud...
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,240
    Ride The Lightning
    tbergs said:
    Nope.
    Yep.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Ride The Lightning
    bbiggs said:
    Because the bridge is the only interesting part of that song. And you have to wait four minutes for it.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Ride The Lightning
    dankind said:
    bbiggs said:
    Because the bridge is the only interesting part of that song. And you have to wait four minutes for it.
    I agree with this, although I think it's better than Ride the Lightning which doesn't even move to an interesting bridge.  It's the same chug the whole song, like a Maiden tune or something.  
  • Options
    Ride The Lightning
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    bbiggs said:
    I agree with this, although I think it's better than Ride the Lightning which doesn't even move to an interesting bridge.  It's the same chug the whole song, like a Maiden tune or something.  
    You shut your mouth about Maiden!
  • Options
    Ride The Lightning
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    bbiggs said:

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Ride The Lightning
    mrussel1 said:
    Hey I like Maiden, especially their history lyrics.  One time, back in teh 90's, I was working on Ft Myers Beach and AC/DC used to vacation there for whatever reason.  I met Brian Johnson and talked to him for a bit and I remember that he called Maiden "kennel rock" because of their basic riffs that maintain throughout.  That always stuck with me.  
    I also hung out with Vanilla Ice quite a bit.  He and his girlfriend ran a jet-ski rental down on Lover's Key.  It may surprise you to know that he was kind of a doucher.  
  • Options
    Ride The Lightning
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hey I like Maiden, especially their history lyrics.  One time, back in teh 90's, I was working on Ft Myers Beach and AC/DC used to vacation there for whatever reason.  I met Brian Johnson and talked to him for a bit and I remember that he called Maiden "kennel rock" because of their basic riffs that maintain throughout.  That always stuck with me.  
    I also hung out with Vanilla Ice quite a bit.  He and his girlfriend ran a jet-ski rental down on Lover's Key.  It may surprise you to know that he was kind of a doucher.  
    If Ice ever gives you lip again tell him you were sparring partners with Suge.

Has Maiden not dazzled them with their dual solos in their songs?  Damn haters...
  • Options
    Ride The Lightning
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Has Maiden not dazzled them with their dual solos in their songs?  Damn haters...
    I think it was the rhythm stuff, not the solos.  
  • Options
    Ride The Lightning
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Harris's bass is definitely a steady gallop -- that is, of course, until the inevitable time signature change -- but my old friend Brian was sorely mistaken in his Iron Maiden take. We'll have to take this up next time I see him.

(The reason you saw AC/DC down in Ft. Myers is because Brian lives a few towns north. He and I became good friends when I ran a bookstore down there. I've got some great Brian Johnson and AC/DC memories/stories. He's one of the friendliest people I've ever met but a sloppy drunk.)

Anyway, Iron Maiden makes some of the most intricate popular music out there. Take a walk around any postsecondary music school -- see all those Maiden shirts, stickers, patches, etc. There's a reason why music scholars worship at the altar of Iron Maiden, and it ain't because of monotonous chugging along.  
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Ride The Lightning
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Harris's bass is definitely a steady gallop -- that is, of course, until the inevitable time signature change -- but my old friend Brian was sorely mistaken in his Iron Maiden take. We'll have to take this up next time I see him.

(The reason you saw AC/DC down in Ft. Myers is because Brian lives a few towns north. He and I became good friends when I ran a bookstore down there. I've got some great Brian Johnson and AC/DC memories/stories. He's one of the friendliest people I've ever met but a sloppy drunk.)

Anyway, Iron Maiden makes some of the most intricate popular music out there. Take a walk around any postsecondary music school -- see all those Maiden shirts, stickers, patches, etc. There's a reason why music scholars worship at the altar of Iron Maiden, and it ain't because of monotonous chugging along.  
    No kidding.. you worked on Ft Myers Beach?  I was there for two years, age 20 to 21 I think.  Somewhere around there.  Lee county was a horrible place to live at that age.  Newly wed and the nearly dead...
  • Options
    Ride The Lightning
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

No kidding.. you worked on Ft Myers Beach?  I was there for two years, age 20 to 21 I think.  Somewhere around there.  Lee county was a horrible place to live at that age.  Newly wed and the nearly dead...
    A few towns north.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Ride The Lightning
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

A few towns north.
    Ugh, Matlacha, Port Charlotte, Cape Coral..  it only gets worse as you go north until you hit Tampa.  
  • Options
    Ride The Lightning
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

A few towns north.
    Ugh, Matlacha, Port Charlotte, Cape Coral..  it only gets worse as you go north until you hit Tampa.  

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Ride The Lightning
    Well that is a few towns north, isn't it. 
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Creeping Death
    tbergs said:
    Nope.
    Yeah, FWTBT is deserving for sure. I’d still give the nod to Fade to Black, but FWTBT easily beats Creeping Death.  I just listened to the whole album to see if I was missing something. Nope! 
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,872
    Ride The Lightning
    mrussel1 said:

I think it’s Woodstock 99, when Metallica plays Creeping Death and the whole crowd there is chanting die die die and pumping their fists. Gets me every time. If only I was smart enough to post videos. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBJuFSI3_9s

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    For Whom The Bell Tolls
    Creeping Death is the best song in all of Metallica's catalog. I only voted for For Whom the Bell Tolls because it seems likely to be the winner.

Brian Johnson statement about Maiden seems pretty ironic to me.
    #FHP
  • Options
    Ride The Lightning
    mrussel1 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBJuFSI3_9s

Nice thanks. 

If this was a Metallica board,  would we have pages of people declaring Mustaine was better than Hemmett?
This discussion has been closed.