• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,683
    Renfield said:
    brianlux said:
    Renfield said:
    @brianlux  Ed V (not of PJ) would still be proud of your climb. Hope you are feeling better.
    Thanks, Renfield.  I don't know of any other Ed V's, but please tell Ed, "Thanks!"

I'm doing better-  my brain only glitched a few times today:

-Lost my glasses for 20 minutes.
    -Left the stove on the frying pan to dry it the whole time I was in the shower.  (C. told me I can't dry cast iron that way anymore.)
    -Instead of water, accidentally poured electrolyte beverage in the tea pot which ruined C's tea.
    -Put some yogurt I bought today on the fajitas  I made for dinner and discovered that instead of plain yogurt it was blueberry yogurt.

I think I'll do something safe tomorrow to practice my cognitive skill.  Like sweep the floor, maybe?

Damn, you are indeed off... it’s an Ed you introduced to me...Ed Viesturs /No Shortcuts to the Top.
    Based on the mishaps of yesterday, I wouldn’t even attempt sweeping the floor until you’re back in tip-top shape.
    Ah, yes!  Of course!  :smiley: 
    brianlux said:
    Renfield said:
    brianlux said:
    ...the last one is at the top of the trail at Round Top Lake:

@brianlux  Ed V (not of PJ) would still be proud of your climb. Hope you are feeling better.
    Thanks, Renfield.  I don't know of any other Ed V's, but please tell Ed, "Thanks!"

I'm doing better-  my brain only glitched a few times today:

-Lost my glasses for 20 minutes.
    -Left the stove on the frying pan to dry it the whole time I was in the shower.  (C. told me I can't dry cast iron that way anymore.)
    -Instead of water, accidentally poured electrolyte beverage in the tea pot which ruined C's tea.
    -Put some yogurt I bought today on the fajitas  I made for dinner and discovered that instead of plain yogurt it was blueberry yogurt.

I think I'll do something safe tomorrow to practice my cognitive skill.  Like sweep the floor, maybe?

Just don’t mistake the cat for a broom. Maybe have C hand you the broom?
    Is that why the cat was screaming this morning?!
    dankind said:
    New profile pic for Brian, yes/no?

:lol:  Tempting
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    rollings said:
    rollings said:
    I was leaving my cubicle with keys in hand and *boop boop* locked  my cube
    Dare you to put up an ADT sticker on your cubicle. :smiley:
    And a Ring doorbell
    @rollings I double gog dare you to not only do that but to put "guarded by attack dog" sticker on.
    Haha. . .you guys will appreciate this one...
    when I first started this job i told Chad how everyone had their cubes decorated with big plants and stuff.

He told me to to top them by bringing in a tent and a house cat
    Yes, a house cat!  As Halifax2TheMax pointed out, they make good brooms... and even better desk dusters!  MEOW!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,580
    brianlux said:
    rollings said:
    rollings said:
    I was leaving my cubicle with keys in hand and *boop boop* locked  my cube
    Dare you to put up an ADT sticker on your cubicle. :smiley:
    And a Ring doorbell
    @rollings I double gog dare you to not only do that but to put "guarded by attack dog" sticker on.
    Haha. . .you guys will appreciate this one...
    when I first started this job i told Chad how everyone had their cubes decorated with big plants and stuff.

He told me to to top them by bringing in a tent and a house cat
    Yes, a house cat!  As Halifax2TheMax pointed out, they make good brooms... and even better desk dusters!  MEOW!
    Don’t forget the falconry gloves Brian.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Some days, there is no "because".
  • Options
    dankind said:

Do you ever feel like your mind is eroding...?   hehehe!

• Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    hedonist said:
    Some days, there is no "because".
    https://youtu.be/hL0tnrl2L_U
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    rollings said:
    The tent & house cat would be way more feasible than pop-up gargoyles. :smiley:
    They have those things?
    Not yet. I have to invent the shit out of them and hope that someone on Shark Tank will buy me out, since I'm an ignoramus.
  • Options
    rollings said:
    They have those things?
    Not yet. I have to invent the shit out of them and hope that someone on Shark Tank will buy me out, since I'm an ignoramus.
    I Am An Ignoramus Because.....
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    Hobbes said:
    rollings said:
    They have those things?
    I Am An Ignoramus Because.....

You are an ignoramus, because you let me and dankind take over the Slapstick thread, never do that again Hobbes.
  • Options

I hate the word idiot, but I love this thread.  I am someone who is willing to share my faux pas.  I do it so often that I can’t help but laugh at myself.

Last month, while scanning CNN news I saw that Tiger Woods did not make the cut for The Open and something about him being frustrated and just wanting to go home.  I didn’t read the story, the headline told me enough.

The next day, I saw a story headline that said Tiger takes nap on neighborhood couch. Something to that affect.  I thought, wow, he really just wants to go home, has no concern for the tournament at all.  Flabbergasted, I did open this link. 

Turned out to be two different tigers, the second being a tiger in India that entered a home to escape bad weather.

Yeah, I’m an idiot, but I can laugh at myself. 

• Options
    I saw that real Tiger story. Crazy. Glad I don’t have to worry about Tigers in my bed. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124

I hate the word idiot, but I love this thread.  I am someone who is willing to share my faux pas.  I do it so often that I can’t help but laugh at myself.

Last month, while scanning CNN news I saw that Tiger Woods did not make the cut for The Open and something about him being frustrated and just wanting to go home.  I didn’t read the story, the headline told me enough.

The next day, I saw a story headline that said Tiger takes nap on neighborhood couch. Something to that affect.  I thought, wow, he really just wants to go home, has no concern for the tournament at all.  Flabbergasted, I did open this link. 

Turned out to be two different tigers, the second being a tiger in India that entered a home to escape bad weather.

Yeah, I’m an idiot, but I can laugh at myself. 

That is funny!
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    edited September 2019
    I yelled at a plant.

I'm ashamed 

Edit: in my defense, it was being a dick
  • Options
    rollings said:
    I yelled at a plant.

I'm ashamed 

:rofl:

(Sorry, plant, no offense! heeheehee!)

• Options
    ed243421 said:

I would be so OK if just once Harry Dean Stanton had come up to me and said, "You're an idiot,"  and then give that hint of a smile followed by, "but you're alllll-right!"

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Seeing Harry Dean Stanton typed out reminds me of a time I was an idiot....
    Because I was a freshman in college and fraternity rush parties were being held.
    I went to a big party at a house I knew there was no chance in hell of me ever being in, or wanting to be a part of.  Went with a few friends, to meet girls and drink free beer.
    They handed out blank name tags as guys walked in.
    I took a marker and wrote
    Harold Richard Testes

We stayed for about an hour and after the third or fourth time a house member tried "rushing me* by asking me if I prefer to be called Harold....and I corrected them that I was actually Harry, we had to leave.
    It seemed only a matter of time before someone put it together and asked why I was rushing their house with Hairy Dick Balls on my name tag.

Flash forward 20+ years and it was last year, attending my wife's high school reunion.  It was in the think of the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings.
    I got another name tag, and wrote Squee on it.
    Got more than a few comments from trumpeters, but everyone thought it was pretty funny.
    My wife didn't love it  - told her at least it wasn't Donkey Kong Doug that I wrote on it.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    edited September 2019
    I continue to waste many hours each day arguing with racists, homophobes, transphobes, Islamophobes on Facebook despite getting nowhere and being insulted for standing up for said groups (eg. Called stupid, having people make fun of my appearance etc)
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    rollings said:
    I yelled at a plant.

I'm ashamed 

Roses can be real pricks. Cacti, too.
  • Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    ...because I'm still worried about someone who I should not care about anymore.

I just cannot bear to part with a friendship without solving the underlying problem.
    Am I just too naive to keep people in my heart, even if that person did hurt me?
    I just think that I cannot deny that I have ever liked someone just because the common paths separate. It's not about not accepting the separation. Sometimes there is no other way to go. It's just that once I make a friendship and someone has become important to me, that does not change by a split.
    I realize that a lot of people are feeling different about that. They separat and that's it. 

Is the desire to reconcile things with someone and find peace after overcoming the hurt feelings really so stupid?
  • Options
    No it's not stupid. You're a human with a good heart. My estranged sister has hurt me and been toxic yet part of me wants to reconcile with her and part of me does not
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Apparently, I don’t take the weekend off this forum like most other people. I need a life. Lol
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I continue to waste many hours each day arguing with racists, homophobes, transphobes, Islamophobes on Facebook despite getting nowhere and being insulted for standing up for said groups (eg. Called stupid, having people make fun of my appearance etc)
    Why?  Most people on facebook that are acting like jackasses are using fake accounts anymore.  How do we not know that those comments are coming from some racist group that has a program that just posts random comments?  So I guess what I am saying is you might be arguing with computer...

At least here you are arguing with people...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Seeing Harry Dean Stanton typed out reminds me of a time I was an idiot....
    Because I was a freshman in college and fraternity rush parties were being held.
    I went to a big party at a house I knew there was no chance in hell of me ever being in, or wanting to be a part of.  Went with a few friends, to meet girls and drink free beer.
    They handed out blank name tags as guys walked in.
    I took a marker and wrote
    Harold Richard Testes

We stayed for about an hour and after the third or fourth time a house member tried "rushing me* by asking me if I prefer to be called Harold....and I corrected them that I was actually Harry, we had to leave.
    It seemed only a matter of time before someone put it together and asked why I was rushing their house with Hairy Dick Balls on my name tag.

Flash forward 20+ years and it was last year, attending my wife's high school reunion.  It was in the think of the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings.
    I got another name tag, and wrote Squee on it.
    Got more than a few comments from trumpeters, but everyone thought it was pretty funny.
    My wife didn't love it  - told her at least it wasn't Donkey Kong Doug that I wrote on it.
    :lol: 

• Options
    Why?  Most people on facebook that are acting like jackasses are using fake accounts anymore.  How do we not know that those comments are coming from some racist group that has a program that just posts random comments?  So I guess what I am saying is you might be arguing with computer...

Why? Because I'm an idiot. I need a detox. Too much negativity on social media.
  • Options

For sure.  I think that's a good ides.  I'm scaling back my  social media time as well.  I had a rough week so have been on a bit more since my E.R. visit but once I get moving again, I'll scale back more.  Maybe just a few minutes here and there. 

• Options
    brianlux said:

For sure.  I think that's a good ides.  I'm scaling back my  social media time as well.  I had a rough week so have been on a bit more since my E.R. visit but once I get moving again, I'll scale back more.  Maybe just a few minutes here and there. 

E.R visit? I hope you're okay?