Options

Who's your favorite baseball player currently? Who's your favorite baseball player of all-time?

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    Mattingly first. Jeter favorite ever. CC at the moment 
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    Shawon Dunston is my favorite of all time, don't really have a current favorite, so i suppose I'll leave now.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
    Malroth said:
    Shawon Dunston is my favorite of all time, don't really have a current favorite, so i suppose I'll leave now.
    Yes get outta here, only those who can answer both questions!! 
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    Baseball has always been, and still is, the best 
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,756
    Maddux - Ever
    Grace - favorite Cub after Maddux
    Bryant - current
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628
    Mike Hargrove... the human rain delay.  I mimicked his approach when I was very early baseball.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422
    mrussel1 said:
    Mike Hargrove... the human rain delay.  I mimicked his approach when I was very early baseball.
    https://youtu.be/8tGm_JajqLo
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Wobbie said:
    I still love the game of baseball at its core, but I admit I'm a little old & grumpy when it comes to the exit velo, launch angle, home run or sit the fuck down that the game is quickly becoming.  It's always going to be my favorite sport, no matter what, and I'm sure we'll eventually cycle back to hitting, slugging (and by that I mean hitting doubles & triples, not just homers), advancing runners, etc.  History repeats and I can't help but think what we're going through now is likely how many people felt 100 years ago.  But the bottom line is, baseball is and always will be the best.
    Growing up, Ryne Sandberg was my favorite player.  He and Harry Caray are the two main reasons I'm a Cubs fan.  Grace, Dawson, & Sosa are up there as far as Cubs fandom goes.  Kirby Puckett was my favorite non-Cub, and I was also a big fan of the hometown boy John Kruk.
    Favorite current player is Anthony Rizzo.  Non-Cub would be Buster Posey.
    Harry Caray was the worst.

worst. ever.
    Hey now...them are fightin’ words! ;) 
  • Options
    cutz said:
    mrussel1 said:
    https://youtu.be/8tGm_JajqLo
    Again a readjustment of the...
  • Options
    I was always a little disappointed that he was a completely normal manager. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Here’s the pride and joy of the Royal Blue at his infamous moment

Post edited by Glorified KC on
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,686
    Ahhh, the good old days of baseball...

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Wobbie said:
    I still love the game of baseball at its core, but I admit I'm a little old & grumpy when it comes to the exit velo, launch angle, home run or sit the fuck down that the game is quickly becoming.  It's always going to be my favorite sport, no matter what, and I'm sure we'll eventually cycle back to hitting, slugging (and by that I mean hitting doubles & triples, not just homers), advancing runners, etc.  History repeats and I can't help but think what we're going through now is likely how many people felt 100 years ago.  But the bottom line is, baseball is and always will be the best.
    Growing up, Ryne Sandberg was my favorite player.  He and Harry Caray are the two main reasons I'm a Cubs fan.  Grace, Dawson, & Sosa are up there as far as Cubs fandom goes.  Kirby Puckett was my favorite non-Cub, and I was also a big fan of the hometown boy John Kruk.

worst. ever.
    *Hawk Harrelson enters the chat*
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532
    Steve Stone was phenomenal and I'm sure still is.
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,104
    edited August 2019
    I think baseball will eventually cycle back to what you describe, but imo it's got to start with the pitching. A guy throwing 98+ mph is great and all, but when it's too prevalent, hitters are going to adjust to it and they have. More guys are going to actually have to learn to pitch (paint the corners, change speeds, better breaking balls) to cause that change.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,756
    Steve Stone taught me more about baseball than playing the game itself did. He was (and most surely still is) phenomenal. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

worst. ever.
    *Hawk Harrelson enters the chat*
    Haha. Yes sir. 
  • Options
    Definitely a student of the game. Loved the broadcasts with Stone and Harry. 
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,726
    Growing up: Lenny Dykstra

All-time: Chase Utley

Current: Aaron Nola

Some non-Phillies favorites include Canseco, Mattingly, Griffey, Henderson, Randy Johnson, and Smoltz
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Spaceman is pretty special.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,631

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Have always loved Baseball.  I don't go to as many games as I used too but still go to about 15-20 games a year for the blue jays.  actually going to spring training next year.  growing up my favorite player was Cal Ripkin but then it moved on to Roberto Alomar who is still my favorite player.  the player i love watching now is Mike Trout (hard to watch alot of games cause it is late where i live but try to watch as many as possible.)
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Growing Up:  Lee Mazzilli
    Current: Pete Alonso 
    All Time: Sandy Koufax

GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

Koufax!

I'm friends with his cousin.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,631

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options

• Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    dankind said:

Koufax!

I'm friends with his cousin.
     :o 
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Rickey Henderson all time

Matt Chapman now
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Paul Delong right this second. Just like his attitude and seems like a guy that has his head on straight. 

Wainwright for dude I’m gonna miss when he retires soon

Pujols all time but Big Hurt is a strong second.

Jack Buck is the GOAT and Mike Shannon might have the most baseball voice of all time.

Rizzo or Votto for player I love to hate and hate to like.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Oh man, I didn't think about asking who's your least favorite, or hate the most.
    • Growing Up: Albert Belle, that guy was such a punk
    • Least Favorite Ever: A.J. Pierzynski as a Twin and a White Sox (although I think he does a nice job in the broadcast booth)
    • Most Recent Least Favorite: Jose Bautista, it's crazy to think he was actually a Royal for a cup of coffee before he took off with the Blue Jays, i will forever cherish him getting decked by Rougned Odor
    Post edited by Glorified KC on