Pearl Jam fan elitism

Personally, I could care less if you wear a hand drawn stickman shirt, say,”I was with my Jamily for an Uncle Neil show”,have 37 Stickman tattoos on your face that you just got yesterday or an epic Boom tattoo on your ass cheek. 
There are all levels of fandom, and as long as someone is still representing Pearl Jam in 2019 and loves the music and the community, I say, “you my Pearl Jam friend, are awesome!” 
To think your a bigger and “better” fan because you know how long RVM was played in Salt Lake City 1995 is sad and creates a Trump like division in what is supposed to be a celebration of the band and the music. 
If the fact I have 5 Pearl Jam tattoos (and yes, one is a stickman) makes me any less cool of a Pearl Jam fan, so be it. 

Sorry, just had to rant because I’m tired of reading about what is ok and not ok to like in Pearl Jam country. 
Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    are we talking salt lake city night 1 or 2?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • You sound like someone who doesn't even own a Benny vinyl.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,789
    See Pearl Jam

this is what happens with no new material for 6 fuckin years

people losing what lil mind they had in the 1st place

please help!!!
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    edited August 2019
    If you can't spell Dave A's last name backwards with your eyes closed then don't waste my time, poser.
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,563
    mcgruff10 said:
    Ha!! 
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,513
    How many shows ya done? 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Pearl Jam Fan Supremacy... We need to protest!!!  I’ll start the sign up list, and sharpie #1 on my hand.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
    How many shows ya done? 
    38 shows before kids (96-08), 20 since my first born (2009).  
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Ive seen them twice and feel like as big a fan as member #1...without buying everything from the store,,,
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 796
    edited August 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    I was at those SLC shows with Boom.  He had borrowed a sharpie from me back in the hotel room to make his sign, “Pick Me for Keys!”
    Post edited by mdgsolo on
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,540
    You sound like someone who doesn't even own a Benny vinyl.
    peasants
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,956
    Personally, I could care less if you wear a hand drawn stickman shirt, say,”I was with my Jamily for an Uncle Neil show”,have 37 Stickman tattoos on your face that you just got yesterday or an epic Boom tattoo on your ass cheek. 
    There are all levels of fandom, and as long as someone is still representing Pearl Jam in 2019 and loves the music and the community, I say, “you my Pearl Jam friend, are awesome!” 
    To think your a bigger and “better” fan because you know how long RVM was played in Salt Lake City 1995 is sad and creates a Trump like division in what is supposed to be a celebration of the band and the music. 
    If the fact I have 5 Pearl Jam tattoos (and yes, one is a stickman) makes me any less cool of a Pearl Jam fan, so be it. 

Sorry, just had to rant because I’m tired of reading about what is ok and not ok to like in Pearl Jam country. 
    Aren’t you being a sort of elitist when you establish your own criteria of what makes a real fan to you? 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• If you want to hear new music, still listen to the old stuff and go see them live when you are able to, then you’re a pretty cool fan to me.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,672
    Does using the term "jamily" make you more or less of a fan?
    Or using the phrase "the boys" when referring to the band?
  • NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630

I'm with you..as long as your 10 club # is under 110xxx.   ;)
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
    Does using the term "jamily" make you more or less of a fan?
    Or using the phrase "the boys" when referring to the band?
    I hate the word jamily.  Very very lame. 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,196
    I feel like I missed something interesting 
  • mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,243
    Don’t @ me unless you have a black box.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895

...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • P34RL J4MM3RP34RL J4MM3R Posts: 1,320
    I Promise my "Order History" is bigger than yours.  Thus I'm a much bigger fan than you.  Thus I'm an 'Elite' fan and you are just a 'Regular' fan.  We're both fanatics, but don't think you are Elite, just be happy with Regular.
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,302
    I think this is carryover from the (beautiful) Becky Lynch thread and some of Spiritual Chaos' unwarranted criticisms. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    I think this is carryover from the (beautiful) Becky Lynch thread and some of Spiritual Chaos' unwarranted criticisms. 
    Oh I didn't see that one.  Oh boy lol
  • Spiritual Chaos' unwarranted criticisms. 
    Or tongue-in-cheek sarcastic response to a snarky comment dressed as a question.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,196
    Even before the usual angst squad shows up, that is the horniest thread I've read on this site
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,902
    Quit using your child to snag a tambo you elitist pig.

That is all.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • alphawolfalphawolf DelMarVa/Big Sky Posts: 646
    lol
    1996 - Columbia Maryland, Hartford

1998 - DC RFK Stadium, Virginia Beach, Columbia Maryland, DC Constitution Hall
    2000 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, Columbia Maryland

2002 - Seattle Key Arena I+II

2003 - Raleigh, Charlotte, State College, Bristow, Camden II

2004 - Asheville

2006 - Boston II, Camden I+II, DC

2008 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, DC

2009 - Philadelphia I, II, III, IV

2010 - Bristow

2013 - Philadelphia II, Baltimore, Charlottesville, Charlotte

2022 - Camden

• SeaSea Posts: 3,011
    Please see the Posting Guidelines. Be nice and respectful. Starting a new thread to continue a personal argument from another thread is not ok. If you cannot get along with someone please use the ignore feature.

Thank you

This discussion has been closed.