Montana/Wyoming
    Hawaii
    Islamorada in the Florida Keys

Global:
    Innsbruck, Austria
    New Zealand
    Iceland
    +1 for Innsbruck!
    Only metropolis (if it even counts as one lol) that I would consider living in!
    Maybe Bolzano too.
    Bolzano was amazing too!  THe food there was amazing.  I would live in either area in a New York minute. 
    Awwww shit the food.  I had a platter of Speck and hay cheese and mwife had vegetable "dumplings" that constituted the best daytime meal of our lives.
    So my in laws are 100% Italian. My wife and their family make some AMAZING Italian dishes.  However the best Italian meal I ever had was in Bolzano, Italy. And the wine!!!! Holy shit, fantastic. 
    What kind of dish was it?  
    Gnocchi with some sort of red sauce and crab meat on top of it.  Plus we got local wine that cost us something like $5 American. Appetizers were sick too.  Lots of seafood from what I remember.  
    We got bad Italian in both Milan and Venice so when we got into the Tirol we went to the Austrian dishes and were quite impressed.  The cured meats we had that week were the highlight of my life haha.

I did also eat a bunch of hotdogs lol
    I think they thought I wanted them because I'm American, it was the only kind of wurst anybody would serve me lol

Austrians dishes are amazing!!! I don’t remember eating any hotdogs there lol.

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
    There are a lot factors in this decision, is this where you would love to live if money were not a factor?  Some people love the oceans, some love the mountains, some love the city, some love the deep woods.  They all have challenges if you don't have the money.  Personally, I was born less than 2 miles from the ocean and although I don't like seafood, don't fish, am not a good swimmer, I feel drawn to the ocean.  There is nothing more peaceful to me than sitting on the edge of the ocean, hearing the water rush in, the sounds of the seagulls, the smell of the saltwater.  I guess my answer would be anywhere I can get to an ocean without an hour.  For the person who mentioned sports teams, I've made career decisions based on whether the location had sports teams.  It's different now with cable sports tv, but back then, I couldn't imagine moving to a city that had no professional sports teams.  
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,734
    Back home in Canada on the west coast.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,828
    Maine
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    La Jolla, CA, circa 1993.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,717
    edited July 2019
    Right now I think I would be happy living somewhere on this continent...

rather than here in Hell Dorado County, California.  sweating

Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    brianlux said:
    Right now I think I would be happy living somewhere on this continent...

rather than here in Hell Dorado County, California.  sweating

How about in this fine abode =)
    https://www.zillow.com/house/santas-house/
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,764
    comfortably in my skin......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14