Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

The all-purpose, heavy duty Global Warming/ Climate Change thread.

14567810»

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 21,881
    edited October 18
    Well, maybe Pearl Jam should stop wasting plastic then with them releasing a single for their new climate change-focused album with just an A-side.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 32,318
    brianlux said:
    327,376,000 gallons. In all fairness, what should they be doing with that volume? It’s not like they asked for or wanted a tsunami to strike.

They practiced extreme negligence building a nuclear power plant near the coast in a part of the world where major earthquakes are always going to happen.  What they did was criminal.  As for what to do with that nuclear waste, I guess they have no other choice.  The author of this Forbes article thinks it's the best and safest thing to do:

But I think the country should make reparations to planet earth by:
    -Shutting down all of their nuclear power plants.
    -Stop all killing of whales and other sea mammals and cut their fishing industry by 80%.
    -Begin large-scale operations to remove plastic from the ocean.
    -Create marine sanctuaries in their territorial seas. 

But I think the country should make reparations to planet earth by:
    -Shutting down all of their nuclear power plants.
    -Stop all killing of whales and other sea mammals and cut their fishing industry by 100%.
    -Begin large-scale operations to remove plastic from the ocean.
    -Create marine sanctuaries in their territorial seas.  

Yes, I may have been too generous!
    “In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.”
    -James Allen

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 32,318
    Well, maybe Pearl Jam should stop wasting plastic then with them releasing a single for their new climate change-focused album with just an A-side.

For sure.  And climate activist Neil Young needs to do the same.  Several of his records have used an excessive amount resources over the last several years- mainly paper and paperboard, but one sided records as well.  That contradiction has long puzzled me.
    “In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.”
    -James Allen