Options

Iran shoots down US drone

13»

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,976
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Iran got a free pass this time.  Doubt they'll get another free pass...
    What if Iran flew a drone over your home town?  Free pass/ no free pass?
    Has it been determined that the drone was in Iranian airspace?

And to answer your question ... I want the Canadian military to shoot it down, of course.  But if Iran has a drone flying over my house, something went terribly wrong with our defence systems, to be honest...lol. And if Iran is snooping around my town, have at it.  Not much to see here, just a small rural Ontario town...

I honestly don't know enough about the particulars.  Its' all modern hi tech warfare.  A crazy video game being played on a world-sized monitor.  Just the latest version of what humans can't seem to do without: WAR.  We are so goddamn good at war.  But where does it get us?  Nowhere.  No-friggin-where. 
    Not all humans. Not all countries. Some don't do the jump from "how to make money?" and "how to get reelected?" to "go to war".
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    edited June 2019
    brianlux said:
    Iran got a free pass this time.  Doubt they'll get another free pass...
    What if Iran flew a drone over your home town?  Free pass/ no free pass?

Definitely has scary potential for the future. What happens when terrorists get this tech? Will they be able to mask drones over our airspace? Make them look like commercial flights?

In this case (what if) the international border is very close to their land due to the narrow strait. It should be irrelevant to Iran bc they know we can land a missile anywhere without a drone. Our satellites can see anything a drone can. 

Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,106
    an UNMANNED drone was shot down.  hows about you just suck it up... dont threaten retaliation cause... it was an UNMANNED drone. and quite frankly, you shouldnt have been there in the first place. i know the US govt has a hard on for iran and will use any excuse to get in there but lets save the macho bullshit for a just cause.  and yes im well aware the idiot in chief 'pulled back' at the last minute.. how magnanimous of him. 
    That drone cost somewhere between $120-240 million dollars. Weird that I’ve seen such a range in reports. If it was flying in an area that it is permitted to be flying, Iran shooting it down is actually an act of aggression.  To bad we can’t just settle this in court. Determine where it was flying. If ok, Iran owes the US a lot of $!

if it was in Iranian airspace, the US should probably reimburse Iran for the cost of the missile. ;)

To just dismiss this is not ok. But I’m am thankful it, so far, hasn’t led to something worse. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Hi! said:

Fantastic song.
  • Options
  • Options
    What the fuck is this by the way that I stumbled upon... US journalists...

• Options
    RYME said:
    PresidentTrump does not have an itchy trigger finger.
    The last thing he wants is to get us into another quagmire.  He is not W.
    Funniest post on this board.
  • Options

• Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    RYME said:
    Really?
    It doesn't take much does it?
    Why don't you throw down some labels too while you're at it.  You know all the ists & phobias that lefties like to toss out there.  Since you cannot back up what you just said.

• Options
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    Really?
    Why don't you throw down some labels too while you're at it.  You know all the ists & phobias that lefties like to toss out there.  Since you cannot back up what you just said.

Can you back up what you said? Isn't "leftie" a label you just threw out?
  • Options
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    Really?

Yup it is.
    & I can back up what you thought was the funniest comment ever.
    W Bush would have carpet bombed the place (Iran) by now.  Although still shaky North Korea has backed way off on their nuclear threats.  Trump isn't sitting here hoping he gets the chance to press the big red button.  If you think Trump just cannot wait to go to war and start shooting your nuts.
    While there is always tension in the world I don't think the United States is at war with any particular country right now.
  • Options
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    Really?

Yup it is.
    W Bush would have carpet bombed the place (Iran) by now.  Although still shaky North Korea has backed way off on their nuclear threats.  Trump isn't sitting here hoping he gets the chance to press the big red button.  If you think Trump just cannot wait to go to war and start shooting your nuts.
    While there is always tension in the world I don't think the United States is at war with any particular country right now.
    This is not backing up. This is you talking out of your ass?
  • Options
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    Really?

Yup it is.
    Make a point would you.
  • Options
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    Really?

Yup it is.
    Make a point would you.
    Ok. Just let me watch the childs play remake first. Be back in roughly 90 min. 
  • Options
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    Really?

Yup it is.
    Make a point would you.
    Ok. Just let me watch the childs play remake first. Be back in roughly 90 min. 
    If you are watching your children play, that's great.  Seriously don't worry about it.  Children are most important, not bantering with somebody you don't even know.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,709
    GIRLS!!!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    edited July 2019
    an UNMANNED drone was shot down.  hows about you just suck it up... dont threaten retaliation cause... it was an UNMANNED drone. and quite frankly, you shouldnt have been there in the first place. i know the US govt has a hard on for iran and will use any excuse to get in there but lets save the macho bullshit for a just cause.  and yes im well aware the idiot in chief 'pulled back' at the last minute.. how magnanimous of him. 
    That drone cost somewhere between $120-240 million dollars. Weird that I’ve seen such a range in reports. If it was flying in an area that it is permitted to be flying, Iran shooting it down is actually an act of aggression.  To bad we can’t just settle this in court. Determine where it was flying. If ok, Iran owes the US a lot of $!

if it was in Iranian airspace, the US should probably reimburse Iran for the cost of the missile. ;)

To just dismiss this is not ok. But I’m am thankful it, so far, hasn’t led to something worse. 
    personally despite me saying  suck it up,  i am not dismissing it, cause i know how little it takes for the americans to lose their minds. they are a sensitive lot.  but to be honest cincy, i dont give a flying fuck whether it was in iranian airspace or hovering  just outside it.... an american military drone should not be there. it doesnt belong. by being that close to iranian airpace or being in it, it is being provocative, the americans know this(thats the act of agression). and i certainly dont give a fuck how much the drone cost, cause  aside from everything else, its irrelevant. pretty much like it doesnt matter if  the car im run over by is a  shitbox from the 80s or a 2019 ford ranger...  and yes i too am thankful that it hasnt led to something worse... cause tbh theres an idiot in the white house atm who likes to think hes actually a politician with all the subsequent skills, when in fact hes a fool who has zero idea on what diplomacy actually is, and what it entails, and no skills aside from from tweeting and being a lecherous manbaby. he wasnt  a politician when he was running for office and he sure as hell isnt one now that he actually is in office. i have no fucking idea why the necessity to seek out an enemy where there is none, but what i do know is, as a planet, we are going to hell in a hand basket and those who should give  a fuck, those we entrust with our well being and lives, dont actually give a fuck about us. so maybe we should pour our energies into voting for governments who have their citizens' and the planet's best interest in mind, who dont feel the need to show us the size of their cajones by being agressive, as if thats a measure of how well they do their job and how much they care about us. i am so tired of being held hostage by the special interest groups who have the ears of our so called leaders. a change is needed and as much as we like to think its coming, we dont have the time to wait.... change needs to come NOW. we can no longer tolerate the fools we elect. we need to be smarter. we need to stop being afraid of others. we need to think beyond our own lifetimes. we need to recognise and acknowledge that we only have one planet we can call home and when we fuck her up, what we lose is our lives cause when we are gone she will regenerate just as shes done since she was born cause she doesnt give a fuck about some 2 legged hairless ape. she didnt care about the dinosaurs so why do we think we're so special? and no i am not sorry for the rant.. im tired.   
    Post edited by catefrances on
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    Iran drone has been shot down in the straight of hormuz ... it's probably at least $2 cheaper then the US drone that got shot down
  • Options
    Iran's current strategy ...

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,597
    Boom boom boom, boom boom boom, boom boom boom, boom boom boom, rrrrrrraaaaattttttaaaaaaTattttttat.

Boo! It’s coming.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Iran is sure doing their part to try and escalate things. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    they recognize the large gap in leadership amongst Western allies.
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:
    they recognize the large gap in leadership amongst Western allies.
    Iran - bringing people back together again since 2019
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/sailor-dead-hurt-iranian-ship-gulf-oman-70608956?cid=clicksource_4380645_2_heads_hero_live_headlines_hed

TEHRAN, Iran -- A missile fired during an Iranian military training exercise mistakenly struck a naval vessel instead of its intended target in waters near the strategic Strait of Hormuz, killing 19 sailors and wounding 15 others, Iranian authorities said Monday.

The bungled training exercises took place Sunday and raised new questions about the readiness of the Islamic Republic's armed forces amid heightened tensions with U.S., just months after they accidentally shot down a Ukrainian jetliner near Tehran, killing 176 passengers.

It also comes soon after a tense naval encounter between Iranian and U.S. forces in the nearby Persian Gulf.

Well, that settles it in my mind.  These folks just straight up don't know how to use missiles.  

The drone, the airliner, the numerous close calls ... I thought there may have been more devious plots and conspiracies at hand, but alas no.