Topic is Varied

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    And circumcision is barbaric.
    Did you allow your children to get shots when they were a few hours old?
    Did you cut your children's feet off to have them not worrying about what shoes to buy growing up?
    No but all four of my sons are circumcised.   Sometimes as a parent you make a decision on what you think will be the best outcome of your kids. How about your kids?
    I would not mutilate my children and violate their right to their own healthy body by some stupid tradition - no. 

I do not have that right.

And I find it absurd that in the year of the christ 2019, some people seem to feel they do have that right, and have not woken up and even reflected on it.
    If you do decide to have kids one day then you will realize that sometimes you as the adult have to make decisions for them.  

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,016
    edited June 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    Did you cut your children's feet off to have them not worrying about what shoes to buy growing up?
    No but all four of my sons are circumcised.   Sometimes as a parent you make a decision on what you think will be the best outcome of your kids. How about your kids?
    I would not mutilate my children and violate their right to their own healthy body by some stupid tradition - no. 

And I find it absurd that in the year of the christ 2019, some people seem to feel they do have that right, and have not woken up and even reflected on it.
    If you do decide to have kids one day then you will realize that sometimes you as the adult have to make decisions for them.  

Ofcourse.

Needless mutilation of a child's body is not a decision needing to be made though. That's the point. 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Dee Snider plays a free show here in town on the 26th. Go to that or watch the debate... hmm...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:

Ofcourse.

Needless mutilation of a child's body is not a decision needing to be made though. That's the point. 
    I don’t look at my junk and Think it is mutilated. Do people do that?

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:

Ofcourse.

I don’t look at my junk and Think it is mutilated. Do people do that?

You admire the purple headed warrior. 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:

Ofcourse.

I don’t look at my junk and it is mutilated. Do people do that?

Not a comment to really respond to.

But hopefully your four boys will be open-minded and get some insights regarding the practice growing up, maybe with some help from american politics daring to move closer to a scandinavian model (Sanders 2002).

Maybe in their lifetime health care will even be a human right?

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when open - like Frank Zappa said.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:

Please never have kids if you don't think you have the right to make health choices on their behalf. 
    In this century it's not a health choice, so again, dumb comparison.

• Options
    Anyone comparing circumcision too vaccinations has no idea what they are talking about.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    Then don't choose it for your son.  Im comfortable with my choices and my father's.  I also chose measles vaccine, small box, chicken pox and HPV for my children.  Call child protection. 
    That's a pretty dumb comparison. 
    I'll be sure to trust you over my pediatrician. Im sure your much more schooled in the comparative benefits.  Although he is bought and owned by the hand lotion lobby.  FFS.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    Then don't choose it for your son.  Im comfortable with my choices and my father's.  I also chose measles vaccine, small box, chicken pox and HPV for my children.  Call child protection. 
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:

Please never have kids if you don't think you have the right to make health choices on their behalf. 
    In this century it's not a health choice, so again, dumb comparison.

• Options
    dignin said:
    Anyone comparing circumcision too vaccinations has no idea what they are talking about.
    Got an MD degree? if not,  you're talking out your ass too. Decisions don't need to be equal in weight to be comparative. Unless you're arguing there's zero medical benefit,  then it's comparative.  
  • Options
    dignin said:
    How many sons did you say no to circumcision?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    I'll be sure to trust you over my pediatrician. Im sure your much more schooled in the comparative benefits.  Although he is bought and owned by the hand lotion lobby.  FFS.
    Haha, how old is your pediatrician? You can't even find a doctor who will circumcise babies here in my city. I guess they all must be idiots.

It's only traditional at this point, no practical health benefits. 

But that toque might kill ya!!
  • Options
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    Haha, how old is your pediatrician? You can't even find a doctor who will circumcise babies here in my city. I guess they all must be idiots.

My pediatrician cared for my daughter who was delivered 11 weeks early at 2.5 lbs and spent the first seven weeks if her life in the NICU.  He was pretty good, thanks for asking.  

So you don't have any Jewish people in your city?  Are you in Nuremberg?
  • Options
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:

So do you look at your junk and feel that you were mutilated? 

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    As a victim of the barbarism that was the traditional Jewish Dick Snip, I can say I feel pretty fine about the decision. Even with a deep hatred and disrespect for religion, I’m cool with my parents doing what they thought was best given the innocuous nature of it. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs said:
    As a victim of the barbarism that was the traditional Jewish Dick Snip, I can say I feel pretty fine about the decision. Even with a deep hatred and disrespect for religion, I’m cool with my parents doing what they thought was best given the innocuous nature of it. 
    And you have a fine looking flaccid penis now 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    Got an MD degree? if not,  you're talking out your ass too. Decisions don't need to be equal in weight to be comparative. Unless you're arguing there's zero medical benefit,  then it's comparative.  
    Wife has her PhD and has done some research on the subject. From my experience with her, she doesn't talk out of her ass.
    Post edited by dignin on
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:

My pediatrician cared for my daughter who was delivered 11 weeks early at 2.5 lbs and spent the first seven weeks if her life in the NICU.  He was pretty good, thanks for asking.  

My two brothers (twins) were 12 weeks early. 

Heard that the doctors were great - and on top of that they didn't mutilate them.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    benjs said:
    My husband is Irish Catholic (non-practicing on the latter) and has demanded the return of his foreskin many a time.

I've no complaints at all, but I did tell him that snip ship has sailed =)

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:

So do you look at your junk and feel that you were mutilated? 

My wife tells me I have fine junk, untouched by scalpel. Thankfully my parents aren't traditionalists or religious.
  • Options
    benjs said:
    That's the thing, you have no idea what you're missing.

Sex is better with a toque, on both heads.
  • Options
    benjs said:
    Not a reason to defend continuing the practice though.

My father thought it was better to give us a Sega Mega Drive for christmas 1993 instead of a Super Nintendo.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    benjs said:
    That's the thing, you have no idea what you're missing.

Sex is better with a toque, on both heads.
    How do you know that?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:

Heard that the doctors were great - and on top of that they didn't mutilate them.
    Doctors should never mutilate.  And circumcision is perfectly fine.  Cast your vote for Yang and the "shit that doesn't matter" platform. 
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    hedonist said:
    benjs said:
    My husband is Irish Catholic (non-practicing on the latter) and has demanded the return of his foreskin many a time.

I've no complaints at all, but I did tell him that snip ship has sailed =)

LOL
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    No offense intended, but you all opened the door, dammit.

https://youtu.be/sH2Jg5soZig
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:

Doctors should never mutilate.  And circumcision is perfectly fine.  Cast your vote for Yang and the "shit that doesn't matter" platform. 
    Cast your vote for Bid...FOD GOD SAKES SOMEONE WAKE UP BIDEN! HE'S SLEEPING AND DROOLING ALL OVER THAT LADY AGAIN!
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    It's unbelievable that a thread at the AMT would go off topic.  WTF. 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    It's unbelievable that a thread at the AMT would go off topic.  WTF. 
    No, still on topic. Yang and wang.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

This discussion has been closed.