Options

Topic is Varied

This discussion was created from comments split from: The Democratic Candidates.

Comments

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    I'm glad to see the Dems have finally begun to narrow down the number of candidates running.  Now there are only this many:

:lol:
    I'm going all in on Marianne Williamson. Although Yang has an anti-circumcision platform that is really appealing to me.  it's about time someone took a stand against clean penises.  
    You mean abuse/violation of children in the name of ”Whatever”. 
    okay buddy.  Whatever you think.  Vaccines are also abusive since the child did not consent.  
    A =/= B

in that instance 

and you know that
    Let me know if you want the number of Virginia social services to file an abuse complaint on behalf of my son.  You can also call into the city of Cleveland to do the same for my father, because God knows you won't find many males in this country who give a shit.  
    You should not have done it, unless for medical reasons recommended by a doctor. Full stop. 

Whatever "males" in your country thinks, these "males" could have been the ones in another thread on here defending beating kids. So whatever.
    Thanks for your excellent medical advice.  I'll let you know if I need any Swedish financial advice next.  
    We'll manage. Without systematic abuse of children. And we can pay for healthcare for our citizens too with our financials.

** Sanders 2020: Scandinavia is coming to town **
    You ignore the medical benefits.  Just skip right over that evidence, right?  
    He keeps thinking Sanders can just say free this and that, and it will happen...it does not work that way??  By the way.  If the US was looking at Universal healthcare...they would adopt Canada's model I believe.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    I'm glad to see the Dems have finally begun to narrow down the number of candidates running.  Now there are only this many:

I'm going all in on Marianne Williamson. Although Yang has an anti-circumcision platform that is really appealing to me.  it's about time someone took a stand against clean penises.  
    okay buddy.  Whatever you think.  Vaccines are also abusive since the child did not consent.  
    A =/= B

in that instance 

and you know that
    Let me know if you want the number of Virginia social services to file an abuse complaint on behalf of my son.  You can also call into the city of Cleveland to do the same for my father, because God knows you won't find many males in this country who give a shit.  
    You should not have done it, unless for medical reasons recommended by a doctor. Full stop. 

Whatever "males" in your country thinks, these "males" could have been the ones in another thread on here defending beating kids. So whatever.
    Thanks for your excellent medical advice.  I'll let you know if I need any Swedish financial advice next.  
    We'll manage. Without systematic abuse of children. And we can pay for healthcare for our citizens too with our financials.

He keeps thinking Sanders can just say free this and that, and it will happen...it does not work that way??  By the way.  If the US was looking at Universal healthcare...they would adopt Canada's model I believe.  
    I"m sure.  In fact, we already have it essentially, but it's for the old and the poor.  Seniors can buy supplemental but I don't think many do.  My mom's medicare is very good.  Although as I pointed out from the Kaiser poll, 70% of Americans do not want to give up their private insurance.  They just want it cheaper.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Sweden has male circumcision, am I correct?  If they do, maybe you should first worry about Swedens policy before other countries...
    Maybe that's only the Jews that do it there..  And we know how Europe feels about them.  
    Don't see the point in lowering the bar like this all the time in this thread? You get so hostile. A ww2-dig any time now i reckon.
    This is May '19 

German official advises Jews to avoid wearing traditional yarmulkes amid rising anti-Semitism
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/german-official-advises-jews-avoid-wearing-traditional-yarmulkes-amid-rising-n1010381

Quit thinking you Euros are better than us...because you sure as hell come across as self-righteous.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    You guys do know that there is a movement by men to end routine infant circumcision, including American and Canadian men, right? This isn't something that SC has just made up. Rates of routine infant circumcision in the US are dropping. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,016
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:

A =/= B

in that instance 

and you know that

No, I didn't ignore that - if for medical reasons it is recommended by a doctor. So do it when it is needed.

I understand it is the "hand lotion"-lobby of America's PR about "medical benefits" that you are parroting now - but how many of my friends, not being circumcised, do you think have had problems following not being circumcised? 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    You guys do know that there is a movement by men to end routine infant circumcision, including American and Canadian men, right? This isn't something that SC has just made up. Rates of routine infant circumcision in the US are dropping. 
    Yeah, and Yang is a champion of it.  My jab wasn't a joke.  It's fucking stupid though.  
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    mrussel1 said:
    Yeah, and Yang is a champion of it.  My jab wasn't a joke.  It's fucking stupid though.  
    All four of my boys were circumcised and everyone of my friends did the same for their sons.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:

A =/= B

in that instance 

and you know that

No, I didn't ignore that - if for medical reasons it is recommended by a doctor. So do it when it is needed.

I understand it is the "hand lotion"-lobby of America's PR about "medical benefits" that you are parroting now - but how many of my friends, not being circumcised, do you think have had problems following not being circumcised? 
    Using the statistically significant sample of 'your friends', any answer is random by definition.  

And how will a pediatric doctor of an infant know that a child is likely to xfer an STD and/or get cervical cancer?  But you're right about America's PR on circumcision.  The pro dick cutting lobby is super powerful in this country.  It's a multi billion dollar industry that's just trying to advance its pro child abuse agenda by infiltrating the CDC.  I'm glad you're on the case though.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Sweden has male circumcision, am I correct?  If they do, maybe you should first worry about Swedens policy before other countries...
    Maybe that's only the Jews that do it there..  And we know how Europe feels about them.  
    Don't see the point in lowering the bar like this all the time in this thread? You get so hostile. A ww2-dig any time now i reckon.
    This is May '19 

German official advises Jews to avoid wearing traditional yarmulkes amid rising anti-Semitism
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/german-official-advises-jews-avoid-wearing-traditional-yarmulkes-amid-rising-n1010381

Quit thinking you Euros are better than us...because you sure as hell come across as self-righteous.
    And the President of the USA took the side of Nazis running over a girl, and nothing really happened with him or his supporter base. So what is your point in this circular reasoning of yours? And what does it have to do with the topic discussed?

mrussel lowers the bar with moot digs, Meltdown comes running to keep the discussion straying away in the mootest of directions. It's like a poorly written James Bond-rip off and you are playing the Nick Nack character.

** SANDERS 2020: KEEP THE EYE ON THE PRICE **
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Happy Father’s Day everyone!  Cheers.  #noicecubes

• Options
    edited June 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:

A =/= B

in that instance 

and you know that

Using the statistically significant sample of 'your friends', any answer is random by definition.  

And how will a pediatric doctor of an infant know that a child is likely to xfer an STD and/or get cervical cancer?  But you're right about America's PR on circumcision.  The pro dick cutting lobby is super powerful in this country.  It's a multi billion dollar industry that's just trying to advance its pro child abuse agenda by infiltrating the CDC.  I'm glad you're on the case though.  
    My god. You really do have your head in the sand. Haha. What the hell.

This is like saying "We should cut of babies tongues because of the 'medical benefits' of lowering the chances of  fungus in the 
    oral cavity"

How about letting young men when they are 18 decide to circumcise themselves if they do not want to risk these foreskin-exlusive STD's or whatever?

But I do understand that you cannot see that. How much hand lotion is bought by men every year in the US? Would be a shame if that industry would take a hit.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:

A =/= B

in that instance 

and you know that

My god. You really do have your head in the sand. Haha. What the hell.

This is like saying "We should cut of babies tongues because of the 'medical benefits' of lowering the chances of  fungus in the 
    oral cavity"

How about letting young men when they are 18 decide to circumcise themselves if they do not want to risk these foreskin-exlusive STD's or whatever?

But I do understand that you cannot see that. How much hand lotion is bought by men every year in the US? Would be a shame if that industry would take a hit.
    Good to know that you can only get STD's after you're 18 .  This is the same argument about having girls get the HPV shot as a 9 or 10 year old.  Are they at an age of consent?  Nope.  Is there a guarantee they would/not get HPV if they don't get the shot?  Nope.  Yet somehow parents get to make decisions for their children.  I guess that's just in our culture and unique to us.  
  • Options
    Summa kardemumma: If not for medical reasons recommended by a doctor, it is pointless and absurd abuse and a violation of the child.

And if Andrew Yang opposes it, than that is obviously a positive. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:

A =/= B

in that instance 

and you know that

I"m sure.  In fact, we already have it essentially, but it's for the old and the poor.  Seniors can buy supplemental but I don't think many do.  My mom's medicare is very good.  Although as I pointed out from the Kaiser poll, 70% of Americans do not want to give up their private insurance.  They just want it cheaper.  
    My Aunt has lived in Canada and retired in the US...she prefers US healthcare to Canada...She had her hip replaced in a week.  4-6 Months in Ontario.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,721
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:

OMG, funniest post of the week! :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:

A =/= B

in that instance 

and you know that

My Aunt has lived in Canada and retired in the US...she prefers US healthcare to Canada...She had her hip replaced in a week.  4-6 Months in Ontario.
    FYI, it's same day out patient surgery in Europe.  You can schedule up to 11PM local the evening before. 
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    benjs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Here is Warren's explanation for the Republican thing. It really only further strengthens her position IMO.

"I was an independent. I was with the GOP for a while because I really thought that it was a party that was principled in its conservative approach to economics and to markets. And I feel like the GOP party just left that. They moved to a party that said, “No, it’s not about a level playing field. It’s now about a field that’s gotten tilted.” And they really stood up for the big financial institutions when the big financial institutions are just hammering middle class American families. I just feel like that’s a party that moved way, way away."

You don't find it convenient that her move in the 90s is aligned perfectly with the populist times, when explained today? And how are her current proposals even close to free market conservative principles?  I'd prefer to see some contemporaneous explanation,  but I'm sure that doesn't exist. 
    No. And I actually feel like you are actively looking for reasons not to like Warren, to the point where you're just kind of making things up. Her political view evolved. That is a good thing. I'm not sure how you find something so negative here.
    Sorry, but this would be an active reason to question the authenticity of any person - don't make this out like Warren is being singled-out. There is only too much information out there about Biden's convenient flipping of positions at couldn't-really-be-a-coincidence times. That's why I question his authenticity. Why should we not be allowed to state the same of other candidates?
    Oh I don't know, because she changed her views before she was a politician almost 30 years ago?

Biden has changed his in the past year. Not even comparable.
    How long do you have to wait after you change your views, before you verbalize them?  Just asking what the rule is.  
    I have no idea what you're getting at.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    And circumcision is barbaric.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    Did you allow your children to get shots when they were a few hours old?
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    Did you cut your children's feet off to have them not worry about what shoes to buy growing up?
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    Did you cut your children's feet off to have them not worrying about what shoes to buy growing up?
    No but all four of my sons are circumcised.   Sometimes as a parent you make a decision on what you think will be the best outcome for your kids. It’s called being an adult and making big boy/girl decisions. How about your kids?
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • Options
    dignin said:
    Then don't choose it for your son.  Im comfortable with my choices and my father's.  I also chose measles vaccine, small box, chicken pox and HPV for my children.  Call child protection. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    Did you cut your children's feet off to have them not worry about what shoes to buy growing up?
    Yeah in fact I did.  That's how solid the analogy is.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    Did you cut your children's feet off to have them not worrying about what shoes to buy growing up?
    No but all four of my sons are circumcised.   Sometimes as a parent you make a decision on what you think will be the best outcome of your kids. How about your kids?
    I would not mutilate my children and violate their right to their own healthy body by some stupid tradition - no. 

I do not have that right.

And I find it absurd that in the year of the christ 2019, some people seem to feel they do have that right, and have not woken up and even reflected on it.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    No but all four of my sons are circumcised.   Sometimes as a parent you make a decision on what you think will be the best outcome of your kids. How about your kids?
    I would not mutilate my children and violate their right to their own healthy body by some stupid tradition - no. 

And I find it absurd that in the year of the christ 2019, some people seem to feel they do have that right, and have not woken up and even reflected on it.
    Please never have kids if you don't think you have the right to make health choices on their behalf. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:

Please never have kids if you don't think you have the right to make health choices on their behalf. 
    hand-lotion lobby.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:

hand-lotion lobby.
    What does that even mean?
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    On the topic of STD:s, hopefully Warren has a plan. And I doubt circumcising is key:

• Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    I remember seeing some form of protest last year about circumcision. It was pretty hilarious, bunch of dudes in all white and a blood stain on the crotch. Had no clue what they were doing until I finally saw a sign being carried by one of them. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Happy Father’s Day everyone!  Cheers.  #noicecubes

Have a good day...
    Give Peas A Chance…
This discussion has been closed.