Music Industry/Streaming Services

13»

Comments

• morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    I've been looking in the Spotify app in my phone & can't see anything about local files. If I put PJ boots into the SD card in my phone, how do I then play them in Spotify? I just have all the music I have in spotify in one playlist called "all music" because i just play all of my music on shuffle all the time, that's all I want to do.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    1. Import your local files to Spotify using the desktop app (see "Desktop" instructions above).
    2. Add the files to a playlist.
    3. Log in on your mobile or tablet using the same WiFi network as your desktop app.
    4. Select the playlist containing the local files.
    5. Switch on Download.

You have to sync them from your desktop app in a playlist, so you would have to put all your boots into it's own playlist and then sync that playlist from your pc to your phone. You can then download the playlist on your phone and incorporate it into your main playlist. https://support.spotify.com/uk/article/Listen-to-local-files/

Spotify doesn't recognize local files on a phone, so you need to sync them from desktop and then download. 

edited May 2019
    Cool. Thanks njnancy. Yep, those are the instructions I've been following.

Amazingly enough I have had some success this evening in that after removing Spotify from my tablet then reinstalling it Spotify is now recognising my PJ boot local files, which it wasn't doing before. Now I've removed the app form my phone & am reinstalling it there so hopefully it'll work there too, I'll sync the playlist then download. Success is in sight, hopefully.
    Post edited by morello on
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    edited May 2019
    Ok, so reloading the app didn't work on my phone. I've got the playlist that they're in, in the desktop version the songs now play, since reloading Spotify but on my phone the PJ boot tracks are greyed out & won't play.

e.t.a. I'm trying downloading the playlist now....

Ok, I now have some PJ boots in Spoto\ify in my phone! YAYYY!!! No alum artwork or album names but at least I have some PJ back in my mobile listening life. I get that not all have imported coz some are probably flac or whatever.

Anyone know how to edit the album artwork & make album name visible? Spotify is a rather different beast to anything i'm used to..
    Post edited by morello on
    <hr>
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    When you make a playlist, you are prompted to give it a name. And you can give a description if you want. As far as the cover art, if you have a picture that you want to use, you click on the square area where the album artwork would go and it will prompt to choose a picture from your files. You can add one if you have one, or create something you want to use and then import it. 

I'm happy that you got most of your files to synch. Creating a playlist on the desktop and then importing that to your phone under the playlist name and then don't forget to turn download on on the right side above the first song. Then your songs are available to play offline. 
    Thanks njnancy. Yep, I've named the playlist, it's just wanting to edit the song details such as some aren't recognising Pearl jam as the artist, it has nothing in the artist field. Spotify isn't recognising the full file details because I know all the music files in my hard drive have full details on them. Also, it just isn't recognising some of my PJ files but I guess I need to go through & check if any are flac vs mp3.
    <hr>