PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    On The Run
    I'm gonna go ahead and be the guy that says it, cuz why not... anyone ever do The Wizard of Oz thing?

I used to have dvds of Dark Side of Oz, Alice On The Wall and 2112:A Space Odyssey. I thought The Wall/Alice synced up way better than Dark Side/Oz.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Speak To Me
    DewieCox said:
    I'm gonna go ahead and be the guy that says it, cuz why not... anyone ever do The Wizard of Oz thing?

I used to have dvds of Dark Side of Oz, Alice On The Wall and 2112:A Space Odyssey. I thought The Wall/Alice synced up way better than Dark Side/Oz.
    Interesting, had no clue the others were even a thing.  Being a Rush fan, I'm definitely gonna have to give 2112 a try.  I always thought Dark Side synced up better the 2nd time through.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Speak To Me
    dankind said:
    No, I can’t stand anything about The Wizard of Oz. Floyd can’t save that mess.

But I’ve done this thing!

https://youtu.be/OZPTW32muVs

That almost seems like it was intended to be a video for the song.  Was that really an 11 min scene in the show?

• Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Speak To Me
    And somebody just cast the first vote for the musical perfection that is Great Gig in the Sky lol. 🧐

Great Gig in the Sky is my favorite. 
    #FHP
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Speak To Me
    I won tickets years ago to laser Floyd with Wizard of Oz. I only remember the clocks syncing with Time.
    #FHP
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Money
    dankind said:

That almost seems like it was intended to be a video for the song.  Was that really an 11 min scene in the show?

Yes. Yes, it was.

The most staggering 11 minutes I've ever seen on television.

Part 8 of Twin Peaks: The Return will likely never be topped, not even by Lynch himself.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,633
    On The Run
    dankind said:
    dankind said:

Yes. Yes, it was.

The most staggering 11 minutes I've ever seen on television.

Part 8 of Twin Peaks: The Return will likely never be topped, not even by Lynch himself.
    More staggering than Dean Martin’s New Years Eve Cocktail Party Sing-a-Long???

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Speak To Me
    eddiec said:
    I could barely make the first choice.
    This poll may be too much.
    Every song is so perfectly placed along the journey of this album.
    I feel sick already.
    Exactly how I feel. This poll is going to suck (in a good way!), just like the Led Zep IV poll did, actually worse since I only play this album from start to finish. I never just listen to a track. Sophie's choice.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Money
    jeffbr said:
    eddiec said:
    I could barely make the first choice.
    This poll may be too much.
    Every song is so perfectly placed along the journey of this album.
    I feel sick already.
    Exactly how I feel. This poll is going to suck (in a good way!), just like the Led Zep IV poll did, actually worse since I only play this album from start to finish. I never just listen to a track. Sophie's choice.
    First two votes will be easy for me, since there are two songs that, in my opinion, stick out like sore thumbs sonically from the rest of the album. They are two amazing songs, but they just don't quite jibe with the rest of the soundscape.

But yeah, concept albums should be off limits.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,877
    Money
    I spun this the other day for the first time in a long time thanks to this thread, nice work medozk.  The song money still sucks. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,877
    Money
    Has vedder ever done a full version of brain damage?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Eliminated 1st Round - Speak To Me, Any Colour You Like, and Money
This discussion has been closed.