• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    edited April 2019
    CROJAM95 said:
    dankind said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    dankind said:
    tbergs said:
    Batman Returns is way under rated and is a beautiful movie to watch. Burton received a lot of flack from the studio for taking it in that direction. And yes, Keaton will always be the best Batman. He could balance the necessary emotions without being over the top, which is my one complaint about Bale.
    Bale is an awful actor. Anyone can gain and lose weight. Acting takes talent. Dude has zero.
    wow.....not even close. To say hes overrated, ok everything in this ass backwards world that is considered good is probably  a lil overrated. To say the man has no talent? Cmon cmon, lets relax a bit

Didn't you say some Adam Sandler movie that wasn't Billy Madison or Waterboy was better than you thought recently in the movie thread? You my friend are disqualified =)
    He's this generation's Kevin Costner, who couldn't even play a corpse in The Big Chill.

I will say that Costner was great in Molly's Game, though. Maybe he took some acting lessons during his hiatus.
    Costner always looks like he's half asleep or been drinking all day.....Didn't Dances with Wolves rob Godfellas at the Oscars?  Let me know when Bale is part of something as bad as Waterworld….. Christ
    I think Kevin Costner is the most underrated actor of all time. I know Waterworld sucked, and I know his accent was terrible in Robin Hood (but that was a damn good movie anyway), but overall, Costner does an amazing job in his films - I mean, A Perfect World, JFK, Field of Dreams, Bull Durham, Mr. Brooks ... the list goes on and on. And now this new Netflix movie. That Waterworld fiasco was so unfair to him. Meanwhile, he just keeps getting better. I love Kevin Costner!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,019
    Kevin Costner. Sure there was zero chemistry with whitney houston - most out of place sexy time in any movie ever. 

But he's great and plays emphatic amazingly way.

Love him.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    dankind said:
    Costner makes for some awesome baseball movies!
    Jake Taylor>Crash Davis
    Saw your wife at the Capri Lounge last night. Hell of a dancer, you must be very, very proud.
    “Now you listen to me...if you ever tank another play like you did today, I’m gonna cut your nuts off and stuff ‘em down your f*#%in’ throat!”  Classic line and classic film. Jake Taylor’s the best. 
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    bbiggs said:
    dankind said:
    Jake Taylor>Crash Davis
    Saw your wife at the Capri Lounge last night. Hell of a dancer, you must be very, very proud.
    “Now you listen to me...if you ever tank another play like you did today, I’m gonna cut your nuts off and stuff ‘em down your f*#%in’ throat!”  Classic line and classic film. Jake Taylor’s the best. 
    Robert Wuhl’s character from Bull Durham is a close second. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    dankind said:
    bbiggs said:
    dankind said:
    Jake Taylor>Crash Davis
    And with that name drop you've brought this random segway back on track with a tie in to the Batman franchise.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    tbergs said:
    dankind said:
    bbiggs said:
    dankind said:
    Jake Taylor>Crash Davis
    And with that name drop you've brought this random segway back on track with a tie in to the Batman franchise.
    Good to see you’re paying attention. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,160
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    He nailed the laugh. This looks very promising.
    I had no idea Deniro was in this. 
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Supposedly very influenced by Scorsese, he was a producer early on, had to leave due to other commitments 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    If you put Aquaman, Justice League, and Batman v Superman in a toilet, and took a dump on them, it would make perfect sense.
    Hopefully this resembles none of those.  They have done well w/Batman related stuff recently.  Rest of DC?
    Dog Crap.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    I think it will be solid, no aliens, no hey my moms name is Martha too.....Only Gal Gadot came up roses from those string of incredibly shitty films 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    CROJAM95 said:
    I think it will be solid, no aliens, no hey my moms name is Martha too.....Only Gal Gadot came up roses from those string of incredibly shitty films 
    Oh I forgot.  Yes, I though WW was very good.
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    DewieCox said:
    I didn’t even watch the trailer, but I like the newer DC movies. Hope Phoenix is good enough to wash out Ledgers overrated Joker.
    Really??   I thought Ledger nailed it..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    edited September 2019
    Ledger killed it. Killed it!  Loved all the Bale Batman movies. Hated his Batman voice though. 

Jack N’s Joker was a coked up sociopath which was perfect for the time it came out. 

Never have been a Dc comics fan. Read nothing but amazing reviews of the new Joker movie. So I will definitely watch it once it’s available to rent on iTunes. Hate going to the movies and listening to people eat and breathe 
    Post edited by pearljammr78 on
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    Ledger killed it. Killed it!  Loved all the Bale Batman movies. Hated his Batman voice though. 

Jack N’s Joker was a coked up sociopath which was perfect for the time it came out. 

Never have been a Dc comics fan. Read nothing but amazing reviews of the new Joker movie. So I will definitely watch it once it’s available to rent on iTunes. Hate going to the movies and listening to people eat and breathe 
    It’s def like a pig trough when the lights go out

packages being torn to shit... I still go, but damn I always notice National Geographic animal feeding sounds
  • Options
    It’s so gross. The lip smacking from salty foods. The slurping of the sodas. The rattling of the candy or the plastic crunch from constant unwrapping. The sticky floors. Knowing no one can sit for two plus hours without having to fart. Fart soaked theater. No thanks. I’ll watch on my tv in my fart soaked by me bed. Pause. Take a nap. Start movie back where you fell asleep. That’s sounds so much better. 
  • Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636

I'm really looking forward to seeing Phoenix in this role.

Just saw this interview and Jezuz ... I love to see him so relaxed. He is definitely one of my favorite actors!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UihC7BWC3OI

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    edited September 2019
    Post edited by eeriepadave on
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Exciting.
    Would you stand and clap for 8 minutes for any movie you have ever seen?
    Don't think I would.  Just doesn't seem to be the medium for it, to me.  Perhaps at an event viewing like a festival, I have never been.
    Hope it is great!
  • Options
    When one of those very rare times happen and I do go to a theater to see a movie. I am always blown away and laugh when people clap at the end. A premier with the actors and director in the audience. Yes. Appropriate. With no one there but the other slobs that are in there with you. Ridiculous. 

• Options
    Haven’t been to a movie theater in a long time. You guys sure painted a nice picture though. Pig troughs. Farts. Can’t wait to go back! 
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    I can't wait to see this. It's my most anticipated movie of the year. Phoenix is amazing.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,540
    edited September 2019
    Just wait until the movie has been out a few weeks before going to the theater or go during the week.  Problem solved.  No different than when you went to the theater in high school (now we are just soft adults who complain about paying $11 to watch 30 hours a month of Netflix on the couch in our house).
  • Options
    I have always loved going to the movies. I just get there so infrequently these days. I will definitely check this film out sooner or later. Joaquin Phoenix is damn good. 
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    This is why I only see movies at an Alamo Drafthouse. Sucks for those that don’t have one nearby. Hell, I sill have to drive an hour plus to my “local” one, but it’s worth it. Eating & drinking sounds don’t bother me, that’s just white noise I can block out. Talking though, I fucking HATE YOU if you talk in the theatre. Alamo doesn’t put up with it, they’ll kick your ass out.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    Metactritic has it at a 75 and rottentomatoes has it at an 88

I have a feeling he might win an oscar for this with all the hype. If not win, least be nominated for one.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    When one of those very rare times happen and I do go to a theater to see a movie. I am always blown away and laugh when people clap at the end. A premier with the actors and director in the audience. Yes. Appropriate. With no one there but the other slobs that are in there with you. Ridiculous. 

The theatre I was in, including myself, got up and applauded at the end of infinity war. It was that good and warranted it. 

I dont see how you could ever enjoy a live concert yet alone a movie, lol. 
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    This Time review rips Phoenix for overacting the role.

https://time.com/5666055/venice-joker-review-joaquin-phoenix-not-funny/

Seems a bit harsh. I've enjoyed the trailers so far.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    This Time review rips Phoenix for overacting the role.

https://time.com/5666055/venice-joker-review-joaquin-phoenix-not-funny/

Seems a bit harsh. I've enjoyed the trailers so far.
    They need clicks apparently?