Options

The Democratic Candidates

Comments

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,838
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:
    My psychotic ex said he didn't want our son to get vaccinated. I told him he was an idiot and refused to have a conversation about his conspiratorial bs. 

He had no say over the medical decisions with our son. He was a lackluster parent and I just did what had to be done without discussing it with him. God, what a mistake he was. 

Anyway, my son turned out to have an auto immune disease, so I don't care about religious beliefs or thinking it causes autism or whatever else is your problem. If you choose not to vaccinate your child, it should be considered child neglect and endangering the welfare of a child (as in my child who has a compromised immune system). Take the kid away and give them to parents with brains and aren't a danger to the community.  Child services takes away children for BS reasons all the time. This is serious - a disease that was eradicated has now re emerged. This is an emergency. 

If you are too stupid to know how to protect a child, don't have one. Get a plant.
    I cannot stand conspiracy theorists.  People are friggin' insane.  
    Freeman on the land are particularly entertaining. 

And as for the people who believe that the earth is riddled with tunnels in which the dinosaur overlords live.... 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:
    My psychotic ex said he didn't want our son to get vaccinated. I told him he was an idiot and refused to have a conversation about his conspiratorial bs. 

He had no say over the medical decisions with our son. He was a lackluster parent and I just did what had to be done without discussing it with him. God, what a mistake he was. 

Anyway, my son turned out to have an auto immune disease, so I don't care about religious beliefs or thinking it causes autism or whatever else is your problem. If you choose not to vaccinate your child, it should be considered child neglect and endangering the welfare of a child (as in my child who has a compromised immune system). Take the kid away and give them to parents with brains and aren't a danger to the community.  Child services takes away children for BS reasons all the time. This is serious - a disease that was eradicated has now re emerged. This is an emergency. 

If you are too stupid to know how to protect a child, don't have one. Get a plant.

And as for the people who believe that the earth is riddled with tunnels in which the dinosaur overlords live.... 
    You just made that up...please say you just made that up. 
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:

There are people that believe aliens walk amongst us and that there are shape shifting reptilians who are our overlords and are connected to the Vatican and Rothschild family. No shit. 
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,838
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:

Would I make that up?

“Hollow Earth theory”. Multiple permutations over many decades, but they all share common themes - the earth is essentially hollow under a thin crust, and inhabited with superior beings, either aliens or a more evolved life form from earth. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:

Would I make that up?

“Hollow Earth theory”. Multiple permutations over many decades, but they all share common themes - the earth is essentially hollow under a thin crust, and inhabited with superior beings, either aliens or a more evolved life form from earth. 
    People believe crazy stuff.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,117
    Maybe college in the US should be free after all.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Maybe college in the US should be free after all.
    Ya gotta be smart enough to finish high school in order to attend college.
  • Options
    Word is Harris had a good day in the committee.  Booker and Amy were just meh.  Anyone with thoughts that saw it?  I did not.  
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,253
    I can't wait to see what A Bad Lip Reading does with Barr's testimony today. Lots of gems in there.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    I can't wait to see what A Bad Lip Reading does with Barr's testimony today. Lots of gems in there.
    Haha, and maybe Epic Rap Battles of History makes a Barr VS Mueller battle
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Word is Harris had a good day in the committee.  Booker and Amy were just meh.  Anyone with thoughts that saw it?  I did not.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHd_UlebyoM
  • Options
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,670
    Surprise, surprise. What are they afraid of? Elijah Cummings and his shine? Time to issue subpoenas and NOT negotiate how the hearing shall be held. LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP! 

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    You gonna lock up the Attorney General? I don't see it happening, no chance
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,253
    Maybe his babysitting service is taking off after today's testimony.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    my2hands said:
    I don't see it happening either, but it isn't "no chance." Contempt of Congress is a thing, and punishable by imprisonment. So there is a chance and precedence for a Contempt of Congress charge and imprisonment, but it doesn't seem likely. I believe it would be warranted, however, if Barr ignores a Congressional subpoena. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jeffbr said:
    my2hands said:
    I don't see it happening either, but it isn't "no chance." Contempt of Congress is a thing, and punishable by imprisonment. So there is a chance and precedence for a Contempt of Congress charge and imprisonment, but it doesn't seem likely. I believe it would be warranted, however, if Barr ignores a Congressional subpoena. 
    They also have refused to present an unredacted copy of the Mueller Report to Congress. Nadler first said that Barr should resign and then said that they will be there for the meeting tomorrow, if he doesn't show up they will subpoena him and if the Report isn't supplied they will charge him with Contempt of Congress. 
  • Options
    jeffbr said:
    my2hands said:
    I'll take all bets
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    jeffbr said:
    my2hands said:
    I'll take all bets
    10000 to 1?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,664
    If the chances are "never" it should be at least that high.  I will bet $20.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,735
    njnancy said:
    jeffbr said:
    my2hands said:
    They also have refused to present an unredacted copy of the Mueller Report to Congress. Nadler first said that Barr should resign and then said that they will be there for the meeting tomorrow, if he doesn't show up they will subpoena him and if the Report isn't supplied they will charge him with Contempt of Congress. 
    I thought the congress already had an unredacted version.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    njnancy said:
    jeffbr said:
    my2hands said:
    Don't they have a "slightly less redacted" ?
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,735
    njnancy said:
    jeffbr said:
    my2hands said:
    I'm not sure. I was under the impression they had the entire report unredacted, but I could be wrong. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Even money. All wagers. You scurrr'd?
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    njnancy said:
    jeffbr said:
    my2hands said:
    I'm not sure. I was under the impression they had the entire report unredacted, but I could be wrong. 
    They haven't been given diddly squat. 
  • Options
    The public report is redacted for Grand Jury testimony, allegedly.  I believe 2 members of Congress have seen the full, non-redacted report.  
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    The public report is redacted for Grand Jury testimony, allegedly.  I believe 2 members of Congress have seen the full, non-redacted report.  
    Didn't the Dems refuse Barr's offer of having a room set up to view a single copy of the report?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,664
    my2hands said:
    Even money. All wagers. You scurrr'd?
    Didn't make the strong comments about it never happening/taking all bets....but heck no on even money, that would be foolish based on what we know.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,155
    http://youtu.be/sD9d3TUYHNo

Stuttering Joe 
  • Options
    Really?
This discussion has been closed.