Options

The Democratic Candidates

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    Hi! said:
    I didn’t watch Colbert, but read a quick little article. Biden shouldn’t make jokes about Michelle as vp. Unless....
    That would be a political nuclear bomb.  Her popularity is off the charts amongst normal humans.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    I didn’t watch Colbert, but read a quick little article. Biden shouldn’t make jokes about Michelle as vp. Unless....
    That would be a political nuclear bomb.  Her popularity is off the charts amongst normal humans.  
    It is a little crazy how much Americans seem to want to have a royal family running the show...Kennedys, Bushs, Clintons, now Obamas.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    It is a little crazy how much Americans seem to want to have a royal family running the show...Kennedys, Bushs, Clintons, now Obamas.  
    You forgot the obvious one.

Trumps.

A third of the country would take The Don, Ivanka, Jr., and Eric for a 32-year run right now, if offered.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    edited September 2019
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    You forgot the obvious one.

Trumps.

A third of the country would take The Don, Ivanka, Jr., and Eric for a 32-year run right now, if offered.
    You say this a lot and there is literally no evidence to suggest that a third of the country would prefer that, despite their support of their father. 

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2019/08/donald-trump-jr-sad-rally.html
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,804
    edited September 2019
    mickeyrat said:
    and they need to be energetic while they do it...
    Annnnd that would be Warren. People can say what they want. More light on her only strengthens her image. I'm running through the Climate town halls on my DVR while working. She absolutely killed it last night.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Options
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,090
    edited September 2019
    Hi! said:
    This one is for Spiritual

The T-800 learned more and became more human the more he learned as time went on. He didn't turn into a gaffe-machine as time went on.

#SKYNETT800MODEL1012020
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    He really needs to drop out.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Gaffes aren’t always a bad thing IMO. It reminds everyone we’re human not robots, plus the non stop media coverage. Good thing about Biden is, we won’t be losing the comedy factor if he beats Trump. People like to laugh.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Biden is a senile old man...those aren't gaffes.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    He definitely seems to have lost his fastball. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    I think Biden is a joke.  I like Mayor Pete.  Need some youth, not back to back POTUS's that should be put out to pasture...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    JimmyV said:
    I think Biden is a joke.  I like Mayor Pete.  Need some youth, not back to back POTUS's that should be put out to pasture...
    I like Mayor Pete, too, and I don't disagree that a younger candidate (as long as they can win) may be best for the country. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    I like Mayor Pete, too, and I don't disagree that a younger candidate (as long as they can win) may be best for the country. 
    I think we are sometimes dismissive of youthful people.  I have at times.  But I just like Mayor.  I do like leaders with military backgrounds.

We will see.  But it will be Biden.  Those debates I'm watching.  I cannot wait for the question asked, and both candidates answer are totally unrelated to the question.  These will be the 1st debates that have a nap time built-in...lol
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

Joe Biden Caught Off Guard at Town Hall by Question on Fund-Raiser’s Fossil Fuel Ties

Joseph R. Biden Jr. seemed momentarily caught off guard on Wednesday in a nationally televised climate change forum about whether a host of a fund-raising event for him had ties to the fossil fuel industry. Mr. Biden, who has pledged not to take money from oil and gas executives, was confronted by an audience member about a high-dollar fund-raiser on his schedule on Thursday in New York with an executive named Andrew Goldman.

Mr. Biden denied Mr. Goldman was a fossil fuel executive. The pledge he signed binds him not to take contributions of more than $200 from “S.E.C.-named executives of fossil fuel companies.’’ The former vice president told the CNN host Anderson Cooper that Mr. Goldman was not listed as an executive in fossil fuel company filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. “That’s what we look at,’’ Mr. Biden said.

Mr. Cooper, who seemed apprised in advance of the issue raised by the audience member, pressed Mr. Biden, saying Mr. Goldman “has a company called Western LNG” that announced it was building an offshore terminal in western Canada to export natural gas. Earlier in the day, the news site The Intercept had reported on Mr. Goldman’s background.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/04/us/politics/joe-biden-climate-fossil-fuel.html

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

Joe Biden Caught Off Guard at Town Hall by Question on Fund-Raiser’s Fossil Fuel Ties

Joseph R. Biden Jr. seemed momentarily caught off guard on Wednesday in a nationally televised climate change forum about whether a host of a fund-raising event for him had ties to the fossil fuel industry. Mr. Biden, who has pledged not to take money from oil and gas executives, was confronted by an audience member about a high-dollar fund-raiser on his schedule on Thursday in New York with an executive named Andrew Goldman.

Mr. Biden denied Mr. Goldman was a fossil fuel executive. The pledge he signed binds him not to take contributions of more than $200 from “S.E.C.-named executives of fossil fuel companies.’’ The former vice president told the CNN host Anderson Cooper that Mr. Goldman was not listed as an executive in fossil fuel company filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. “That’s what we look at,’’ Mr. Biden said.

Mr. Cooper, who seemed apprised in advance of the issue raised by the audience member, pressed Mr. Biden, saying Mr. Goldman “has a company called Western LNG” that announced it was building an offshore terminal in western Canada to export natural gas. Earlier in the day, the news site The Intercept had reported on Mr. Goldman’s background.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/04/us/politics/joe-biden-climate-fossil-fuel.html

The Bernie Bro audience plant did his job well despite most of his manufactured concern being presently false.

Is Bernie finally fighting dirty? If so, I take it 2016 taught him a lesson.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

The Bernie Bro audience plant did his job well despite most of his manufactured concern being presently false.

Plus I think the headline is misleading completely. Biden knew who he was and said his staff told him he was not any board or company, etc.  But he also said that if any of that is inaccurate, he wouldn't take the money.  So I don't know what the problem is, to be honest.  
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Plus I think the headline is misleading completely. Biden knew who he was and said his staff told him he was not any board or company, etc.  But he also said that if any of that is inaccurate, he wouldn't take the money.  So I don't know what the problem is, to be honest.  
    Well, technically, there isn't one that's based in reality. But it's certainly another story in our new reality of misinformation ruling the day.

It's definitely a problem.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

Bernie's proxies fought plenty dirty in 2016.  Didn't you hear some of the things that were said by speakers at rallies?  Bernie keeps his hands clean and let's his surrogates get in the mud, just like you point out with the plant.  
  • Options
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Well, technically, there isn't one that's based in reality. But it's certainly another story in our new reality of misinformation ruling the day.

It's definitely a problem.
    I expect a headline from the NYT to be more grounded in the facts of the story.  I'm fine on the actual text, but there's no evidence that he was "caught off guard" which seeks to capitalize or perpetuate a narrative of disengagement, senility, age, etc.  That simply isn't the case in this story.  
  • Options
    He’s been making gaffes for the last 40 years. Those don’t have to do with age. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    He’s been making gaffes for the last 40 years. Those don’t have to do with age. 
    Are you saying it's... malarkey?
  • Options
    Can hardly wait to see the gaffes a year from now.  Your mind does not get better.  Americas best hope is a senile old man...LMFAO.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Can hardly wait to see the gaffes a year from now.  Your mind does not get better.  Americas best hope is a senile old man...LMFAO.
    You’ve diagnosed him huh? Impressive. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    You’ve diagnosed him huh? Impressive. 
    Im just impressed it took until 76 to start being incoherent.  Some arguments around here are jibberish at a much younger age. 
  • Options
    You outta know you been enough of them...

People on here who diagnose Trump daily get their bowels in an uproar when similar is stated about a career politician that needs a nap after a nap...those debates will be funny...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,090
    edited September 2019
    Hi! said:
    This one is for Spiritual

I'm out of the loop. I didn't get the reference.

Now I understand:

• Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    that shit looked terrible.   

I'd vote for a Tulsi Gabbard John Delaney ticket at this point.   Let's GOOOOOOO already
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    “Donald Hump”

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    You outta know you been enough of them...

People on here who diagnose Trump daily get their bowels in an uproar when similar is stated about a career politician that needs a nap after a nap...those debates will be funny...
    Apples
    Cornish Game Hen 
    chinese-happy.jpg
This discussion has been closed.