Options

The Democratic Candidates

Comments

• Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    edited March 2019
    Correct me if I'm wrong...but I admired O'Bamas use of the Navy Seals.  They were utilized exceptionally to free Captain Philips and get Bin Laden without major conflict...and I believe no loss of US life or civilian life.
    I guess Obama gets credit for that because he was president at the time. Did he have to approve the raid? I don’t know. He had to approve the bin laden operations I’m sure. But really the military should be getting all the props on that.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    Hi! said:
    Correct me if I'm wrong...but I admired O'Bamas use of the Navy Seals.  They were utilized exceptionally to free Captain Philips and get Bin Laden without major conflict...and I believe no loss of US life or civilian life.
    I guess Obama gets credit for that because he was president at the time. Did he have to approve the raid? I don’t know. He had to approve the bin laden operations I’m sure. But really the military should be getting all the props on that.
    Yes he approved.  Here's the famous pic of the security team watching the raid as it happens.  Notice he isn't wearing any self promoting attire.  

• Options
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    And so if you want a comparative, I never wanted to punch Bush in the nose, or Cheney.  I disagreed vehemently with their policies on a host of issues, but Trump does not deserve the same respect. 
    That’s a tough one. I mean, Bush wouldn’t have kids locked up under a bridge in Texas, but the whole Iraq war and having to see bumper stickers that read:Marriage =one man one woman, for two years was annoying. Bush vs. Trump really needs it’s own thread, lol.
    Even Obama was against gay marriage until sometime in '11 or '12 I think.  I don't know factually that W evolved, but I know his mother did as did his father, even going so far as being a signed witness at a gay marriage.  So I would really be surprised if W didn't change.  
    https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local/George-HW-Bush-Served-as-Witness-in-Same-Sex-Marriage-501716201.html
    I’m willing to bet W. never actually cared, but used it as a divisive election issue. Obama can say what he wants, I think it wasn’t politically advantageous to be for gay marriage at the time. He faked right and went left.
    Totally agree, same with Obama.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:
    Yes he approved.  Here's the famous pic of the security team watching the raid as it happens.  Notice he isn't wearing any self promoting attire.  

I like the one where he’s holding the Nintendo controller better, lol. I actually looked up the captain phillips thing too and did a quick glance at an article. He approved the operation and laid down 2 guiding principles and I think the Military took it from there.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I was always under the impression that Navy Seals final orders come from the President...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:

Look at all those deep state traitors.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:

Look at all those deep state traitors.
    They don't love America.. I don't see one person hugging a flag.  Not one. 
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,552
    edited March 2019
    FWIW, re the Biden kissing thing... I have always felt that Biden is simply a bit overly affectionate at times in an innocent way and is a bit of an awkward clod about it. I don't feel that there is anything sexual about it at all, and while poorly executed at times, I think it's actually just him being a nice person. I could be naive about it I guess, but....
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,254
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    That was the strategy of his Republican contenders and Hillary.  Didn't work. 
    I definitely agree that was the Republican contenders, but the media and Hillary seemed to make it all about Trump and his lack of character Actually, Jeb went after Trump pretty hard during some of the debates and was embarrassingly ineffective. I honestly can’t remember one of Hillary’s policy proposals, I do remember her calling him Putin’s Puppet in a debate.

Well, in his interview with Bill Maher last night, Pete Buttigieg said exactly that: Dem candidates need to make the election about how they will help average Americans, not about how the orange menace is a horrible person.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,025
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:

I like the one where he’s holding the Nintendo controller better, lol. I actually looked up the captain phillips thing too and did a quick glance at an article. He approved the operation and laid down 2 guiding principles and I think the Military took it from there.
    Hey grandma, it's a Dual Shock controller. Not everything video game related is "a nintendo".
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:

Hey grandma, it's a Dual Shock controller. Not everything video game related is "a nintendo".
    I stand corrected.

Here is a Nintendo one for ya:

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,733
    PJ_Soul said:
    FWIW, re the Biden kissing thing... I have always felt that Biden is simply a bit overly affectionate at times in an innocent way and is a bit of an awkward clod about it. I don't feel that there is anything sexual about it at all, and while poorly executed at times, I think it's actually just him being a nice person. I could be naive about it I guess, but....
    I agree.  I think he's just a bit of a doofusy guy.  "An awkward clod"- that's even better.  The word "clod"- I love it.  It's so... dorky?  LOL  Anyway, I don't mean that as a put down but more like, oh good old uncle Joe.   No doubt he's been coached on all that some time back.  I would think by now it's a non-issue.

P.S.  Clod, doofusy, dorky?  Yeah, I admit it, I've got some of that. 

Sheesh- I shouldn't post shit after a couple glasses of wine.  :lol: 

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,025
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hi! said:

I stand corrected.

Here is a Nintendo one for ya:

MAKE THIS GUY PRESIDENT
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    I'm glad to see this.  I always thought it was clumsy not perverted,  but I'm a guy.  
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    PJ_Soul said:
    If it was Mike Pence, or any other GOP,  would you honestly feel the same? 
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,113
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yeah I don’t get the explaining away of Biden’s behavior. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Because Biden is a Democrat...

His creepy behaviour is just innocent.  Don't you walk up behind people and smell there hair, maybe give them an innocent kiss...completely normal behaviour.

Nothing creepy here...

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:

His creepy behaviour is just innocent.  Don't you walk up behind people and smell there hair, maybe give them an innocent kiss...completely normal behaviour.

Nothing creepy here...

That's a photoshopped photo.  Brianlux already shared it.   You've been had.  And that is Trump's hand, look at the tiny fingers.  
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    So to be clear on the 'explaining away', are you saying that the NV assemblywoman's accusation is disqualifying?  

And Pence is a terrible example because Mother doesn't allow him to be near other women.  I'm sorry, but that is way more creepy and weird than anything Joe Biden has ever done in his life. 
  • Options
    There are plenty of non photo shopped Biden experiences 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    And how many of those experiences have turned into accusations and lawsuits?  The only one I know of is this one recently.  Isn't it for a woman to at least start the conversation with how she felt?  Or does the media get to be judge jury and executioner?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Nothing creepy here...

That's a photoshopped photo.  Brianlux already shared it.   You've been had.  And that is Trump's hand, look at the tiny fingers.  
    Won't be the first time I've been had.  My comment still stands, though.  He is a democrat on site that is primarily democratically supported site will give him a pass...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    And how many of those experiences have turned into accusations and lawsuits?  The only one I know of is this one recently.  Isn't it for a woman to at least start the conversation with how she felt?  Or does the media get to be judge jury and executioner?
    Explaining away....
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    How about when my boy Uncle Joe was all over Chris Coons 13yo daughter.... THAT shit made me uncomfortable, good God lol
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    I would never kiss and smell a women's head that hardly know (or even know very well).  Not in a 1000 years.  I wouldn't even ever consider doing it as the thought of doing so would never even enter my mind as a rational thought.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Explaining away....
    So do you think it's disqualifying or not?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Explaining away....
    Why does it have to be so black/white?

It's a fair discussion, Uncle Joe has earned it with some of his creepy behavior... interested to see how this goes in the primary 
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Smelling hair could possibly be a sexual fetish for him.   
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Explaining away....
    Why does it have to be so black/white?

It's a fair discussion, Uncle Joe has earned it with some of his creepy behavior... interested to see how this goes in the primary 
    Because any discussion is evidently "explaining away".  Therefore it must be black and white.  We were discussion and Cincy made his declaration, so I want to know if it's disqualifying for the POTUS or not.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Explaining away....
    I think that’s a question for everyone to answer on their own. I won’t vote for Joe Biden unless he is up against a bigger creep. 
    hippiemom = goodness
This discussion has been closed.