Options

Motley Crue "The Dirt"

13»

Comments

• Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,289

A crew member who worked on new Mötley Crüe biopic The Dirt is suing both the band and Netflix after he was electrocuted on set. 

As The New Orleans Advocate reports, Louis DiVincenti claims he spent seven weeks at the University Medical Center's burn unit after suffering second and third degree burns from a power line that shocked him on the New Orleans set last March. 

DiVincenti, who served as a rigging grip on the film, alleges that Netflix and The Dirt producers, including Mötley Crüe's Nikki Six, Vince Neil, Tommy Lee and Mick Mars, are liable for failing to address electrical hazards near The Munch Factory restaurant, which was used to recreate LA's famous live music venue, Whiskey A Go-Go.

At the time of his hospitalisation, DiVincenti was reportedly given a 2% chance of survival by doctors, while he also underwent numerous surgeries and skin grafts, as well as having his right foot amputated. 

DiVincenti is seeking $1.8 million in medical bills, as well as damages. 

Mötley Crüe and Netflix are yet to comment publicly on the matter.

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,812
    edited March 2019
    It’s all about expectations. I was never a fan of Motley Crue and never read the book. I figured I’d give it 15 minutes but I watched the entire thing. It held my attention and was good relative to the fact I expected it to be awful. The story is rushed, the dialogue is rough at points, but it’s entertaining for what it is.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    goldrush said:

A crew member who worked on new Mötley Crüe biopic The Dirt is suing both the band and Netflix after he was electrocuted on set. 

As The New Orleans Advocate reports, Louis DiVincenti claims he spent seven weeks at the University Medical Center's burn unit after suffering second and third degree burns from a power line that shocked him on the New Orleans set last March. 

DiVincenti, who served as a rigging grip on the film, alleges that Netflix and The Dirt producers, including Mötley Crüe's Nikki Six, Vince Neil, Tommy Lee and Mick Mars, are liable for failing to address electrical hazards near The Munch Factory restaurant, which was used to recreate LA's famous live music venue, Whiskey A Go-Go.

At the time of his hospitalisation, DiVincenti was reportedly given a 2% chance of survival by doctors, while he also underwent numerous surgeries and skin grafts, as well as having his right foot amputated. 

Interesting but I don't care...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,556
    goldrush said:

Interesting but I don't care...
    :lol: Well I mean really, we know they'll just give him some money and he'll go away. I do think blaming the actual band members for this is stupid. Wtf do they know about electrical safety on a movie set? Anyway, Netflix can afford this. Their insurance might even cover it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,029
    edited March 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    Wtf do they know about electrical safety on a movie set? 
    goldrush said:

the Dirt producers, including Mötley Crüe's Nikki Six, Vince Neil, Tommy Lee and Mick Mars, are liable for failing to address electrical hazards near The Munch Factory restaurant, 

They were producers on the film. I don't know how it works law-wise, but a producer is responsible for the production.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,556
    PJ_Soul said:
    Wtf do they know about electrical safety on a movie set? 
    goldrush said:

the Dirt producers, including Mötley Crüe's Nikki Six, Vince Neil, Tommy Lee and Mick Mars, are liable for failing to address electrical hazards near The Munch Factory restaurant, 

They were producers on the film. I don't know how it works law-wise, but a producer is responsible for the production.
    I realize they're producers, but I'm pretty sure that not every single producer who works on a movie is considered responsible for that kind of thing, since there are several other producers. The band aren't even executive producers or even regular producers. They are all "co-producers", which I'm pretty sure puts them at the bottom of the responsibility list as far as this incident goes. Here is the full list of producers:

Barbara Fiorentino ... co-producer
    Steve Kline ... executive producer
    Allen Kovac ... producer
    Tommy Lee ... co-producer
    Michelle Manning ... executive producer
    Mick Mars ... co-producer
    Vince Neil ... co-producer
    Chris Nilsson ... executive producer
    Erik Olsen ... producer
    Ben Ormand ... executive producer
    Nikki Sixx ... co-producer
    Ron Tansingco ... co-producer
    Julie Yorn ... producer
    Rick Yorn ... executive producer

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    Being an insurance broker and knowing a few things about Liability. I’d say he’s got to go after everyone. The band members Likely walk away fine but he’s got to go after them all in order to maximize his chances at the biggest payout he can get. 
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    I watched the first half last night (would have watched more but my daughter came home and it was a bit too much drugs and debauchery to watch with her) I personally thought it was great fun though. :lol: I'm more of a 90's child, but I know some Motley Crue.  I vaguely remember the Vince Neil car accident.. Woww. Never knew Mick Mars was so much older and suffered so much with his health and never realized Tommy Lee was so care free and happy in his younger days. He seemed very sweet and innocent.  My first real introduction to him (after Home Sweet Home) was the Pam Anderson/sex tape era... Not innocent at ALL. I had to look up the guy that played him. Machine Gun Kelly .. don't know a thing about him except from Google that he's a rapper. Amazing transformation.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,736
    I really enjoy watching biopics about music, even if I'm not a fan of the band or musician.  I would definitely watch this one if the emphasis was on the music aspects but from what I keep hearing about it, apparently it's more a sex and drugs movie than a rock and roll movie.  Ho hum, I'll pass.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.