Options

Motley Crue "The Dirt"

Is anyone interested in this?

https://www.facebook.com/MotleyCrue/videos/the-dirt-trailer-netflix/286426565361049/

Watching the trailer brings back a lot of memories.  I read a lot about these guys over the years and they partied hard.

One of my favorite Motley Crue stories was one with Ozzy and him snorting ants.

Comments

• Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    Is anyone interested in this?

https://www.facebook.com/MotleyCrue/videos/the-dirt-trailer-netflix/286426565361049/

Watching the trailer brings back a lot of memories.  I read a lot about these guys over the years and they partied hard.

One of my favorite Motley Crue stories was one with Ozzy and him snorting ants.

I cant wait to see this.

My fave story was the Ants with Ozzy too

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    Oh.
    Hell.
    Yes!

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,149
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,870
    me and my wife are going to get our Crue on when this comes out. I'm not a huge fan, but it will be entertaining I'm sure. 

she loves all the hair metal stuff. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,406
    Pretty sure that this will be much, much, much more PG than the book was... Not sure if Netflix is willing to feature scenes with ping pong balls and daughters calling parents...

By the way, if you haven’t read the book, you really should.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,313
    This should be fun to watch. Think I'll be on my own though as my wife is not a fan.

Motley Crue are still a bit of a guilty pleasure for me. I first started getting seriously into music around the Theater/Girls/Feelgood era, and I still enjoy listening to some of their stuff every now and then. I caught the co-headline tour they did with Kiss a few years back (Vince still can't sing for shit, but that was never really the point was it?!)

I follow Nikki on Instagram, some of his photography is amazing. I used to follow Tommy too, but he blocked me! Fucker.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    Pretty sure that this will be much, much, much more PG than the book was... Not sure if Netflix is willing to feature scenes with ping pong balls and daughters calling parents...

By the way, if you haven’t read the book, you really should.

I really hope that they don't hold back and just give us all the "Dirt".

Having said that, im with you. I have a feeling my expectations will be too high and they wont deliver like the book does.

• Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,492
    I read this book when it 1st came out years ago and loved it, thought it was a great read. I don't have Netflix and I am actually thinking about getting Netflix just because of this show coming out. Think it will be good 
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,102
    I really like the early days and those stories.

I saw that it touched on the early pyrotechnics that Sixx would do.  Blackie Lawless from WASP taught him that, lol.

The whole sunset strip had bands that were friends so I'm hoping that does get mention.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Probably one of my favorite first paragraphs ever. Bullwinkle. :lol:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Her name was Bullwinkle. We called her that because she had a face like a moose. But Tommy, even though he could get any girl he wanted on the Sunset Strip, would not break up with her. He loved her and wanted to marry her, he kept telling us, because she could spray her cum across the room.
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Her name was Bullwinkle. We called her that because she had a face like a moose. But Tommy, even though he could get any girl he wanted on the Sunset Strip, would not break up with her. He loved her and wanted to marry her, he kept telling us, because she could spray her cum across the room.
    :rofl:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,261
    Great book.
    Hopefully the movie can somewhat do it justice.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Didn't Bullwinkle stink up their van with her ejaculate or something?

Also, the Mick Mars chapters are cuckoo. That dude be like ...

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,150
    Douche rock at its finest. Sorry Crue lovers! Happy you get your movie though : )
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Douche rock at its finest. Sorry Crue lovers! Happy you get your movie though : )
    I would say nickelback takes that title.

you know, I always make fun of my wife's taste in music. I liked the crue prior to the seattle takeover. along with all the other hair metal and actual metal. But I always knew something was missing (for me, anyway). 

aside from all the horrible messaging to males and females in their music, there is an element of fun that people just tend to enjoy. I can't begrudge them for that. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    We have different definitions of douche rock, my friend. I would probably put Bob Seger at the top of the douche rock heap, barely winning out against Billy Joel. ("Turn the Page" put him over the top. A five-minute bitchfest about how hard it is being a rock star? Eat a bag of cruddy dicks, you fucking douchelord!)

Mötley Crüe is more sleaze rock.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    We have different definitions of douche rock, my friend. I would probably put Bob Seger at the top of the douche rock heap, barely winning out against Billy Joel. ("Turn the Page" put him over the top. A five-minute bitchfest about how hard it is being a rock star? Eat a bag of cruddy dicks, you fucking douchelord!)

Mötley Crüe is more sleaze rock.
    And spawned a whole genre/way of living.

The Crue were definitely douchey but it wasn't looked at that way back then.  It would be considered Toxic Masculinity today, lol.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,149
    JUST GIVE ME THE DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRT
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    You would likely not enjoy this book.  It is wonderful, imo.

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,150
    Haha! I stand corrected. Sleaze rock. Got it! Love to you all :heart:
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Can't wait to see this film!! I was a total Crüe head as a young one and honestly still rock the first 2 records from time to time. 
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    DukeSpiritDukeSpirit Posts: 278
    H.Chinaski said:⁰
    Can't wait to see this film!! I was a total Crüe head as a young one and honestly still rock the first 2 records from time to time. 
    The first 2 albums are fantastic. After that there's some good stuff on each one. But also lots of filler. 

Looking forward to the movie. Loved the book. 
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,357
    Ah, Motley Crue...my first concert...Dr Feelgood tour...those back up singers sure were exciting to a 16-year old boy! Donna and Emi?
  • Options
    Read the book I posted above, MS, you will shed any hesitation you have about proudly proclaiming your love for the music of that time.
    It is pretty funny and after reading I went and picked up a slew of records from the time that I had not listened to in years.  I still love it, still know more lyrics than I do for any other genre/time period, and I embrace the obvious things about 80s Hair Metal that others dump on.
    Great fun rocking out to that music, and Crue is a big part of it.  For sure my favorites from about 84-89-ish. 
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,048
    edited March 2019
    rummy said:
    Ah, Motley Crue...my first concert...Dr Feelgood tour...those back up singers sure were exciting to a 16-year old boy! Donna and Emi?
    Great tour!!! I was a senior in high school.  Man, did we get fucked up that night.  Yes, the back up singers were hot!!!  Tommy Lee's drum solo was pretty amazing. B)
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    rummy said:
    Great tour!!! I was a senior in high school.  Man, did we get fucked up that night.  Yes, the back up singers were hot!!!  Tommy Lee's drum solo was pretty amazing. B)
    so did I and my buddies. that was a wild show. my second or third concert maybe?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Read the book I posted above, MS, you will shed any hesitation you have about proudly proclaiming your love for the music of that time.
    It is pretty funny and after reading I went and picked up a slew of records from the time that I had not listened to in years.  I still love it, still know more lyrics than I do for any other genre/time period, and I embrace the obvious things about 80s Hair Metal that others dump on.
    Great fun rocking out to that music, and Crue is a big part of it.  For sure my favorites from about 84-89-ish. 
    Cool. I'll have to check it out. I've read some 'Killing yourself to Live' by Klosterman and enjoyed it and of course read 'The Dirt'. I don't have the highest hopes for the film adaptation but still can't wait to see it.

Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    I haven't read a decent review yet. I think I'll just stick with having read the book.
    I SAW PEARL JAM