Options

Ohana Fest 2019

Comments

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    Went last year and had a blast with the family, just booked a room at the Laguana Cliffs Marriott, 5 min walk to the venue can’t wait
    Over $1000 CAD a night  :o
  • Options
    Marriot pts 😉
  • Options
    weremin23weremin23 Posts: 307
    Marriot pts 😉
    I feel like it’ll take years for me to get used to saying Bonvoy Points instead of Marriott Points
  • Options
    peacepeace Posts: 55
    Headliners Friday-The Strokes, Saturday-Eddie, Sunday-Red Hot Chili Peppers. Awwwwwwwww!!!! Love Saturday and Sunday!!
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    PJNB said:
    Went last year and had a blast with the family, just booked a room at the Laguana Cliffs Marriott, 5 min walk to the venue can’t wait
    Over $1000 CAD a night  :o
    the Hilton was about half that last time i looked, and it's across the street from the festival.  was able to book it last year in Feb for a couple hundred a night. booked again a couple weeks ago, but they already had the prices up around 400 a night thurs-mon. 
  • Options
    I reserved an ocean view double bed room at the Hilton  for $1,723.00. It also has a sitting room with a fold out couch.This is checking in on Thursday and checking out Monday. 
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    peace said:
    Headliners Friday-The Strokes, Saturday-Eddie, Sunday-Red Hot Chili Peppers. Awwwwwwwww!!!! Love Saturday and Sunday!!
    I'm probably most excited about The Strokes on Friday, but I'm psyched for all three. I can't remember ever going to a 3-day fest where all 3 headliners were among my all-time favorite artists. The undercard hasn't even been announced yet and I'm already committed to showing up early to get as close to the rail as possible all three days.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    sarahnlucassarahnlucas Canada Posts: 1
    Does anyone have a guess as to when the tickets will go on sale for 10 club members? We went last year but can't remember when tickets were made available.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    I can not remember if it is a 10C event or not. Tickets are not hard to obtain. Even close to the festival tickets were available. 
  • Options
    TinanineaTinaninea Posts: 36
    From last year’s email: 

Pre-sale Start: Tuesday, May 1st 10amPacific
    Pre-sale End: Friday, May 4th 10am Pacific

Ten Club pre-sale ticket options:

1. One-day GA festival admission tickets are $74.75
    2. Three-day GA festival admission passes are $215.00
    3. One-day VIP admission tickets are $459.00
    4. Three-day VIP admission passes are $1,040.00
    *Prices listed before fees.

Public tickets go on sale Friday, May 4th at 10:00 AM PT at www.TheOhanaFest.com. Public ticket prices range from $99.75 - $1,200.00 before fees.  
  • Options
    Thank you !!
  • Options
    I believe last year there was a ten club discount which pretty much waived service fees
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    Does anyone have a guess as to when the tickets will go on sale for 10 club members? We went last year but can't remember when tickets were made available.
    Thanks!
    I imagine the lineup announcement and on-sale is soon. With these headliner hints occurring this weekend, I’d think it’s possible we could see the rest of the lineup this week and ticket on-sale shortly thereafter.
    As pointed out above, the lineup announcement + ticket on-sale last year was at the end of April/early May. With the festival market becoming increasingly crowded and competitive each year, Ohana may be trying to get a jump on things and announce earlier with other SoCal festivals like Arroyo Seco expected to announce their lineup soon as well.
  • Options

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I'm not a big Strokes fan but I can imagine they put on a good show.  Them, Eddie, Incubus, Glen, Laura Jane, RHCP, Jenny, Jack.  Heck of a weekend!
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048
    ISO EV 2019 Ohana Zippo please and thanks! Will buy yours too!
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,242
    Hmm, this is a pretty nice lineup. I would love to go Saturday and Sunday. Crunching the numbers, pretty good prices for airfare. This would be a fun trip.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    kasedoug said:

ive seen donavon frankenreiter a couple of times. he's a cool chill dude ;)  perfect for this festival set up. 
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,931
    Very tempted to pull the trigger on this and go.  Saw the Strokes open up for Foo Fighters last year and they were great.  
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    jacquelyncajacquelynca Yay Area CA Posts: 372
    Hell yes!!!!  It so pays to be in the 10C!!!  See you all there in September!!!
    IG and twitter - @jacquelynincali

1994 - Bridge School Benefit, Shoreline Mountain View CA
    *** 1995 - 2015 High School, College, Broke, Having Kids***
    2016 - Temple of the Dog, Bill Graham Civic Center Auditorium, San Francisco CA
    2017 - Eddie Vedder, Bourbon and Beyond, Louisville KY
    2018 - The Home Shows, Show 2, Seattle WA
    2019 - Eddie Vedder, Ohana Fest, Dana Point CA
    2020- Oakland Nights 1 and 2
    2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

"Watch out for music. It should come with a health warning. It can be dangerous. It can make you feel so alive, so connected to the people around you, and connected to what you really are inside. And it can make you think that the world should, and could, be a much better place. And just occasionally, it can make you very, very happy." -Peter Gabriel
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418
    ISO EV 2019 Ohana Zippo please and thanks! Will buy yours too!
    This guy plays on expert, people!
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,159
    im in...….airline tix from NYC to LAX are pretty damn cheap

reserved a hotel a few days back

so what is the savings using 10c?
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,248
    CROJAM95 said:

Have you been to SoCal before? If not, I recommend looking at flying into Orange County or San Diego instead of LAX; it's a long drive from LAX to south OC.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:

No service fees. In years past, service fees have been roughly $20-$25 per day on single day tickets or around $60 on a 3-day pass.
  • Options
    love this festival, and will most likely go every year- only gripe i have, it is overpriced.  no way this festival should be pushing 400 American for a GA pass.  should be closer to 200 than 400.  
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    love this festival, and will most likely go every year- only gripe i have, it is overpriced.  no way this festival should be pushing 400 American for a GA pass.  should be closer to 200 than 400.  
    The site is a lot smaller than most festivals. I think the $100 per day price tag they've had the past few years is pretty fair, since the average concert tickets for some of those headliners is around $100. Seems like the price has scaled up a bit this year due to booking those headliners I imagine. Also, the past couple years in the weeks leading up to the fest, 3-day passes could be had pretty easily for less than face.

However, glad I won't have to worry about it this year though because I just scored passes on the radio!!!
    Post edited by kasedoug on
  • Options
    kasedoug said:
    The site is a lot smaller than most festivals. I think the $100 per day price tag they've had the past is pretty fair, since the average concert tickets for some of those headliners is around $100. Seems like the price has scaled up a bit this year due to booking those headliners I imagine. Also, the past couple years in the weeks leading up to the fest, 3-day passes could be had pretty easily for less than face.

However, glad I won't have to worry about it this year though because I just scored passes on the radio!!!
    nice score.  ya, i believe last year was 275 + 60 in fees.  this year with fees will be over 400.  350 through presale.  as kasedoug said, passes could be had for much less come june/july when people start dumping off extras.  i paid 150 for my 2017 and 200 for 2018 passes. will most likely go this route again.  
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    kasedoug said:
    The site is a lot smaller than most festivals. I think the $100 per day price tag they've had the past is pretty fair, since the average concert tickets for some of those headliners is around $100. Seems like the price has scaled up a bit this year due to booking those headliners I imagine. Also, the past couple years in the weeks leading up to the fest, 3-day passes could be had pretty easily for less than face.

nice score.  ya, i believe last year was 275 + 60 in fees.  this year with fees will be over 400.  350 through presale.  as kasedoug said, passes could be had for much less come june/july when people start dumping off extras.  i paid 150 for my 2017 and 200 for 2018 passes. will most likely go this route again.  
    Won't the Chilli Peppers draw make tickets hard this time around though? 
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    PJNB said:
    kasedoug said:

Won't the Chilli Peppers draw make tickets hard this time around though? 
    The Strokes + the Chili Peppers are both high-selling headliners. I wouldn't be surprised if festival tickets actually sell out at some point this year (they never have in years past).
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,242
    What's parking like around the concert area? Looking at finding a place to stay about 10-15 minutes away.
    It's a hopeless situation...