Ohana Fest 2019

Comments

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,242
    CROJAM95 said:
    im in...….airline tix from NYC to LAX are pretty damn cheap

reserved a hotel a few days back

so what is the savings using 10c?

Have you been to SoCal before? If not, I recommend looking at flying into Orange County or San Diego instead of LAX; it's a long drive from LAX to south OC.
    Thanks for the tip! I found tickets for half the price of LAX just by flying in to San Diego; $274 roundtrip for 2 is a steal.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    tbergs said:
    What's parking like around the concert area? Looking at finding a place to stay about 10-15 minutes away.
    There's parking in the Doheny State Beach lots for $20 per day on the festival days. The parking in the lots immediately next to the entrance fills up fairly quickly each morning, but there is parking further down the beach and they run free shuttles up and down the lots throughout the day. 
    Also, there's offsite parking at the San Clemente Outlets and a shuttle from there. That one costs money per day. I've always been there early enough to park in the Doheny lots so maybe someone else that's taken the paid shuttle from the Outlets can speak to that.
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    PJNB said:
    kasedoug said:
    love this festival, and will most likely go every year- only gripe i have, it is overpriced.  no way this festival should be pushing 400 American for a GA pass.  should be closer to 200 than 400.  
    The site is a lot smaller than most festivals. I think the $100 per day price tag they've had the past is pretty fair, since the average concert tickets for some of those headliners is around $100. Seems like the price has scaled up a bit this year due to booking those headliners I imagine. Also, the past couple years in the weeks leading up to the fest, 3-day passes could be had pretty easily for less than face.

However, glad I won't have to worry about it this year though because I just scored passes on the radio!!!
    nice score.  ya, i believe last year was 275 + 60 in fees.  this year with fees will be over 400.  350 through presale.  as kasedoug said, passes could be had for much less come june/july when people start dumping off extras.  i paid 150 for my 2017 and 200 for 2018 passes. will most likely go this route again.  
    Won't the Chilli Peppers draw make tickets hard this time around though? 
    The Strokes + the Chili Peppers are both high-selling headliners. I wouldn't be surprised if festival tickets actually sell out at some point this year (they never have in years past).
    not sure they're any more in demand than last years other headlines.  I'd think Eric Church and Mumford are selling as many tickets these days as the strokes and peppers.  maybe i'm wrong. 
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    kasedoug said:
    love this festival, and will most likely go every year- only gripe i have, it is overpriced.  no way this festival should be pushing 400 American for a GA pass.  should be closer to 200 than 400.  
    The site is a lot smaller than most festivals. I think the $100 per day price tag they've had the past few years is pretty fair, since the average concert tickets for some of those headliners is around $100. Seems like the price has scaled up a bit this year due to booking those headliners I imagine. Also, the past couple years in the weeks leading up to the fest, 3-day passes could be had pretty easily for less than face.

However, glad I won't have to worry about it this year though because I just scored passes on the radio!!!
    CONGRATS on scoring the passes buddy!!!
    #YouDaMan  :plus_one:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    TinanineaTinaninea Posts: 36
    For those that have been to this:
    Regarding shade & sun, what is the stage setup like? The last beach festival I attended was Deluna in the Florida panhandle & the stage was set facing east so that around 2:00 the crowd started getting some shade & the sun wasn't in the performer's eyes. And the beach was visible for everyone (crowd & performers.) Obviously, this setup on the west coast would completely block out the ocean view. So what's it like? I need to know just how much sunblock is required.
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    derbydave said:
    Thank you!!!! Grateful to have tickets punched prior to the on-sale.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    kasedoug said:
    derbydave said:
    Thank you!!!! Grateful to have tickets punched prior to the on-sale.
    Your IG post was AWESOME...
    dusty radio and all!!! :rofl:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    peacepeace Posts: 55
    Tinaninea said:
    Regarding shade & sun, what is the stage setup like? The last beach festival I attended was Deluna in the Florida panhandle & the stage was set facing east so that around 2:00 the crowd started getting some shade & the sun wasn't in the performer's eyes. And the beach was visible for everyone (crowd & performers.) Obviously, this setup on the west coast would completely block out the ocean view. So what's it like? I need to know just how much sunblock is required.
    The stage faces the ocean and the smaller stage is a few feet away from the larger. You will be in the sun all day. High SPF sunblock is a requirement. 
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,159
    CROJAM95 said:
    im in...….airline tix from NYC to LAX are pretty damn cheap

reserved a hotel a few days back

so what is the savings using 10c?

Have you been to SoCal before? If not, I recommend looking at flying into Orange County or San Diego instead of LAX; it's a long drive from LAX to south OC.
    Go pretty much every year, love SoCal.... I think I’m going to Dodgers/Padres game at Petco the Thursday before

the lineup looks great, always wanted to go to this festival... looks amazing 
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432
    My 2 cents on the Ohana:

Most of the hotels in walking distance are all booked, but there are lots of other hotels a few miles away.

The shuttle from the outlet mall is convenient, but it requires quite the long wait after the show unless you don't mind missing the encore(s).

If you get to the venue early enough, there is public parking, and depending on how early you get there, can be a 5 minute walk, or a 15-20 minute walk from the entrance.  We parked about 15 minutes away last year, and were able to exit the lot quite easily since we parked so far away (we didn't have to deal with the main venue exit.)

Getting an Uber to the venue is easy, and as with most big shows, it is a bit difficult after the show unless you bolt-out a bit early.

Last year, it got pretty cold at night, so it is a good idea to bring a hoody.

Zippos are difficult to score.

Posters are usually in bountiful supply.
  • Options
    JadlerJadler Posts: 705
    I would love to see a version of aqueous transmission with Incubus/ Eddie. I’m stoked for this. Great line up! Thanks for all the good info so far listed above. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    Any camping nearby? My wife is trying to talk me into this....
  • Options
    jayandleajayandlea Australia Posts: 4
    PJNB said:
    LOL my husband is as well, you know get flights from Australia, hotel and 3 day pass.... just doing the sums, its starting to add up!!
  • Options
    gleng2gleng2 Detroit Posts: 157
    Ohana is amazing.  If you have the money. Keep checking out the Monarch Beach resort.  We paid about $400 a night. But I have never stayed in a nicer hotel. Only about 10 mins from Doheny,  but usually around $600+ a night.  

VIP is cool.   But wayyyyyyy overpriced. You would be better off giving someone $200 to save you a spot upfront and taking the extra $100 savings and getting drunk.  
    Former member of “Thomas 9” 10-2-2018 #neverforget
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 757
    weremin23 said:
    Marriot pts 😉
    I feel like it’ll take years for me to get used to saying Bonvoy Points instead of Marriott Points
    Nobody will ever say Bonvoy Points. There is a Residence Inn up the hill that is the cheapest place on points, I believe. 
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    yield2me said:
    Wow I'd love to see them with Ed but festivals really suck. I think my festival days are done.
    yield2me said:
    Wow I'd love to see them with Ed but festivals really suck. I think my festival days are done.
    This particular festival has been very chill. Different than bigger festivals. However, I'm going to guess this year will be different for the worse. 
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 539
    I've never had a more pleasant experience at a festival than Ohana. I've gone the last 2 years, just hoping this year doesn't get too crazy because of the bigger headliners. It's pretty easy to see Ed up close since mostly everyone lays down on blankets so probably not worth it to get VIP
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
  • Options
    pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,820
    Anyone know if Airbnb (or similar) is an option in this area? Compared to mid level hotels? 
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Options
    jacquelyncajacquelynca Yay Area CA Posts: 372
    PJNB said:
    My husband and i are thinking of camping as well, we love camping!  We’re looking at San Clemente state beach.  You make reservations 6 months ahead at reserve California 
    IG and twitter - @jacquelynincali

1994 - Bridge School Benefit, Shoreline Mountain View CA
    *** 1995 - 2015 High School, College, Broke, Having Kids***
    2016 - Temple of the Dog, Bill Graham Civic Center Auditorium, San Francisco CA
    2017 - Eddie Vedder, Bourbon and Beyond, Louisville KY
    2018 - The Home Shows, Show 2, Seattle WA
    2019 - Eddie Vedder, Ohana Fest, Dana Point CA
    2020- Oakland Nights 1 and 2
    2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

"Watch out for music. It should come with a health warning. It can be dangerous. It can make you feel so alive, so connected to the people around you, and connected to what you really are inside. And it can make you think that the world should, and could, be a much better place. And just occasionally, it can make you very, very happy." -Peter Gabriel
  • Options
    TinanineaTinaninea Posts: 36
    peace said:
    Tinaninea said:
    The stage faces the ocean and the smaller stage is a few feet away from the larger. You will be in the sun all day. High SPF sunblock is a requirement. 
    Thanks for the info, that's what I figured. 
  • Options
    pjpitt89 said:
    Anyone know if Airbnb (or similar) is an option in this area? Compared to mid level hotels? 
    Yes, it is. I am exclusively looking on there. Lots of great options for around $100 or less. I would say most are better than hotels because they are basically offering you the same thing at a much cheaper price and access to a full kitchen if you want to save even more $$$.
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    Do yourself a favor and check out Dustin Kensrue's work.  Hes the lead singer of Thrice but does some pretty cool solo bluesy folky stuff.  His acoustic covers album is really great too. 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    In for Saturday - $287 for the pair.
    Pretty bad setup for the sale.  The dates were wrong in one place and you have to pick the day not the date under the purchase page.  Would help if they had the date/headliner there to confirm.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    $783 for a pair of 3-day passes. That's a hell of a lot but oh well, this lineup will be worth it.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    My husband and i are thinking of camping as well, we love camping!  We’re looking at San Clemente state beach.  You make reservations 6 months ahead at reserve California 
    San Clemente is great -- camped there last October.  But you can also camp at Doheny.  Tough to get a spot and again 6 months from the date.  You'd be easy walking distance!
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • Options
    In for a pair on Saturday. Thinking about Sunday as well, but I may wait and see on that one before I go all in. Going to make this trip a mini-vacation in SoCal.
  • Options
    White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,812
    Hampton Inn & Suites in Mission Viejo is around $130 a night and only 8 miles away.  They must not no the festival is going on. We will party there!!!

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432
    Quite the jump in price for a 1-day wristband.....$100 last year (non-discounted).......$127 this year
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,460
    Forgive my ignorance but where are these on sale at now???
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    TJ25487 said:
    Forgive my ignorance but where are these on sale at now???
    Presale Link: ohanafest.frontgatetickets.com
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale