Options

Should PJ ever do Super Bowl half-time show?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    vant0037 said:
    SHZA said:
    They don't fit the mold of what the NFL is looking for these days for the halftime show. The last rock act was The Who 11 years ago. Since then it's been all mainstream pop / hip-hop (Black eyed peas, madonna, beyonce, bruno mars, katy perry, coldplay/beyonce/bruno, lady gaga, j.timberlake, maroon 5, j.lo/shakira, weeknd). 

Even if rock bands were a viable option, PJ doesn't have the same level of mainstream popularity as the Stones, etc. 
    Bingo.  PJ as a band, to those dedicated members of its fan club on this little bubble of an online board, is huge.  To the rest of the musical world, they’re not really that relevant and haven’t been for a while. (And before anyone throws out the whole Rock HoF induction as evidence of relevance...I submit to you another moderately irrelevant institution).  It’s not so much a question of “should they” as it is “could they.”  I love this band and have spent so much time and energy and money to see them.  But they’re just not on that level.

All that aside, I think it’d be cool IF they did their Ten hits only.  Sue me. Lol

And I will give a "bingo" to you! Great points all around.
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    No
  • Options
    Are they big enough to be asked? Yes. Should they? No. 
  • Options
    vant0037 said:
    SHZA said:
    They don't fit the mold of what the NFL is looking for these days for the halftime show. The last rock act was The Who 11 years ago. Since then it's been all mainstream pop / hip-hop (Black eyed peas, madonna, beyonce, bruno mars, katy perry, coldplay/beyonce/bruno, lady gaga, j.timberlake, maroon 5, j.lo/shakira, weeknd). 

Even if rock bands were a viable option, PJ doesn't have the same level of mainstream popularity as the Stones, etc. 
    Bingo.  PJ as a band, to those dedicated members of its fan club on this little bubble of an online board, is huge.  To the rest of the musical world, they’re not really that relevant and haven’t been for a while. (And before anyone throws out the whole Rock HoF induction as evidence of relevance...I submit to you another moderately irrelevant institution).  It’s not so much a question of “should they” as it is “could they.”  I love this band and have spent so much time and energy and money to see them.  But they’re just not on that level.

All that aside, I think it’d be cool IF they did their Ten hits only.  Sue me. Lol

On point 
    Ft. Laud 96, WPB I and II 98, WPB I and II 2000, San Sebastian, Spain 2000, WPB 03, Tampa 03, MSG I and II 03, Kissimmee 04, Atlantic City I and II 05, Mansfield I 08, Toronto 09, Noblesville 10, Alpine Valley I and II 11, Wrigley 13, Baltimore 13, Ft. Lauderdale 2016, Miami 2016, Wrigley 2 2016