Options

Eddie vedder EU tour 2019

Comments

• Options
    one_stoneone_stone Posts: 291
    edited March 2019
    biga said:
    Hello everybody,
    I haven't posted in the thread before, but I am monitoring it very carefully. I have already decided to skip Florenze, because of the travelling plans made before that would be hard to fit with this trip and I was there in 2017. That is the reason why I put all my faith into the rest of the tour, especially targeting Berlin.

So, is there any chance that there won't be rest of the tour? That these 3 dates will be all that happens. This silence is very disturbing. And it leaves very small amount of time to organize everything.

Best regards,
    Igor

biga said:
    Hello everybody,
    I haven't posted in the thread before, but I am monitoring it very carefully. I have already decided to skip Florenze, because of the travelling plans made before that would be hard to fit with this trip and I was there in 2017. That is the reason why I put all my faith into the rest of the tour, especially targeting Berlin.

So, is there any chance that there won't be rest of the tour? That these 3 dates will be all that happens. This silence is very disturbing. And it leaves very small amount of time to organize everything.

Best regards,
    Igor
    My opinion on all the "silence" and "no more dates" stuff here and on FB is (without having any more info than anybody else) quite optimistic.

Let's look at the facts:

* 3 confirmed dates already, so Eddie will be in Europe
    * timespan between the announced dates is 20 days, so I doubt he will just sit around on vacation in Europe without any more shows in between
    * 2017 EU Tour was announced on March 6 (or around that date... see somewhere else in this thread) - compared to this we are still good on time

The only difference to 2017 is that we got the first dates in early February and the rumors about the rest of the dates are already very location / date specific - So if anything, our rumor-mill works much better than 2017 and our expectations and impatience are higher, because we have already some sort of confirmation.... In 2017 at this time we had less concrete info about the tour and nothing announced yet and still the overall sentiment was much more positive...

With that being said I completely understand everybody who wants to know the final / confirmed dates already to finalize planning and booking. I'm also checking flight prices on an almost daily basis and have a major scheduling problem if the rumored date I would love to do is just one day off from the rumor :)
    Post edited by one_stone on
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,813
    It all goes back to people that are on this forum that are in the know. That is the only reason we knew about the 2017 full tour in advance and that is the only reason we knew about the full tour in 2019. After the Italy shows were announced it would have been easy to guess that there was more then the 1 off in London but still having insider info from some great forum members is the only real reason the hype is as strong as it is imo. 
  • Options
    one_stoneone_stone Posts: 291
    PJNB said:
    It all goes back to people that are on this forum that are in the know. That is the only reason we knew about the 2017 full tour in advance and that is the only reason we knew about the full tour in 2019. After the Italy shows were announced it would have been easy to guess that there was more then the 1 off in London but still having insider info from some great forum members is the only real reason the hype is as strong as it is imo. 
    That's exactly one of the points I wanted to make! The insider infos that built the rumors that built the hype (which I find almost as exiting as the actual announcement in the end).

The little difference to 2017 is that (at least in my memory) the "well informed rumors" were starting later / closer to the actual announcement...
  • Options
    Jamer196Jamer196 Posts: 346
    Think if this is still happening will only take place in festivals, not exclusive venues 
  • Options
    weremin23weremin23 Posts: 307
    Jamer196 said:
    Think if this is still happening will only take place in festivals, not exclusive venues 
    That would be a disappointment 
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,882
    Jamer196 said:
    Disagree.  They're not just gonna keep their crew sitting around all week to play a show or two on the weekends.  The panic around here...
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,813
    Jamer196 said:
    Disagree.  They're not just gonna keep their crew sitting around all week to play a show or two on the weekends.  The panic around here...
    Lol. Heard that before. Remember GCF ?
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Jamer196 said:
    That was a one-off.  Fly to NY, play the show, fly back.  They're not gonna pay the crew to vacation in Europe all week or fly back and forth to the U.S. between festival shows.
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,907
    nicknyr15 said:
    Jamer196 said:
    That was a one-off.  Fly to NY, play the show, fly back.  They're not gonna pay the crew to vacation in Europe all week or fly back and forth to the U.S. between festival shows.
    Ed in South Africa?  Rock in roll hall of fame show?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,907
    Holy back and forth:

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Jamer196 said:
    Ed in South Africa?  Rock in roll hall of fame show?
    Those are both one-off shows. Geez. 
  • Options
    Ms0331Ms0331 United States Posts: 81
    Any chance the remaining EV European dates are announced tomorrow or this week?  I am looking forward and getting very excited to finalize a trip with my son.  I am hoping we can plan the trip around seeing a couple EV shows and also Foo Fighters/Cure at Hurricane Festival and Foo Fighters at Lollapalooza Sweden!

Anyone have additional information? 

Dimi?
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,971
    A lot of people (me aswell) are waiting for the announcement to book job vacations... O really hope tomorrow or at least by friday the dates are out...
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,073
    edited March 2019
    Is the Barolo show a festival or a concert?

Will he play any other date in italy?

Asked my mom who's turning 60 this year -- and who hasn't really traveled in her life -- what place in the world would be the place she would most want to visit in her life. And she said northern Italy...   Maybe it's a sign I should take her to the Barolo-show...
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    neddie vedderneddie vedder 93 million miles from the sun Posts: 191

Asked my mom who's turning 60 this years -- and who hasn't really traveled in her life -- what place in the world would be the place she would most want to visit in her life. And she said northern Italy...   Maybe it's a sign I should take her to the Barolo-show...
    He’s playing 2 shows in Italy, the Barolo one and a festival in Florence (I’m going to both) but the Barolo show is sold out now as it only holds 8,000.. 
    still tickets left for the Florence show but not pit tickets (which I luckily managed to bag)
    Manchester 09, Hyde Park 10, Berlin 10, Manchester 1+2 2012, EV Manchester 2012, EV London 1+2 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, EV London 1+2 2017, EV Dublin 2017, London 2018, Milan 2018, Padova 2018, Rome 2018, Berlin 2018, EV Florence 2019, EV Barolo 2019, EV Madrid 2019, Berlin 2022, London 1+2 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022

• Options

Asked my mom who's turning 60 this years -- and who hasn't really traveled in her life -- what place in the world would be the place she would most want to visit in her life. And she said northern Italy...   Maybe it's a sign I should take her to the Barolo-show...
    He’s playing 2 shows in Italy, the Barolo one and a festival in Florence (I’m going to both) but the Barolo show is sold out now as it only holds 8,000.. 
    still tickets left for the Florence show but not pit tickets (which I luckily managed to bag)
    Hmm. Okey. Was the Barolo show seated or standing?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    edited March 2019
    It appears that there was only one ticket type on sale for that show, so I am going to guess that it was all standing. I could be totally wrong though.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    Annoucement later in the day!!! 

just kidding .... :)
  • Options
    elenelen Milan, Italy Posts: 188
    It appears that there was only one ticket type on sale for that show, so I am going to guess that it was all standing. I could be totally wrong though.
    Yes, Barolo is standing only.
    2006: Verona, Milano, Honolulu
    2007: London
    2014: Milano
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway1, Fenway2, Wrigley1, Wrigley2
    2018: London1, Milano, Padova, Roma
  • Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    Are you going to that show, or any of the other Italian shows elen? I really hope we get some news about a date or 2 in Ireland sometime soon.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    elenelen Milan, Italy Posts: 188
    Right now I'm in for Florence (pit ticket) and London. I'm waiting for Ireland, too!
    2006: Verona, Milano, Honolulu
    2007: London
    2014: Milano
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway1, Fenway2, Wrigley1, Wrigley2
    2018: London1, Milano, Padova, Roma
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    The admin of Wuhlheide Facebook page has woken up, just updated the background image. Hopefully doing something else too.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    mrk2 said:
    The admin of Wuhlheide Facebook page has woken up, just updated the background image. Hopefully doing something else too.
    lets hope for an afternoon announcement....
  • Options
    just_one said:
    mrk2 said:
    lets hope for an afternoon announcement....
    well we got a afternoon annoucement... the ohama festival...

goddamn how long do we have to wait for the european tour now?
  • Options
    binaural2002binaural2002 Germany Posts: 2,367
    Maybe till 10th ... newsletter day ...
    Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    96 Zurich - 00 RaR - 07 Munich - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zurich
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf
    Watch my videos on YouTube
    Pearl Jam/ Eddie Vedder Setlist-statistics in Google Drive-document >>>click here<<<
  • Options
    D.FrankD.Frank Posts: 486

No
  • Options
    D.Frank said:

No
    Until the end of the week?
  • Options
    D.FrankD.Frank Posts: 486
    just_one said:
    D.Frank said:

No
    Until the end of the week?
    I hope!
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Did The Who show tanking really change/delay things that much?
  • Options
    I LOVE TO NOT BE ABLE TO PLAN MY SUMMER