The Who with Eddie Vedder July 6th Wembley Stadium

Comments

• raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    A new (probably) EV Euro tour without an EV new album. And the Pearl Jam new album ever farther.
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • radarradar Posts: 767
    NewJPage said:
    "Moving on" -- is it The Whos farewell tour?
    No, that was in 1982
    :)
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Wow. I don’t think it has ever been any less inspiring or unexciting to be a Pearl Jam fan. Eddie pretty much does everything he can to NOT do shows with the rest of the guys.  I know I’ll get bashed for this but this is just one huge yawn for me.  I’m glad there’s so much fresh, exciting stuff in the music world with the up and comers, because this is just starting to get sad.
       Lol. How do u know that Eddie is the one don't wanna go to shows with the rest members of the band or some other band members are the ones  they really dont want to go on tour  so Eddie goes solo? 

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • MoonsunMoonsun Milan, Italy Posts: 32
    Has anyone received the e-mail with the unique password to access the presale?
    "How I choose to feel is how I am."
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited January 2019
    Stone, Jeff, and Matt are seen meeting up for coffee
    (Eddie is not at the table)

its all over!!!! No eleventh album!!!!   He’s ghosting them!

Apply that to any BS gig that Vedder would never show up at anyway.  Anyone who expected him to be at those things is way uninformed.  
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    Wow. I don’t think it has ever been any less inspiring or unexciting to be a Pearl Jam fan. Eddie pretty much does everything he can to NOT do shows with the rest of the guys.  I know I’ll get bashed for this but this is just one huge yawn for me.  I’m glad there’s so much fresh, exciting stuff in the music world with the up and comers, because this is just starting to get sad.
       Lol. How do u know that Eddie is the one don't wanna go to shows with the rest members of the band or some other band members are the ones  they really dont want to go on tour  so Eddie goes solo? 

And I keep seeing people laying it on Ed...
    it seems mike is doing project after project non PJ related but nobody really mentions that. The fact is none of us really know why all five of these guys aren’t getting together as much as we all would like. 
  • Hoping for an EV solo album!
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490

And I keep seeing people laying it on Ed...
    it seems mike is doing project after project non PJ related but nobody really mentions that. The fact is none of us really know why all five of these guys aren’t getting together as much as we all would like. 
    But we can speculate all we want to because there isn't much else to talk about.  None of us know if we are correct or not.  
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    I'm really getting tired of all this negativity!

Jezuz, people, let him have fun please. This is just one date yet. There are hundreds of days this year to meet the other guys for whatever they want to do!
    Instead of freaking out again, you all could be happy and focus on the positive part of that Who gig! 

These comments here are so... childish. We all would like to get some new music. It was said already once or twice here on the boards. ;) As if it would change anything of their plans… We all know nothing!
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Moonsun said:
    Has anyone received the e-mail with the unique password to access the presale?
    10club just sent out emails. 
  • SM187650SM187650 Canada Posts: 683
    Personally I am happy for Eddie.  Can we really blame him for taking advantage of an opportunity to play with his favorite band?  The PJ tour will come once the album is ready, until then let the guy live a little.  The real question is will Eddie still be busting out tracks like "the seeker" and "the kids are alright" in his solo set or will he leave them for the who?
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    SM187650 said:
    Personally I am happy for Eddie.  Can we really blame him for taking advantage of an opportunity to play with his favorite band?  The PJ tour will come once the album is ready, until then let the guy live a little.  The real question is will Eddie still be busting out tracks like "the seeker" and "the kids are alright" in his solo set or will he leave them for the who?
    This guy knows whats up.  
  • iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 773
    SM187650 said:
    Totally agree. When there is inactivity people complain, when EV is doing a show with his favorite band people complain. To me its damn cool he is doing the show, I wish it was in Vancouver! 
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • Wow. I don’t think it has ever been any less inspiring or unexciting to be a Pearl Jam fan. Eddie pretty much does everything he can to NOT do shows with the rest of the guys.  I know I’ll get bashed for this but this is just one huge yawn for me.  I’m glad there’s so much fresh, exciting stuff in the music world with the up and comers, because this is just starting to get sad.
    I don't really get this.  I feel like just LAST year (which was only a bit ago) I saw Pearl Jam in Rome and in Seattle....and Ed was there...and seemed to want to be...and they were amazing!  This feels like reading too much into the CC responses.  Super excited for what PJ has to come, super excited to find a bootleg from the show with The Who.  We are so lucky to have a band we love play music for this long.  
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • It's stones fault
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • It's stones fault
    Ha!  https://vimeo.com/groups/430654/videos/108555158
    11:08
    I guess it's always been true!
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • HepHep Posts: 34
    I havent got my 10 club email.  Have others got them?
  • mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,022
    edited January 2019
    Yes, received about 12 hours ago. The email contains a link and a code, which I assume is personal. 
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Magic_JMagic_J Uk Posts: 28
    Well I’m kinda excited, my dad is a massive Who fan and really likes Ed too. I’m a massive Ed/PJ fan and really like the Who too. So win win for us, other than it being at Wembley but we’ll still give it punt. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    I don't really get this.  I feel like just LAST year (which was only a bit ago) I saw Pearl Jam in Rome and in Seattle....and Ed was there...and seemed to want to be...and they were amazing!  This feels like reading too much into the CC responses.  Super excited for what PJ has to come, super excited to find a bootleg from the show with The Who.  We are so lucky to have a band we love play music for this long.  
    I think the frustration is from the fact that there have been Seven us shows and zero Canadian shows in 2017–2019. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • HepHep Posts: 34
    mrk2 said:
    Yes, received about 12 hours ago. The email contains a link and a code, which I assume is personal. 
    Thanks.  Neither me or my husband have one.  I will contact support.
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    mcgruff10 said:
    I think the frustration is from the fact that there have been Seven us shows and zero Canadian shows in 2017–2019. 
    Yeah.  For me i just made the post because of frustration.  I don’t know if it’s fair to blame Ed, like D said, he’s the one out playing.  I would so much rather open my email and see a note teasing us that the boys were seen walking out of a studio somewhere, instead of a one off cash grab where Ed is opening up or playing with The Who.  I don’t spend much time on this forum these days and I really don’t listen to PJ much anymore either, I just hope for new music and signs that the guys are spending time with each other, and this just wasn’t a big deal to me.  That’s all I was saying I guess.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • LN241653LN241653 Cambridge Posts: 163
    I may have missed it but has there been any info released about how to purchase the tickets? I’m a 10c member so will go for presale if I can, just wondered if anybody had received an email that perhaps I didn’t.
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,923
    LN241653 said:
    I may have missed it but has there been any info released about how to purchase the tickets? I’m a 10c member so will go for presale if I can, just wondered if anybody had received an email that perhaps I didn’t.
    Yes, an email was sent yesterday with a presale code and a link to buy tickets. They go on sale tomorrow.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    TEN CLUB TICKETS
    + Your password can only be used once.
    + There is a 2-ticket limit per member.
    + Tickets range from £65 - £195 each before fees.
    + Minors under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
    + For accessible seating dial 0800 093 0824. (Available Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm GMT)
    + Supplies are limited; ticket availability is not guaranteed.
    Pre-sale LinkHERE

I take it you saw this with you unique code? Did you click on the link it should take you to the presale with some more info. 
  • vercemanverceman Posts: 679
    So angry that the band hasn’t put a new album out that I can complain about not being as good as I think it should be!

so pissed that the band doesn’t announce a new tour so I can complain about how expensive the tickets were that sold out so quickly!

• SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    Seems like just last summer I saw PJ in Rome and Milan.  Rome concert was incredible.
  • Smellyman said
    Rome concert was incredible.
    YES IT WAS!
  • Thanks PeteThanks Pete NYC Posts: 613
    Why is it that If you go to the Ticketmaster UK website and type in The Who you are then directed to a TM site that has two ticket options? One has The Who plus Eddie Vedder -hospitality packages at 17:00. The other just has The Who listed with a 19:00 showtime.