Mobile tickets for 10 Club going forward: Yay or Nay

13»

Comments

• 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,903
    Yay
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    Also, just freaking play more shows.  You play more shows, with tickets at $85 a pop and you will be able to meet more demand, etc atal.

Me personally, I am kinda done with the big cities they draw too many fanclub members.  My biggest regret on 2018, not going with my gut instinct and doing Missoula.  

Yeah. Take the 2010 tour for example. NYC was a mess, but Columbus/Noblesville/Cleveland/Buffalo would have made a nice little run.

Wednesday: Travel to Columbus.
    Thursday: Show
    Friday: Drive to Noblesville, show, drive back to Columbus

(Three nights in Columbus hotel.)

Saturday: Drive to Cleveland.
    Sunday: Show in Cleveland.

Drive to Buffalo.

Either drive back to Columbus for flight home or leave car in Buffalo for flight home.
    I am pretty much done with MSG as a venue to see PJ. Unless they did some sort of surprising thing of playing several shows there or something.  It would be like my last choice shot in the dark if they do GA maybe I get lucky, but would not go all in without reserved seating and multiple shows there.   I am old. I am a snob.
    Barclays is a very nice venue. 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,903
    Yay
    PJNB said:
    Zod said:
    I'm neutral.  The tickets worked fine and we had no problems.   I did miss having ticket stubs, but they worked out a solution (but my tickets are mia :( ).

I agree they weren't any more secure than the old paper tickets.  In fact they were less secure because you can make screenshots.   Now that people know this it seems ripe open for abuse.  Especially because anyone can put in for the best tickets (GA). 

I guess I'm ok either way as I long as there's a show for me to go see :)
    Agreed. If people know they can sell both of their tickets and they do not need to go to the venue then they are going to put in for a lot more shows which is going to make it harder for other fans to get to the show who were going to legitimately show up. Also if people thought that the 2 accounts for one household was bad enough just think of the possibilities of what people can do going forward if they wanted to. 
    The lottery brings a certain level of comfort. People will always find a way to cheat the system and have done so forever with this band but having said that if someone wants to get into a show badly enough they’ll find a way to make it happen.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    Nay
    100 Pacer said:
    PJNB said:
    Zod said:
    I'm neutral.  The tickets worked fine and we had no problems.   I did miss having ticket stubs, but they worked out a solution (but my tickets are mia :( ).

I agree they weren't any more secure than the old paper tickets.  In fact they were less secure because you can make screenshots.   Now that people know this it seems ripe open for abuse.  Especially because anyone can put in for the best tickets (GA). 

I guess I'm ok either way as I long as there's a show for me to go see :)
    Agreed. If people know they can sell both of their tickets and they do not need to go to the venue then they are going to put in for a lot more shows which is going to make it harder for other fans to get to the show who were going to legitimately show up. Also if people thought that the 2 accounts for one household was bad enough just think of the possibilities of what people can do going forward if they wanted to. 
    The lottery brings a certain level of comfort. People will always find a way to cheat the system and have done so forever with this band but having said that if someone wants to get into a show badly enough they’ll find a way to make it happen.
    Yes but the way it is set up now with the mobile tickets it makes it a lot easier for people to abuse the system. I am not going to go into detail here how easy it will be going forward and I am sure that most people have it figured out. I will say though to have a system that lets you sit at home in lets say NY and be able to put in for a show in LA and be able to sell those tickets with ease with out going to the show or having any intentions on doing so is a huge problem imo. At least before you had to buy a plane ticket or travel to the venue. Moving image tickets or ones that change images will help this problem except you can still send someone your log in details. Whether you trust that person or not is another story.  
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    Nay
    100 Pacer said:
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    Also, just freaking play more shows.  You play more shows, with tickets at $85 a pop and you will be able to meet more demand, etc atal.

Me personally, I am kinda done with the big cities they draw too many fanclub members.  My biggest regret on 2018, not going with my gut instinct and doing Missoula.  

Yeah. Take the 2010 tour for example. NYC was a mess, but Columbus/Noblesville/Cleveland/Buffalo would have made a nice little run.

Wednesday: Travel to Columbus.
    Thursday: Show
    Friday: Drive to Noblesville, show, drive back to Columbus

(Three nights in Columbus hotel.)

Saturday: Drive to Cleveland.
    Sunday: Show in Cleveland.

Drive to Buffalo.

Either drive back to Columbus for flight home or leave car in Buffalo for flight home.
    I am pretty much done with MSG as a venue to see PJ. Unless they did some sort of surprising thing of playing several shows there or something.  It would be like my last choice shot in the dark if they do GA maybe I get lucky, but would not go all in without reserved seating and multiple shows there.   I am old. I am a snob.
    Barclays is a very nice venue. 
    To me it is not really that MSG is a bad venue, it is dealing with the over demand for tickets etc.  The way I would go to MSG other than like 10th on my lottery request long shot if it works out it works out, is scoping late release tickets, that is how I scored awesome Mike Side 100s for MSG2 98 and how I ended up with even better Stone side for MSG 1 2003.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652