Options

Knife crime in london

Last night I received  a text from my best friend. It said my wife was out jogging near my house and she found a young man bleeding out . Nobody was around she thought  it was a pile of clothes but noticed an arm. It was 7pm and dark. She phoned an ambulance and performed CPR covered  in a strangers blood all over her face hands and clothes. She says he had stab wounds and money hangimg out of his pocket but no shoes on!Sadly the young man died in her arms.
We live in a village . Outskirts of London. It has happened  in our neighbour city. But not here before. It has filled me to the core I have a son the same age . And the trauma my friends wife has just suffered  is making my heart hurt.  What are we doing to eachother as humans. 
brixton 93
astoria 06
albany 06
hartford 06
reading 06
barcelona 06
paris 06
wembley 07
dusseldorf 07
nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -

Comments

• Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Fucked up.
    This world is becoming scary.

Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Are there any no go zones in London?
    Never been there before. Would like to know incase I ever visit.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    No really it's a culture rather than a place. I've seen south and North London have areas that are gang related. But the kids of a certain age are now carrying knives for "protection" and invariably  this causes a rise in carrying then using in a fight. I mean this is a village so anything "could " happen but  it's so shocking to me as I always felt safe here and my kids . But it has shook me. Especially  as this 22 year old is not a kid and was laying alone on a side street by a school. Not a dodgy area but a normal street . I am SO upset for my friends wife a lovely kind lady. She must be a mess. Trying to save a life that s slipping away in your hands. I just want to cry. Won't  someone save our world. It's fuckin gone 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    So sorry to hear.
    What's a life worth ay? A few dollars stolen. It's messed up.
  • Options
    I will find out more today as I guess it will be the talk of the village. But either way it's disgraceful  somebody  has lost a son .
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,689
    Really sorry to hear about this.  Anymore, in many places it's a bad idea to go out alone, especially at night.  Even here in this small town of Placerville I was attacked that one time.  I never go out alone at night if I can help it.  Damn crazy world.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Same here in my city. Night time is scary.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,689
    Same here in my city. Night time is scary.
    Bummer!  Sorry to hear that.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    I'm so sorry to hear this, feels like London has had a increase in knife and acid attacks also.
    It's so horrible, what's going on ? We've had increased gang violence over here too. 

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Saw on the news the other day that the police in London can now use their cars to knock thieves off their moped if they are fleeing the police.
  • Options
    That moped crime is crazy atm
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    So sorry to hear.

It doesn't sound like a robbery- the money was hanging out of his pockets.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    So sorry to hear.

It doesn't sound like a robbery- the money was hanging out of his pockets.
    Could have gotten frightend and bailed when it turned into a homocide.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    No really it's a culture rather than a place. I've seen south and North London have areas that are gang related. But the kids of a certain age are now carrying knives for "protection" and invariably  this causes a rise in carrying then using in a fight. I mean this is a village so anything "could " happen but  it's so shocking to me as I always felt safe here and my kids . But it has shook me. Especially  as this 22 year old is not a kid and was laying alone on a side street by a school. Not a dodgy area but a normal street . I am SO upset for my friends wife a lovely kind lady. She must be a mess. Trying to save a life that s slipping away in your hands. I just want to cry. Won't  someone save our world. It's fuckin gone 

The US gun culture experiences the same problem: if people aren't packing... they aren't using. No immediate access allows people to cool down and think rationally.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    It seems it maybe drug related.  Hearsay atm
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

The US gun culture experiences the same problem: if people aren't packing... they aren't using. No immediate access allows people to cool down and think rationally.
    The only logical step now is for London to run background checks and psych evaluations on all knife buyers...maybe even ban them completely.  Why does anyone really need a knife anyways, they were only created to kill and butter bread.  /s
  • Options
    The problem is everyone has them in the draw at home so anyone can just rake one out with them. Most are like kitchen knives impossible to ban. I guess youths are taking one from  home  or something. They need a long sentence for anyone carrying. Like 15 years or something. And stop and search. They do that but it's become a race issue 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    It seems it maybe drug related.  Hearsay atm
    So much of street crime is. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    True . Very true. Without the illegal drug problem there is no problem. The kids here are fucked 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    The problem is everyone has them in the draw at home so anyone can just rake one out with them. Most are like kitchen knives impossible to ban. I guess youths are taking one from  home  or something. They need a long sentence for anyone carrying. Like 15 years or something. And stop and search. They do that but it's become a race issue 
    I think they should pass a law that anyone not storing them behind lock and key be cited and banned from ever buying one again.  If one life is saved... /s
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,894
    edited November 2018
    There are laws on under 21s buying any kind of knife but as you know it's a house hold object unlike a gun 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    edited November 2018
    There are laws on under 21s buying any kind of knife but as you know it's a house hold object unlike a gun 
    Well, like they say, responsible knife owners until they are not.  Does anyone really “need” a knife?  Why don’t people just grow their fingernails out to open packages and your teeth can cut food just fine.  
    Should people be able to have a way of defending themselves from knife attacks inside or outside of their homes?  Are there any ways people can defend themselves from knife attacks?  Karate maybe?
  • Options
    Yeah great argument fool. Yeah I chop my carrots with a finger nail. Troll elsewhere gun nut
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,894
    edited November 2018
    There is a coward behind all these attacks. Like acid attacks. This wasn't a gun thread but I see what your game is. Guns also are used by cowards
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    PJPOWER said:
    Well, like they say, responsible knife owners until they are not.  Does anyone really “need” a knife?  Why don’t people just grow their fingernails out to open packages and your teeth can cut food just fine.  
    Should people be able to have a way of defending themselves from knife attacks inside or outside of their homes?  Are there any ways people can defend themselves from knife attacks?  Karate maybe?
    Really cheap shot, making light of knife deaths so you can feel better about gun deaths. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    It was always gonna happen 
     Some gun nut  getting a buzz out of a crime . Because it somehow justifies guns to them. Like I said . Troll
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    PJPOWER said:
    Really cheap shot, making light of knife deaths so you can feel better about gun deaths. 
    Sorry, “Thoughts and prayers” it is then.
  • Options
    Ah the trump condolences . Sounds about right
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Without your gun you are just a sad man. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Yeah great argument fool. Yeah I chop my carrots with a finger nail. Troll elsewhere gun nut
    Do you really “need” to chop carrots?  Just bite them like normal people do.