Over used phrases

Comments

• I'll probably regret asking this, but how does a kangaroo like you in the ding ding?
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    I'll probably regret asking this, but how does a kangaroo like you in the ding ding?
    I think he was just reacting to God Bless America, but I await a response if I'm wrong. 
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    I'll probably regret asking this, but how does a kangaroo like you in the ding ding?
    See the source image
  • rgambs said:
    Any phrase with the word "Jesus" in it.
    Don't care for blasphemers? ;)

I hate to be the bearer of bad news...but
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    One nation under God.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Hobbes said:
    See the source image
    Well, that's a fine how-do-you-do! 
    Australia the lucky country.
    Except if you are Muslim, LGBTQIA, a woman, African, homeless, mentally ill. 
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    Irregardless

Regardless already means without regard. The unnecessary ir prefix makes a double negative, changing the meaning of what you're trying to convey.
    Irregardless

Regardless already means without regard. The unnecessary ir prefix makes a double negative, changing the meaning of what you're trying to convey.
    Irregardless of the context??????
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Irregardless

That one bugs the shit out of me, as does "I could care less."  Couldn't, damn it!
    Irregardless

That one bugs the shit out of me, as does "I could care less."  Couldn't, damn it!
    These are incorrect uses of grammar or vocabulary more than over-used phrase; but they bug the shit out of me and are welcome additions. 

'Wrecking havoc' instead of 'wreaking havoc' makes me crazy. And it's not reeking havoc unless it smells real bad.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    “Let me put it this way ...”
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    njnancy said:
    Irregardless

These are incorrect uses of grammar or vocabulary more than over-used phrase; but they bug the shit out of me and are welcome additions. 

'Wrecking havoc' instead of 'wreaking havoc' makes me crazy. And it's not reeking havoc unless it smells real bad.
    Yeah, they're definitely worth mentioning because they are still overused.  Otherwise they wouldn't bug us as much! :lol:
    njnancy said:
    Irregardless

:angry:
    njnancy said:
    Irregardless

Yeah, they're definitely worth mentioning because they are still overused.  Otherwise they wouldn't bug us as much! :lol:
    Agree. They're grammatically incorrect and overused. I hear both of those all the time.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    njnancy said:
    Irregardless

A good havoc generally smells bad. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    njnancy said:
    Irregardless

A good havoc generally smells bad. 
    Then I suppose you'd be wreaking a reeking havoc. But just don't wreck it for god's sake.
    njnancy said:
    Irregardless

Agree. They're grammatically incorrect and overused. I hear both of those all the time.
    I hear people say wrecking havoc on the news and it makes me cringe. 
    njnancy said:
    Irregardless

:angry:
    I couldn't resist. :blush:
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    "We'll see".. Maybe just more of a pet peeve of mine but damn if it doesn't irritate the piss out of me. I am a grown ass woman and I can handle rejection. Just have the balls to say no and don't pussy foot around for a few days. My older sisters tormented me with this phrase when I was younger.
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    ^ By the way my rant is filled with multiple over used phrases! 
    Rock star "are you all having a good time?"
  • "Be lucky" 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    "First world problem."
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Irregardless

100% agree on the "I could care less." I hear it that way 9/10 times. Makes no sense, I guess people never sit and think about it, because if they did, they wouldn't say it.
    “Think outside the box.”
    But it's 'key' .......
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited November 2018
    “Know what I’m sayin’”. Why do some people have to attach that to the end of every sentence???
    https://youtu.be/1uCpDHzm_DM

Post edited by PJPOWER on