Options

2018/2019 NBA Thread

Comments

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Rachel Nichols Giannis Antetokounmpo
    This is obviously a mutation caused by Cohagen using cheaply-built domes not adequately filtering out the solar radiation on the Mars colony where he must have grown up.  No way he makes it into his 60's without losing one of those in a car door or garbage disposal. 

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,983
    Jeez, Bulls/Hawks game 3rd highest scoring game in NBA history. 168-161 (4 OT)
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,355
    Pap said:

These must be euro players?
    Exactly.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,553
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,341
    Lebron and Lakers lose to the fucking Suns. Hahaha I love it
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    Jason P said:
    Rachel Nichols Giannis Antetokounmpo
    This is obviously a mutation caused by Cohagen using cheaply-built domes not adequately filtering out the solar radiation on the Mars colony where he must have grown up.  No way he makes it into his 60's without losing one of those in a car door or garbage disposal. 

Only thing comparable is the hands of the monster in Pan’s Labyrinth.

Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,528
    Don’t sleep on my Jazz!

P.S. kyrie irving is an insufferable ass.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    edited March 2019

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,102
    23scidoo said:

lol, Snoop is right.
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    Fuck James Harden. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    Fuck James Harden. 
    I thought he walked!?!
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    Fuck James Harden. 
    I thought he walked!?!
    He absolutely walked. I don't find the Rockets and his isolation basketball entertaining in the least.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,261
    23scidoo said:
    Fuck James Harden. 
    I thought he walked!?!
    He walked a half dozen times yesterday and didn't get called.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,472
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,355
    ^ :rofl:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    So the Lakers...

This team reminds me of the one that Magic Johnson coached back in the day.  

So Magic is trying to teach the team this "winning mentality", mainly to one Nick Van Excel(I got into an argument with someone telling me that Nick was actually a good PG).

Magic said, look, I'll take the coaches and let's play heads up.  Magic had Kurt Rambis I remember, and the coaches won.  They beat the team.  The team was so demoralized that they just fell apart the rest of the year.  Magic regrets doing that.

So fast forward to today.  

This Lakers team is so demoralized they have no chance of doing anything even if they make the playoffs.

Rebuild.

Bringing Lebron to the team also shows how bad they actually are.

Like Snoop said "fire em all".
  • Options
    So the Lakers...

So Magic is trying to teach the team this "winning mentality", mainly to one Nick Van Excel(I got into an argument with someone telling me that Nick was actually a good PG).

Magic said, look, I'll take the coaches and let's play heads up.  Magic had Kurt Rambis I remember, and the coaches won.  They beat the team.  The team was so demoralized that they just fell apart the rest of the year.  Magic regrets doing that.

This Lakers team is so demoralized they have no chance of doing anything even if they make the playoffs.

Rebuild.

They were better last year.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    LOL..but they play better last night!!
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    So the Lakers...

Rebuild.

Stop it! No wait, well...

I'm kidding.  I would agree that they definitely played "together" last year.  They will for sure finish with more wins this year than last though.
  • Options
    With the absence of Klay Thompson yesterday it was nice to hear analysts giving him props on how good a defender he is and that he can go out and score at will if he wanted.

I've always said I believe Klay to be better than Steph but hey it's not his role to be "the guy".

Killer games by Boston, Rockets and Wolves.
  • Options
    So the Lakers...

Rebuild.

I'm kidding.  I would agree that they definitely played "together" last year.  They will for sure finish with more wins this year than last though.
    Well they finished with 35 wins last year. They got 18 left and have 30 wins right now. With how they've been playing it might be closer than you think.
    I happily took the under on there 48 o/u total back in October.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    So the Lakers...

Rebuild.

Well they finished with 35 wins last year. They got 18 left and have 30 wins right now. With how they've been playing it might be closer than you think.
    That was a good bet now.  What if Lebron stayed healthy and didn't miss those 18 games?  It may have been a lot closer.
  • Options
    So the Lakers...

Rebuild.

That was a good bet now.  What if Lebron stayed healthy and didn't miss those 18 games?  It may have been a lot closer.
    Probably. But Lebron is old. Old players tend to miss more games as they get older...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    So the Lakers...

Rebuild.

Probably. But Lebron is old. Old players tend to miss more games as they get older...
    First time he's EVER been out that long of a stretch.  He misses maybe a few games a year.  I can't remember him being out more than a few games at a stretch ever?

One guy I usually don't bet on is Bron but maybe it's time to change that tune.
  • Options
    So the Lakers...

Rebuild.

First time he's EVER been out that long of a stretch.  He misses maybe a few games a year.  I can't remember him being out more than a few games at a stretch ever?

I know but it's a different story when you hit your mid 30's...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    So the Lakers...

Rebuild.

He won't be 35 until next year?  You got lucky with your bet, lol.
  • Options
    So the Lakers...

Rebuild.

He won't be 35 until next year?  You got lucky with your bet, lol.
    He turned 34 a couple month's ago. That's the start of the mid 30's. Downhill from there. 
    chinese-happy.jpg