psst...9/11/2018

Comments

• buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Illuminati confirmed 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,928
    bbiggs said:
    Milestone said:
    I gotta say Paul Jackson did a great Wrigley poster. Id take it over any of the Seattle posters
    I love it too. But I don’t understand the owl. Anyone know the meaning of the owl?
    It’s a hawk. Possibly related to Andre Dawson who played for the cubs and was nicknamed The Hawk. 
    Going with the prohibition theme here, I'm thinking that the cop is a falconer, using the hawk to hunt down the rats (bootleggers) running alcohol through the sewers.
    This is probably accurate and makes a lot more sense. Can’t seem to get my mind off the cubs these days. ;)
  • Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    ed243421 said:
    the irony of Emek's "endless war" poster dropped on 9 11 is not lost on me. May it be a reminder that peace and love are the path and war does nothing but hurt everyone

it reminds me of the song Insignificance and the poster is from the Seattle shows & Insignificance was written primarily about Boeing who is located all over Puget Sound here & all the vehicles of death & destruction they create
  • boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    How is the Emek still available?! Seriously tempted but I have no room for it!!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,139
    edited September 2018
    bbiggs said:
    Milestone said:
    I gotta say Paul Jackson did a great Wrigley poster. Id take it over any of the Seattle posters
    I love it too. But I don’t understand the owl. Anyone know the meaning of the owl?
    It’s a hawk. Possibly related to Andre Dawson who played for the cubs and was nicknamed The Hawk. 
    Going with the prohibition theme here, I'm thinking that the cop is a falconer, using the hawk to hunt down the rats (bootleggers) running alcohol through the sewers.
    There was a write up from Jackson back a million pages in this thread-  it’s what they referred to the cold as back in the prohibition era, and how it swept through the city... made its appearance in old r&b and then in the lyrics in the blues which are deep in the city’s roots.  Pretty cool I thought to think that much into it.  Definitely deeper than a train or a dude with wiggly arms, right?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    ^ Very cool background story. I love the print. But the train is even better imo. 
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    bbiggs said:
    Milestone said:

I had my Dawson jersey on in Chicago and Boston and surprisingly got more love for the Hawk at Fenway than I did at Wrigley.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

lolobugg said:
    bbiggs said:
    Milestone said:

I had my Dawson jersey on in Chicago and Boston and surprisingly got more love for the Hawk at Fenway than I did at Wrigley.
    That’s a damn shame. One of the greats in Chicago. 
    edited September 2018
    bbiggs said:
    lolobugg said:
    bbiggs said:
    Milestone said:

I hear ya. my all time fave Cubby. I know there are a lot more famous Cubbies but it was just the age I was when he was playing there. I was just getting into the Cubs the first year he came on board.  He was a baaaaaaad man.

PS- I am still pissed that the HOF made him go in with an Expos cap.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,631
    dankind said:
    Milestone said:
    "The owls are not what they seem."
    That’s a hoot!!
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

lolobugg said:
    bbiggs said:
    lolobugg said:
    bbiggs said:
    Milestone said:

I hear ya. my all time fave Cubby. I know there are a lot more famous Cubbies but it was just the age I was when he was playing there. I was just getting into the Cubs the first year he came on board.  He was a baaaaaaad man.

Could not agree more about the HOF.  Travesty.
    bbiggs said:
    lolobugg said:
    bbiggs said:
    lolobugg said:
    bbiggs said:
    Milestone said:

I mean who would they offend? the f'ing Expos don't even exist anymore. Put Tim Raines in there if you want to have that part of history remembered.

travesty indeed.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• lolobugg said:
    bbiggs said:
    lolobugg said:
    bbiggs said:
    Milestone said:

I'm pissed he's in the HOF...
  • SR91748SR91748 Posts: 137
    Thanks 10C! I was hoping to land one of the Seattle show posters, as I couldn't manage the lines. The Emek reminds me of home, which is to the north of Seattle, with the river and fields and all. I think the artist is to be complimented--it is a remarkable piece.
    lolobugg said:
    bbiggs said:
    lolobugg said:
    bbiggs said:
    Milestone said:

Cmon...no way! 
    lolobugg said:
    bbiggs said:
    lolobugg said:
    bbiggs said:
    Milestone said:

shut yo mouth, Chris!!!!!!!!!!

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• lolobugg said:
    bbiggs said:
    lolobugg said:
    bbiggs said:
    lolobugg said:
    bbiggs said:
    Milestone said:

I mean who would they offend? the f'ing Expos don't even exist anymore. Put Tim Raines in there if you want to have that part of history remembered.

travesty indeed.

I love the Hawk as much as anyone but he did play for the Expos for twice as long.
    mikeliska said:
    lolobugg said:
    bbiggs said:
    lolobugg said:
    bbiggs said:
    lolobugg said:
    bbiggs said:
    Milestone said:

travesty indeed.

I love the Hawk as much as anyone but he did play for the Expos for twice as long.
    I remember all those massive Montreal crowds to see the Expos, about what you would expect to see if you were seeing Devo play the Wyoming State Fair

In fact it was so empty for Expos games, you probably could have had sex in the Upper deck during the game w/o anybody noticing or caring

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,418
    In fact it was so empty for Expos games, you probably could have had sex in the Upper deck during the game w/o anybody noticing or caring

Hopefully the offender's partner would notice....and care!
  • jhager79jhager79 Kitchener Ontario Posts: 234
    Montreal Expos,  your 1994 World series champions 
    [img][/img]Kitchener2005
    Toronto 2003
    Toronto 2000
    Barrie 1998
    Toronto 1993
    London 2005

Toronto 2006 May 9/10
    Toronto 2009
    Toronto Sept 11/12 2011
    London 2013
    Detroit 2014
    Toronto 2016 May 10/12
    Chicago 2018 N2
    "No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead"
  • VedderMTLVedderMTL Montreal, Canada Posts: 1,401
    Maybe give a call to Henry to help you with all the Rollins ? 
  • Any chance for a poster drop today?
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,676
    edited September 2018
    Any chance for a poster drop today?
    Got something for us today?

Post edited by demetrios on
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,102
    Fuck yo couch
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    can people stop bumping these psst threads???
    CROJAM95 said:
    Fuck yo couch

:lol:

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Brisk. said:
    can people stop bumping these psst threads???
    Not good for the heart! Would like to know if there is going to be anything else this week though!
    4784495 - Thomas 9
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,381
    Santos gonna drop Seattle BK and Rome Emek when y'all be trying for Mumford. :naughty:
  • Ha.  Klausen won't go up before his AP sale today, but maybe Roma.