Options

the POSITIVITY thread (official)

Comments

• Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Giving Live at Orpheum a first spin.

Holy fuck does this sound fantastic!

And with my eyes closed, I can't even tell the color of the vinyl.
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    Milestone said:
    Ha, I'm a Blackhawks fan myself. Were all seeing some lean years now. At least I have my 3 cups though. 
    Yep, my fingers are crossed that the Redwings will hire Joel Quinville after you guys fire him this season!  =)
    Hahaha. Could happen. He's on a short leash now. Great coach but sometimes a change is needed
  • Options
    No more ticket threads clogging the forum
  • Options
    Discopij said:
    No more ticket threads clogging the forum
    Or song requests !!! 
  • Options
    Also, pizza is still great
  • Options
    Blackhawks!!!!
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,058
    Swapped a Fenway N1 setlist shirt for a N2. We both got squared away and each only waited in line once. Go team!
  • Options
    ShanKathyShanKathy Edmonton, Alberta Posts: 308
    I bought a poster from a W Barclay for a reasonable price that arrived in perfect condition. Made my daughter very happy!
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,892
    edited September 2018
    Great things that happened this tour. 
    I got to see 3 shows. Meant to be 4 flew all the way to Poland to get ill and miss my grail . But I got to be rail London 1 and amsterdam 2 . Matt gave me his sweat band and sticks.i gave sticks away . I got called out by ed at both those shows and on the screen. I held eds hand during porch in London . Also as above I caught some mike picks and gave them all away to people at their first show and my auntie and my dear friend  Clair all of which had never caught a pick.
    London 2 rescheduled was a disaster .BUT out of disaster came an experience that in my life and 40 shows I have dreamt  about many times..longest post I've ever written . Sorry.
    Took  my lady and our 17 year old daughters. Lined up all day . All went wrong on entry. Ended up 4 back in front of ED. Nice for 3 songs  but drunk assholes surged in and we all got crushes and pulled out. I got roughed up by venue security I only wanted to get to my daughter.
    In stepped my friend s Keith and ewa . They were with THE ROB. Who came swiftly  to the med area. Saved us. Whilst there with him. I spotted Matt the tour crew manager. A cool Aussie guy I spoke to many times whilst queuing in all manor of countries . I told him the story ..next thing we all had passes and were side of stage . Mike's side  with a set list and a set of drum sticks.we were only allowed  to stay there for about 4 songs again local security  fucked us over. BUT
    After we were all 're located to the sound desk. Whipping was playing and I got that rush and said fuck this . I left my family safe there and off I went into my last chance of my life to get back to side stage. As I waited at the side of the venue another grail moment happened ED came down with his wine. And the guy in front of me got a glass of it. He passes it back to me. I waited and joked about this moment forever as a red wine drinker of some volume . At last a taste .And with that i grew some balls told local security  I had a pass
     Showed a guy . He let me in. And I was back. Alone staring at mike and jeff. In heaven until lights up.  My last exit
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    so thanks to Matt crew manager and The Rob . From the worst experience  I've had at a show . To 2 grail moments for any life long fan. Most of all Keith and Ewa who saw me get treated  like an animal and acted fast .
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 777
    It's my Birthday tomorrow. Celebrating it with the Foo Fighters in Vancouver tomorrow night!
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I was told to come over here
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,742
    Discopij said:
    Also, pizza is still great
    Indeed, especially pizza that uses Sam's Pizza Sauce. 

• Options
    ShanKathy said:
    I bought a poster from a W Barclay for a reasonable price that arrived in perfect condition. Made my daughter very happy!
    That's me Kathy. Hahaha
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Rob, that story is fucking amazing!  Great for you and those who helped you

The four year old woke me up for too early and we made french toast and have been playing 'trucks, for 90 minutes.
    When life gives you lemons, make Lobster Thermidor.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Rob, that story is fucking amazing!  Great for you and those who helped you

The four year old woke me up for too early and we made french toast and have been playing 'trucks, for 90 minutes.
    When life gives you lemons, make Lobster Thermidor.
    Thanks. One day I must try lobster  thermidor 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,849
    I helped volunteer at both Wishlist parties in Boston.  First day we raised over $10,000.  Still no word on the second night but I'm pretty sure it was definitely less.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,439
    I'm not negative about anything Pearl Jam related. But, i love a good positivity thread.
    Kudos for starting it.
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    i love PJ
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    i still love the hits live.  they still sound fucking awesome. every show is unique and worth every dollar spent. some i know can't understand why i've seen PJ 28 times now. i don't even try to explain it. it's our thing and it's glorious. i love the passion each night from these guys. neve dull, always worth the price.
  • Options
    These stuffed peppers I made were great.  This is the positivity/food thread right?

• Options
    Yum. What's in them . I'm hungry. I have a gammon joint in the slow cooker and it's fuckin slow
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    IlliniOne82IlliniOne82 Posts: 30
    edited September 2018
    Pretty basic.  Ground beef, rice, diced tomatoes, diced onions, cheddar cheese, a little Worcestershire, salt and pepper.
    Post edited by IlliniOne82 on
  • Options
    Looks very good
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,846
    edited September 2018
    These stuffed peppers I made were great.  This is the positivity/food thread right?

Next time try using red, yellow or orange peppers and mozzarella instead of cheddar.  Regardless, they look great!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 897
    Still loving that I saw some of my fav songs in Missoula, In My Tree, Bee Girl,Fatal, Down.

lost dogs was my first studio album 
  • Options
    Orange peppers. Cheddar and mozzarella. That s what I will try
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    To all that I met and passed in Boston... Thank you for your incredible vibes last weekend! <3

• Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,231
    I've never met him (I assume it's a "him"), but @mfc172 is one of my favorite people on the planet.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,271
    edited September 2018
    My 4 year old was singing along to ‘Danger Zone’ on the radio in the car yesterday. He was really getting into it, and was belting it out - except he was singing “I went to the danger zone!” :lol:
    Post edited by goldrush on
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)