Options

Posters and the flippers

13»

Comments

• Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,098
    Really depends on the poster. Some you'll have no problem getting, others you'll have to get in line eeaaarrrrllllllyyyy
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    Dug1200Dug1200 Chicago Posts: 188
    Ok, I'm about to attend my first ever PJ show @ Fenway N2 (been a fan forever just never got to a show). I'm not a flipper or even a collector but I would love a poster to frame and remember this show. Based on what I'm reading here is that even going to be a possibility? Realistically speaking what are my chances of getting a poster (without sacraficing any of the show)? Thanks.

Brian
    You should be able to get 1 of the 5 no problem.  If there is a specific one you want, get in line hour or 2 before the tents open or be one of the 1st ones inside when they open the gates for the show
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,058
    Ok, I'm about to attend my first ever PJ show @ Fenway N2 (been a fan forever just never got to a show). I'm not a flipper or even a collector but I would love a poster to frame and remember this show. Based on what I'm reading here is that even going to be a possibility? Realistically speaking what are my chances of getting a poster (without sacraficing any of the show)? Thanks.

Brian
    Based on the Seattle and Chicago shows, of the 5 posters available, there should always be at least one style in stock at the merch stands that isn't as popular as the others. 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    Honestly, if youre in Boston and don't bother waiting in line if all you want is a poster.
    At Wrigley I went in about the most off time I could find and it was still over an hour. You can buy 4 of the 5 posters on ebay for pretty close to face value. If waiting in a hot sweaty line for 2 hours is your thing then go for it, otherwise pick one up for $40 and laugh at the guy who stood in like just to make a buck or two (literally). The train is the only expensive one to get, and they sold out right away every day.
  • Options
    TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,172
    I believe that in Seattle, Montana and Chicago, if you showed up after the initial rush on the 1st day of sales, the wait was less than 30 minutes, and they had most of the merch still available.  Seattle was out of the sasquatch and chicago was out of the train, but that about it.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    TA243471 said:
    I believe that in Seattle, Montana and Chicago, if you showed up after the initial rush on the 1st day of sales, the wait was less than 30 minutes, and they had most of the merch still available.  Seattle was out of the sasquatch and chicago was out of the train, but that about it.
    Since they start sales like 3 days before the show and most of us traveled, most of us didn't have that option. I got there the day of the first show, and about an hour wait was the smallest I ever saw it. That happened to be the Sunday between the shows at about 1:00. Show days were just crazy in all the stands I saw. I imagine like someone said if you can be one of the first in the stadium that migh tnot be the case, but I have no idea if there was a rush or not to get in early.
  • Options
    TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,172
    Right.  Thats why I was only commenting on the 1st day of sales, just to clarify that it wasn't always 3 hour waits.  Seattle turned into consistent 2.5 hour waits starting Tuesday.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
  • Options
    unknownunknown Posts: 531
    any idea when we can see what the fenway posters look like ?
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    unknown said:
    Probably early Friday morning. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,963

Brian
    Should be pretty easy to get at least one poster at the show - your best bet is to get one inside or at one of the booths straight after the show...there is no need to stand in line for 3 or 4 hours like many of us do.
  • Options
    Eroom21Eroom21 Canada Posts: 100
    JDime20 said:
    nicky-p38 said:
    I noticed this picture on eBay. I heard KGB people buying many posters at the shows but never saw it in person. Crazy...I thought there was 2 print limit. 

It looks like there are maybe 6 or so posters in there which is under the limit of 2 per print. I doubt they’re all the Thomas either, I didn’t see anyone walking away with more than two. I thought they did a good job sticking to the limits. Although it’s not inconceivable to think they waited in line each day and stocked up on the Thomas. That being said, I’m on the team of 1 print per person, even if you’re just buying one for your friend that doesn’t want to wait in line or isn’t in town yet. There has to be a better way!!
    I don’t think I saw anyone leave the merch tent with less than two prints of the Thomas. 
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    Kind of off topic, anyone got an extra Santiago poster they want to part with at a reasonable price? If so message me, thanks

• Options
    StoveStove Posts: 316
    I really only became aware of this recently. & I think its garbage. People buying posters for their friends who couldn't make it sure...people buying multiples that they'll flip...poor form. I ran into this at Wrigley last month. It got down to the line taking awhile...b/c inside the venue they were not organizedm just a mash of people all pushing theyre way through & it got down to the wire where I almost missed the first song b/c of it. And I don't want to have to do that b/c I actually like the band. The poster is a bonus, its about the music & The strange thing is, upon getting the poster I wanted this time around idk if I even want it b/c the shows themselves Idk if I would consider memorable. Who knows how I feel in a year. There's one that I gotten just to get but remain special to me b/c of where they were. (ex Alpine Valley, Chicago 2014) But me going in to Wrigley this year with the preconceived idea that I would want to remember the show was not the way to go about it. But it all ends up in a landfill anyways....  :D
  • Options
    madhat181madhat181 Posts: 367
    edited October 2018
    “im begging 1 kind soul to trade a Rome or Prague post to me for cash? Will to pay up to face value plus shipping.”  =)
    Post edited by madhat181 on
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,360
    unknown said:
    Do these flippers have real jobs? Or is this seriously all they do?
    Well?
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,813
    RP112579 said:
    unknown said:
    Do these flippers have real jobs? Or is this seriously all they do?
    Well?

• Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,117
    unknown said:
    So, I never realized just how bad some of these Pearl Jam flippers are with the posters.  I’ve given up on a few of the posters I want.

my question is, are there other bands that do tour posters and are their fans flipping them? Like Wilco or foo fighters? Of us this just a Pearl Jam thing 
    Clearly looking to expand his "business"?
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    To quote a wise man ...

""you pappnase

please leave your waste anywhere ...!! """
  • Options
    unknown said:
    How much do i have to pay from your ebay store?
    PJ 2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
    EV 2017: Amsterdam 2&3, London 1&2
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,813
    Dude is ghost all of a sudden. 
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    So......If you ever need Gaslight Anthem or Brian Fallon posters get them at the official site for $25

hellgateindustries.com

no need to hit eBay and buy from flippers who buy a bunch and sell at 3x the price  :wink:
  • Options
    Jason7192Jason7192 Southern Indiana Posts: 311
    So......If you ever need Gaslight Anthem or Brian Fallon posters get them at the official site for $25

hellgateindustries.com

no need to hit eBay and buy from flippers who buy a bunch and sell at 3x the price  :wink:
    Haha.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited October 2018
    nicknyr15 said:
    Dude is ghost all of a sudden. 
    I see that he is running lurker status right now.  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
This discussion has been closed.