Options

My story dealing with several horrible entitled “railbirds” in GA at Wrigley 2

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,552
    ascahn said:
    Yes, that was me. Thanks for the support. Not trying to gain any sympathy, but I hope as well that people stand up for themselves. Everyone should be there for the sole purpose of having a great time. 
    Absolutely. One of the more disturbing parts of your post is that there were people asking for numbers at the front of the line. That means that there are still a whole lot of people not heeding 10C's rules. The only thing that will stop the line listers is for enough people in the line to absolutely refuse to play along, and to simply refuse to cave to this gang of mentally disturbed bullies... And I'm assume these people have or will be tipped off to the fact that their heinous behaviour is being discussed here... I was going to say that hopefully it will make them stop, but they are obviously far too obsessed and awful to be affected by this; they will probably just feel self-righteous about it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,348
    I am going to pour a drink before reading this thread........
    Post of the year candidate

also I don’t have a GREAT 10c number... but I do find myself missing the old seniority seating with random rows 1/2 9/10... I thought that was a really good system  
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,891
    All this he said she said stuff ,  who knows who is right and who is wrong. But I think what is getting lost is the rule was don’t line up until 8 am day of show. So how the heck can anyone be right when what you did was against the rules. Who’s unofficial list is correct?  The one across from Murphy’s? The one on wacker drive?  To me the answer should be none of them since they are all unofficial and against the rules. 
    Just my .02 cents. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    iwasthereiwasthere Posts: 511
    mcgruff10 said:
    All this he said she said stuff ,  who knows who is right and who is wrong. But I think what is getting lost is the rule was don’t line up until 8 am day of show. So how the heck can anyone be right when what you did was against the rules. Who’s unofficial list is correct?  The one across from Murphy’s? The one on wacker drive?  To me the answer should be none of them since they are all unofficial and against the rules. 
    Just my .02 cents. 
    I was in middle of it and you are 100% correct! Still not sure how to stop it. Glad that Wrigley was my only trip this year and only did GA once!

tacos
  • Options
    I am going to pour a drink before reading this thread........
    Post of the year candidate

also I don’t have a GREAT 10c number... but I do find myself missing the old seniority seating with random rows 1/2 9/10... I thought that was a really good system  
    I would 100% go to more shows under this format.
    tacos
  • Options
    DirtyFrankAndBeansDirtyFrankAndBeans Posts: 75
    edited August 2018
    This thread is reaching epic proportions now let’s expose this “railbird rat pack” and regain rail hope to the 10Club!!  Let’s go!!!!
    Post edited by DirtyFrankAndBeans on
    Nick
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    PJNB said:
    Is this narrative wrong on what happened?

- Night 1 ends and an unofficial line forms. Security moves them to a location that they are allowed to form the line and wait to be moved until 8:00am

- You guys show up, know that there is an unofficial line that was made long before you got there and you still push to get ahead of it knowing they camped out right after the show. 

- Security comes, does not give a shit and moves on

I have a couple of questions. If you knew that people were there way before you, 8:00am lineup time or not, why did you feel the need to get ahead of them? I would never have done that myself official line or not.  I am not defending them just find it ballsy to try and slip in like that. Yes 8:00am is the designated time but these people were moved to a section by security and told to wait there until they would all be moved to the official location. In the meantime you guys come in not waiting nearly as much as the others and take the front spot. I can understand how the other group would not be overjoyed by this but them using the list and confrontational attitude is ridiculous. I am not sure what 10 club thought would happen with the 8:00am but it seemed like they were ok with the unofficial line. Posting vids and pics on social media over this was unnecessary as well by them. To have your faces smeared on a page of over 60,000 people was not fair to you or your group. Fuck them for doing that. 
    IMO, the second that group created a list, they lost their right to that spot in their illegitimate line, as per 10C rules. Technically, all of them should have been sent to the back of the line.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    If that video is still there on Facebook I would gladly rip it and save it and use it for evidence if that would help in any way if we could get that to 10C with the post you made here explaining what happened.  The more evidence and anecdotes we have I feel the greater chance we have at something being done about it
    I was actually just browsing the FB group to see if I could find it for my own curiosity. No luck though. 
    I just found it - I don't know if I am allowed to post a link to it here though, but if you use the search terms "line" and "cut" you will find it easily on that group

I also downloaded it to my hard drive in case they delete it.  If anyone wants it for the purposes of sending to 10C to try to get the issue resolved I would gladly upload it and send it to you!
    Shoot me a PM. It’s only out of morbid curiosity that I wanna see it. But still, it’s kinda interesting (sad) to think that any concert-goers act like that...let alone PJ fans. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    I could easily break down the psychology of this whole thing and make a lot of people laugh at the brutal honesty, but I would get kicked out of the forums haha, so I will refrain.........

"All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    I could easily break down the psychology of this whole thing and make a lot of people laugh at the brutal honesty, but I would get kicked out of the forums haha, so I will refrain.........

I would love to read it, lol.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,760
    edited August 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJNB said:

- Night 1 ends and an unofficial line forms. Security moves them to a location that they are allowed to form the line and wait to be moved until 8:00am

- You guys show up, know that there is an unofficial line that was made long before you got there and you still push to get ahead of it knowing they camped out right after the show. 

I have a couple of questions. If you knew that people were there way before you, 8:00am lineup time or not, why did you feel the need to get ahead of them? I would never have done that myself official line or not.  I am not defending them just find it ballsy to try and slip in like that. Yes 8:00am is the designated time but these people were moved to a section by security and told to wait there until they would all be moved to the official location. In the meantime you guys come in not waiting nearly as much as the others and take the front spot. I can understand how the other group would not be overjoyed by this but them using the list and confrontational attitude is ridiculous. I am not sure what 10 club thought would happen with the 8:00am but it seemed like they were ok with the unofficial line. Posting vids and pics on social media over this was unnecessary as well by them. To have your faces smeared on a page of over 60,000 people was not fair to you or your group. Fuck them for doing that. 
    IMO, the second that group created a list, they lost their right to that spot in their illegitimate line, as per 10C rules. Technically, all of them should have been sent to the back of the line.
    Agree 100% @iwasthere did the list actually happen? Also the line may have been illegitimate but security made it legitimate imo when they moved it to an ok location and told them they would comeback to move them before 8:00am
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    ascahnascahn Posts: 13
    I’ll  be happy to have civil conversation with everyone. At the moment I’m still in Chicago enjoying my trip and heading out. I’ll definately respond later. 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    iwasthere said:
    ascahn,
    I was 6th in line.

I saw what happened. I see your side for sure. Not exactly full story in my view. I never spoke to you, and that BS was over the top, you are right about that. Still, I did leave in the middle of Yellow Ledbetter on Saturday to get in line for Monday. Was allowed to be there til daybreak and told to move. Was in the exact spot you were and again told to move as the rule was 8am the next day. But still went across street to keep kicking can down road and linger. I didnt leave, I didnt sleep. I would have been where you were entire time but was told to leave tiI 8am. Well, you were still 9 hours early too and came at 11pm and go where I and others were told not to be. You just didnt encounter anyone telling you to leave again. I know the guy who was first came over and told you we had been there since the show ended the night before and was just waiting across street because we couldn't loiter there. You told him it didn't matter. It's fine I guess, you didn't break any laws or anything. I knew entire time you didn't operate outside of any 10c rules. You just knew there were several of us waiting directly across street and wanted to get around them. Now the large amount that showed up at 4, they aren't who I'm talking about and were not who we were asking you to get behind. At 4am I know the mob came across the street to line up, but not at 11pm when you arrived. I am talking to you about the people waiting in the unofficial line directly across the street that was looking back and forth with your crew all night, lol. That was less than 20 people that had been there. This is all unofficial of course as neither you nor us were supposed to be there yet. But you were 100% aware we were across street waiting for 24 hours longer than you and you thought if you stayed there you could get around them. Again, that's how you wanted to handle it, fine. I was sixth in line. Think we would agree the noise was coming from further back than me. With you in front, I was 10th, wasn't that big of deal. I was one of two people actually saying fuck it and to just get behind you at midnight even though I didn't like it. 

Beside all that, I get the railbird stuff! Was only my 2nd PJ show in past 5 years and first time up front in a decade. Was front and center before the rain and with much skill, lol, was front and center after rain. I had a great time but here is my vote to go back to reserved seating!!! Damn! The competitive nature is just to natural of a reaction. Everyone wants a good spot! 
    The way you tell it sounds like the fight scene in Anchorman 
  • Options
    If that video is still there on Facebook I would gladly rip it and save it and use it for evidence if that would help in any way if we could get that to 10C with the post you made here explaining what happened.  The more evidence and anecdotes we have I feel the greater chance we have at something being done about it
    I was actually just browsing the FB group to see if I could find it for my own curiosity. No luck though. 
    I just found it - I don't know if I am allowed to post a link to it here though, but if you use the search terms "line" and "cut" you will find it easily on that group

I also downloaded it to my hard drive in case they delete it.  If anyone wants it for the purposes of sending to 10C to try to get the issue resolved I would gladly upload it and send it to you!
    Shoot me a PM. It’s only out of morbid curiosity that I wanna see it. But still, it’s kinda interesting (sad) to think that any concert-goers act like that...let alone PJ fans. 
    PM sent!
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,348
    Am I the only person that (reasonably) expected to lose my spot in GA after that delay? Like holy shit get a grip
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,637
    mcgruff10 said:
    Just my .02 cents. 
    Isn’t the rigidity around the 8:00 rule creating the problem though? We all know the 8:00 rule isn’t going to be followed, so this should be acknowledged and some way should be communicated that the campers get the front spots when the 8:00 time rolls around.  
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    PJNB said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJNB said:

Agree 100% @iwasthere did the list actually happen? Also the line may have been illegitimate but security made it legitimate imo when they moved it to an ok location and told them they would comeback to move them before 8:00am
    I was 6th in line and was in middle of all of it. That's how it happened. I think ascahn has a right to be upset with many of the large group at 4am. But their group was 9 hours early showing up 11pm to participate in the unofficial line too. There was less than 20 at that time. We told them what was up. They should have been behind that group. They just didnt have anyone come tell them to move from that spot and we had been that morning.
    Post edited by iwasthere on
    tacos
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    Just my .02 cents. 
    Isn’t the rigidity around the 8:00 rule creating the problem though? We all know the 8:00 rule isn’t going to be followed, so this should be acknowledged and some way should be communicated that the campers get the front spots when the 8:00 time rolls around.  
    So basically, I think that anyone who creates a list or gets their name on a list should be sent to the back the line. Period. I don't care if they were there first or how long they were waiting.
    Second, this 8am rule is stupid and unrealistic, so I agree with you Go Beavers. The problem is that that seems like a venue rule, not a 10C one. Is that correct? If 10C has no control over when the line starts on venue property, then I don't know wtf they are supposed to do other than saying the line is allowed to start at 8am. Are they expected to discuss an unofficial line off of the venue's property? Is that really their business? I mean, it would be helpful, but I wonder if that wouldn't leave them open to some kind of liability issue.
    The bottom line is, the first person to arrive starts the unofficial line.... without a list. I don't know if there was a list going with that original group or not. If so, then I think they gave up their right to that line altogether and think that starting a new line was a good idea. If they didn't have any list going when ascahn and friends showed up and started their own line, then yeah, I don't get that. Why wouldn't they have just joined the line that was already there? Or, if the placement of that line was an issue, talk it all out with those already there.... But if I had to guess, I would guess that there was already a list started in that original line. If so, then none of their spots counted.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    Solution =springsteen way. 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    Yeah, just do a lottery at 8am and then roll from there.
  • Options
    I feel I was just playing the game put in front of me. Like I said only my 2nd PJ show in last five years and first time in a decade up front. I hated having to be there that long. But, you know, I was travelling by myself without the lady so it was a good time to go all out. I really don't know how you could stop this if all you say is don't be here til 8am without doing anything else. 
    tacos
  • Options
    Agreed. That would be the ultimate solution. I would love to hear why 10C refuses to do it. I know they are aware of the system.
  • Options
    BCBABCBA Utah with the mailman Posts: 220
    Springsteen + no direct ga choice in the lottery
  • Options
    Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 722
    This thread is reaching epic proportions now let’s expose this “railbird rat pack” and regain rail hope to the 10Club!!  Let’s go!!!!
    Pump the brakes. Mob justice never works the way it does in your head.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,637
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Just my .02 cents. 
    So basically, I think that anyone who creates a list or gets their name on a list should be sent to the back the line. Period. I don't care if they were there first or how long they were waiting.
    Second, this 8am rule is stupid and unrealistic, so I agree with you Go Beavers. The problem is that that seems like a venue rule, not a 10C one. Is that correct? If 10C has no control over when the line starts on venue property, then I don't know wtf they are supposed to do other than saying the line is allowed to start at 8am. Are they expected to discuss an unofficial line off of the venue's property? Is that really their business? I mean, it would be helpful, but I wonder if that wouldn't leave them open to some kind of liability issue.
    It’s a venue rule as far as I can tell. And yes the number system is also crap. I think the number system was attempted in Missoula but got shut down quickly. It was obvious to everyone that people camped out caddy corner to the venue two days prior. If someone tried to jump the line in front of the campers because of the 8:00 rule, they were just being a twat. I suppose the difficult part is having a couple folks representing the campers to explain their position, and hopefully the people who show up at 8:00 act reasonable. 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    Why would I honor a line that starts before 8am if the official line up is not allowed until 8am?    I can’t help what people chose to do and where with their time before 8am.  

Oh you hung out on the sidewalk by murphy’s The last two days? That’s odd.  
  • Options
    Why would I honor a line that starts before 8am if the official line up is not allowed until 8am?    I can’t help what people chose to do and where with their time before 8am.  

:lol: I agree with you and I don't at the same time.
  • Options
    The thing about starting it at 8am... how does it start, exactly? I mean, would people just gather in a mob and at 8am it would be foot racing mob scene? That sounds a little dangerous. Plus even then, the people at the front of the mob would get there first - it would be like a line in mob form, lol.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    When I saw someone post that they left during YLB on night one to get in line for night two, I thought I misread it because imy brain couldn’t process that anyone would wait two full days. Insane. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    timdwillitimdwilli Los Angeles, CA Posts: 294
    When I saw someone post that they left during YLB on night one to get in line for night two, I thought I misread it because imy brain couldn’t process that anyone would wait two full days. Insane. 
    How does one even enjoy the show if they've spent the previous 48 hours on a sidewalk?
This discussion has been closed.