Options

My story dealing with several horrible entitled “railbirds” in GA at Wrigley 2

Comments

• Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    edited August 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    I was in the GA on Saturday night.  Found a good spot center stage like 50' back, which is where I usually go.

I am like 5'8".  Some guy that was easily 6'2" or 6'3" walks right....RIGHT....in front of me and just parks it there.

I tap him on the shoulder and ask him to please move a little to the side, or just swap positions with me, and all he does is look down and say "No."

I'm not a violent person and I am certainly not about to get kicked out of the pit before a PJ show, but I was very close to leaning back and punching him in the fucking face.

95% of the PJ community are amazing people, but man, that other 5% can seriously choke on [crude comment removed by Admin]
    Couldn't you move a little to the side yourself?
    I was there 20 minutes before him talking to all the people around us.  There is a certain unspoken agreement that you can walk up next to people in the GA (obviously), but deciding to walk RIGHT in front of someone when you are over 6' tall and then shifting into zero fucks given mode is just a dick move.

The people around us saw what happened and moved over a bit and let me stand in front of them.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    RE4790 said:
    PB11041 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Team All Reserved Seating 2019
    Same.  The GA thing is stupid. I don't get it.  I watched the rush ensue on video live from a phone the other night and thought man someone is going to get badly hurt in this nonsense to get a "rail".

That video is glorious and everyone should hum yakety-sax to themselves while watching it

Ask and you shall receive:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z1zKWC-riXY
    OMG!! When the guy said "yakety-sax" I said out loud "Is that the Benny Hill theme?"  Sure enough, it is!  Too f'in funny!!

Thanks wobbler kitty!
  • Options
    wobbler_kittywobbler_kitty Millbury, MA Posts: 161
    JH6056 said:
    RE4790 said:
    PB11041 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Team All Reserved Seating 2019
    Same.  The GA thing is stupid. I don't get it.  I watched the rush ensue on video live from a phone the other night and thought man someone is going to get badly hurt in this nonsense to get a "rail".

That video is glorious and everyone should hum yakety-sax to themselves while watching it

Ask and you shall receive:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z1zKWC-riXY
    OMG!! When the guy said "yakety-sax" I said out loud "Is that the Benny Hill theme?"  Sure enough, it is!  Too f'in funny!!

Thanks wobbler kitty!

Can’t take the credit except for stealing it from one of the FB groups. I can’t even figure out how to imbed a vid in a post here, haha.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,667
    jdopj said:
    PJNB said:
    Wow lots of hateful and nasty posts here today. Thought we were better than this to be honest. 
    You are underestimating the shit show GA has become. What being a fan of PJ has become. It’s disappointing.

I’ve had zero negative interactions with anyone at Pearl Jam shows and I’ve met a ton of cool people in relation to shows and fellow fans. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,828
    I ran into those Aussies at the Prague show. They had a Canadian flag over them protecting themselves from the sun. I went over to chat and say hi since it was Canada day. I asked if they were Canadian and they said why the fuck would you think that with an attitude. Caught me off guard since I was just saying hi. I said well you have a Canadian flag above you. They said what the fuck does that matter. Cool guys have a great fucking show I said laughing at them as I walked away. I went back to another group and told them of the conversation I had with them and they were not surprised I had that experience. You only get one first impression with people and that was an odd one to have.

Saying that and correct me if I am wrong as I may be but did these people not line up unofficially right after the first show? If yes and you guys knew that or were made aware that why did you try and get ahead of that line knowing they camped out two nights? If I showed up to line up at a show and knew people were ahead of me waiting to get to the official line there is no way I would try and outrun them at 8:00am official line or not. Saying that fuck them for treating you guys like they did on social media and in person. Mcgruff is right it is a rock concert grow the fuck up and start acting like adults here.

With regards to them always being in GA and upfront it really is not that hard with the size of their group to get tickets for a lot of the shows. They seem to have a large network working together and to get upfront all they need to do is put the time in that others will not do. Pretty simple to do if you are crazy enough to do it. 

• Options
    Brisk. said:
    What did these people look like? Americans?

Sorry I don't like to read epic walls of text.

I won’t forget what all 3 of these people look like and I will be scanning the front of the GA line at my next show.  The rudest woman on the rail was American dark hair early 30s she was with the dude I’ve seen a lot long blonde curly hair coming out of his hat.  The next lady was close in age she was Hispanic.  The biggest D-bag was early 40s white guy real nerdy looking with glasses bragging about his 300 bootlegs he owns.   
    I think that couple bought about 50 eddie posters at bourbon and beyond 
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,614
    edited August 2018
    jdopj said:
    PJNB said:
    Wow lots of hateful and nasty posts here today. Thought we were better than this to be honest. 
    You are underestimating the shit show GA has become. What being a fan of PJ has become. It’s disappointing.

I’ve had zero negative interactions with anyone at Pearl Jam shows and I’ve met a ton of cool people in relation to shows and fellow fans. 
    I've had some bad experiences with the rail rats and those who try to barge through to the rail for sure, and they created moments of real irritation for me, and a sense of 'I can't fucking believe those people, holy shit". BUT most people in the 10C pit and most other pits are indeed awesome, and even with those problem fans, the good by far overshadow the bad ... And I figure that would be the case for just about everyone, unless they allow the negatives to take over their moods. If some shithead disturbs you somehow, you have to just let it go, and not fume over it. Fuming will ruin a show.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    ascahn said:
    I’ll take this opportunity to give my side of a story that occurred in the the GA line for the Monday show with information going back to the Saturday show. 

As I have never been on the rail before, our party of 4 decided to try and make that happen. Prior to the first Wrigley show, we were aware of the 8:00 am lineup rule and checked the line several times throughout the night to see if anyone had begun to line up or if everyone was adhering to that rule. It was at 6:20 am on Saturday when we found that a line had been started and we entered that line. Clearly not everyone adhered to the 8:00 am rule. 

Moving forward to Sunday night and knowing that the 8:00 am rule was not going to be followed, we stood at the designated area, off of Cubs property, the same exact spot that the line began for the previous show. If not everyone was going to follow the rules, then I see it as fair game. 

Now, it becomes apparent that there is a group of Ten Club members with apparent Australian accents and a very cult like bearded leader that appear on the rail at just about show, including the Wrigley 1 show where they were at the front of the line as usual. You don’t have to search too hard to find or recognize this “fan”.  I would be happy to provide a picture to anyone that asks.  After sitting for about 3 hours, a member of their group which, at this time, appears to number in the range of 30-40 people, approaches us and inquired as to what we are doing. We said we are waiting. We were then told that what we were doing was not good and they offered to let us in to their group where we could be added to their list. When we reminded this person that, as per TC rules, there are not to be any lists, we were told that the outcome of this would not work out well for us. There would be an additional 4 people that work come over from their group and do the exact thing over the next several hours, even telling us what number we would be on that list. We declined every time to join there list citing the Ten Club rules on lists and numbering systems. Several times we were even told that Ten Club and Ten Club Security approved of their system and authorized them to continue to do it that way. When we asked to be shown this document nothing was ever shown. We were told that we were “cutting in their line”, when in fact, we had started the line. At any time they could have lined up behind us. 

Moving forward to 4:00 am on Monday morning, it became very apparent that 4:00 am was the time given to others to arrive as no less than 8 vehicles arrived and dropped off people that went straight to the group that had assembled in front of Murphy’s on the southeast corner of Waveland and and Sheffield. Sometime about 5:30 am or so every person in that group ran at the same time across Waveland Ave and line up on Cubs property where the official line would be moved to at 8:00. Once there, they were put into order from a list carried by one of the female Australians that travels with this group. Not long after, they were removed from that property, by security I assume, and moved behind where we were lined up. It was at this time that the now 5 of us ahead of them would be verbally abused and attempts to intimidate us were made. This would be a constant stream until 8:00 am, when we were all moved to the start of the official line on Cubs property.  Again, we were at the front of the line having not been intimidated from their constant stream of attempted bullying and verbal abuse.  Members of there group began to take pictures and video of us, with which they proceeded to post on various Ten Club and PJ Facebook groups, lying about how we cut into the line, and calling us names. Many comments were made by others, some suggested violence against us and others laced with profanity towards us. Can someone explain to me how a group of 5 could cut in front of a group of roughly 70 and not physically removed?  Really?  This group got people to believe that our group of 5 just walked in front of their group of 70 and muscled them out of the way and they let it happen?  We became a group of 4 at this time, as one member of our group decided to leave due to the circumstances. Again, we did not “cut” into the line, we started the line. They had every right to start the line at the designated spot as they did for the previous show and they chose not too. They somehow thought that their list was law, even though Ten Club prohibits lists. We chose to not be intimidated and stand out ground. 

Soon after we moved, in order, to the offical line at 8:00, security became involved and a discussion began. Their group of 70 all began to lie about what happened, saying they had no list and we cut to the front. I then showed the security personnel the Ten Club rules on unofficial lists and numbering systems and how they are prohibited. Security then decided to bring in event staff to further assist. Again their group shouted and screamed and I asked the event staff to read the same Ten Club rules. After discussion, event staff decided that we would stay at they front of the line and that any further issues of intimidation or threats would result in that person behind removed from the GA line. 

For the the next 8 hours we endured a continuous stream of subtle intimidation and even had people come up to us from the street to call us names and make faces. One of these people made a video andnposted to several Facebook groups in which he told us that we would have beer dumped on us all night for what we did. We had several people come to us in the front of the line asking us if this is where they receive their number. It was obvious that some people were told by the group to stop by the front of the line to find your number, as they would be in the front of the line. A pretty telling detail. 

Eventually, we enterered through security and into Wrigley Field, where there were still members of that group trying to intimidate us. We all know the rain that followed and we chose not to enter the melee that followed to get back into GA after the storm, instead watching from the back. 

This group, that contains many Australians, is on the rail at what may very well be every opportunity to do so. How can that be?  Every time?  They all win GA tickets and are lucky enough to be at the front of the GA line every show?  The odds on this happening randomly would be huge. Only it’s not happening randomly. Their system is in place and they intimidate anyone that might get in the way of them being first. It is very much like a
    cult. The tactics that they used, the mode by which they organized, the intimidation they attempted. When we didn’t break or give in to them, they turned to social media to spread lies, trying to make themselves, this group that far outnumbered the 4 of us, look like victims.  We had no way to get our side of the story to those same people, so we must be in the wrong. It’s sad, but we stood up for ourselves and I would do it again the exact same way if I had to. The clear leaders of this group appear to be all Australians. Their tactics need to be stopped. Everyone that is a member of Ten Club and purchases their GA tickets should have the same opportunities to experience a show from the rail if that’s what they choose. They shouldn’t have to abide by the rules and lies of a group who have decided to claim the rail every show and that if you don’t join their group, you will never have a chance to experience a show from the rail. 

I know this was a crazy crazy long post, but there is no other way to get the story across. There are certainly details that haven’t been added that I would gladly discuss with anyone that would care to hear them.  I also have many pictures to support my claims if anyone is interested and feels like they need additional proof. I could have put those pictures all over Facebook groups as well, but I chose not too. Anyone is certainly free to make their own decision as to whom they thought were right or wrong. I just ask that you make an educated decision based on as much factual information as possible and not just base your decision based on who can yell and scream the loudest. Thanks for reading. 

This was nauseating to read but thanks for taking the time to write it. What a fucking disgrace. The lines for Trump rallies are probably more civil and respectful. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,548
    PJNB said:
    I ran into those Aussies at the Prague show. They had a Canadian flag over them protecting themselves from the sun. I went over to chat and say hi since it was Canada day. I asked if they were Canadian and they said why the fuck would you think that with an attitude. Caught me off guard since I was just saying hi. I said well you have a Canadian flag above you. They said what the fuck does that matter. Cool guys have a great fucking show I said laughing at them as I walked away. I went back to another group and told them of the conversation I had with them and they were not surprised I had that experience. You only get one first impression with people and that was an odd one to have.

Saying that and correct me if I am wrong as I may be but did these people not line up unofficially right after the first show? If yes and you guys knew that or were made aware that why did you try and get ahead of that line knowing they camped out two nights? If I showed up to line up at a show and knew people were ahead of me waiting to get to the official line there is no way I would try and outrun them at 8:00am official line or not. Saying that fuck them for treating you guys like they did on social media and in person. Mcgruff is right it is a rock concert grow the fuck up and start acting like adults here.

With regards to them always being in GA and upfront it really is not that hard with the size of their group to get tickets for a lot of the shows. They seem to have a large network working together and to get upfront all they need to do is put the time in that others will not do. Pretty simple to do if you are crazy enough to do it. 

Wow. I  don't understand that attitude from the Aussies.  I like a lot of music, but for me to see 100+ PJ shows I have to really like the music and really respect the band members, and I do respect the band members because they all seem like cool people that care about the world and making it better.   It doesn't compute to me that these people could see this many shows and not have the kindness/community rub off from the band and other fans. 
  • Options
    jdopj said:
    PJNB said:

Ya I have had 99% good experiences in my experiences as well. Saying that the very front do seem like a different bunch then the rest for better or worse. I have met friends for life in the GA line this year and in the past and can't wait to travel and see them again during the next tour. 
  • Options
    aschan, were you on that video posted to the 10 Club Facebook page?  Judging by your comment I felt like the video accurately reflects what you wrote and so it could have been you who was the target

If so - they definitely tried to paint the narrative that you cut in line but I definitely agree with you that you did not do anything wrong.  I hope more people do what you do and in larger numbers so that these people get their egos deflated and stop trying to be the authority on PJ GA lines when they have no business being that.  I am sorry you had to deal with that much abuse from those people in the unofficial line
  • Options
    ascahnascahn Posts: 13
    PJNB said:

PJ-Cubs said:
    PJ-Cubs said:
    bbiggs said:
    MayDay10 said:
    I see the same (several) people on rail at most/every show.  Its a sickness
    Wonder if the band gets tired of seeing the same faces. I would. 
    No. They don't. These crazies start the lines days in advance. That kind of shit gets publicity. No such thing as bad pub.

Then Ed mad a point of getting the Rizzo Jersey on night 1 to the Release guy from Let's Play Two. And they made a point of showing the old Aussie dude from LPT several times. Think these guys aren't going to go for rail every time? 
    There seems to be a group that works together to make sure they get the rail every show.  Seems like they use lists, unofficial lines, etc to make sure that the system works in their favor.
    That just makes me angry as a PJ fan seeing how dedicated they are to selfishness and trying to make up rules for the purpose of controlling other PJ fans

If they truly got the rail through doing what everyone else does, waiting in line and getting their spot through honesty and decency I wouldn't even care that much if they were front row every concert ever.  But when you pull shady tactics like number systems or unofficial lines before the official ones could officially begin - that is just petty and dumb
    100% agree.  The dude in Let’s Play Two earned his spot (both on the rail and in the movie) by waiting 4 days.  Not sure how he got the rail again with an 8am day of show lineup on Saturday.
  • Options
    shermsherm Seattle, Wa Posts: 708
    mace1229 said:
    Suziemay said:
    You didn't do anything wrong in my opinion. You saw an opportunity and grabbed it. In 2013 I was mad because people who weren't even in GA jumped over the barricades and ran in ahead of us during re-entry but really I was mostly mad at security more than anyone else for doing a bad job, I don't blame anyone for seizing an opportunity. They also let Stone's side in before Mike's side in 2013; I was Mike's side and lost my rail spot in 2013 after queuing up all day, but a nice man let me go in front of him because it didn't look like the spot on the rail was big enough for him so I got back on the rail, but a bit further to the side than I was initially. I felt really bad asking but I was also feeling very sorry for myself :lol: I was fully expecting him to say no and that would have been cool. It's a concert, hardly the end of the world if I ended up second row.

After clearing out GA, no one has the right to say "that was my spot", that's not how GA works. It sucks but that's just life. That's why I won't really invest a lot of time queuing up for outdoor concerts (and honestly I generally avoid outdoor concerts).
    Wrigley 13 was my first and only GA experience (with PJ). Turned me off of it for a while for exactly what you said. Was so much more crowded after the delay, people were hopping the gates right in front of security and they didnt even care at that point. We were exhausted, it was after midnight and many of the people who jumped in were just annoying and over-excited for being in the pit, literally knockin gpeople down like it was a metal mosh pit.
    But after this round I think I'd be up for it again if they keep it up.
    That was a pretty miserable experience.
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • Options
    aschan, were you on that video posted to the 10 Club Facebook page?  Judging by your comment I felt like the video accurately reflects what you wrote and so it could have been you who was the target

If so - they definitely tried to paint the narrative that you cut in line but I definitely agree with you that you did not do anything wrong.  I hope more people do what you do and in larger numbers so that these people get their egos deflated and stop trying to be the authority on PJ GA lines when they have no business being that.  I am sorry you had to deal with that much abuse from those people in the unofficial line

• Options
    Yes, that was me. Thanks for the support. Not trying to gain any sympathy, but I hope as well that people stand up for themselves. Everyone should be there for the sole purpose of having a great time. 
  • Options
    Thanks PeteThanks Pete NYC Posts: 613
    edited August 2018
    Oops...how do you delete?
    Post edited by Thanks Pete on
  • Options
    Thanks PeteThanks Pete NYC Posts: 613
    Oops
  • Options
    BCBABCBA Utah with the mailman Posts: 220
    Ascahn has hit it on the head.

Its obvious there is a ga cartel and it moves from city to city.  Its very clear they arent obtaining tickets and line spots on the up and up.  

Its on 10c to either create some sort of equitable structure to this, or do away with ga before we havd a really embarrassing and/or tragic incident at one of these stops.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,561
    ascahn said:
    I’ll take this opportunity to give my side of a story that occurred in the the GA line for the Monday show with information going back to the Saturday show. 

As I have never been on the rail before, our party of 4 decided to try and make that happen. Prior to the first Wrigley show, we were aware of the 8:00 am lineup rule and checked the line several times throughout the night to see if anyone had begun to line up or if everyone was adhering to that rule. It was at 6:20 am on Saturday when we found that a line had been started and we entered that line. Clearly not everyone adhered to the 8:00 am rule. 

Moving forward to Sunday night and knowing that the 8:00 am rule was not going to be followed, we stood at the designated area, off of Cubs property, the same exact spot that the line began for the previous show. If not everyone was going to follow the rules, then I see it as fair game. 

Now, it becomes apparent that there is a group of Ten Club members with apparent Australian accents and a very cult like bearded leader that appear on the rail at just about show, including the Wrigley 1 show where they were at the front of the line as usual. You don’t have to search too hard to find or recognize this “fan”.  I would be happy to provide a picture to anyone that asks.  After sitting for about 3 hours, a member of their group which, at this time, appears to number in the range of 30-40 people, approaches us and inquired as to what we are doing. We said we are waiting. We were then told that what we were doing was not good and they offered to let us in to their group where we could be added to their list. When we reminded this person that, as per TC rules, there are not to be any lists, we were told that the outcome of this would not work out well for us. There would be an additional 4 people that work come over from their group and do the exact thing over the next several hours, even telling us what number we would be on that list. We declined every time to join there list citing the Ten Club rules on lists and numbering systems. Several times we were even told that Ten Club and Ten Club Security approved of their system and authorized them to continue to do it that way. When we asked to be shown this document nothing was ever shown. We were told that we were “cutting in their line”, when in fact, we had started the line. At any time they could have lined up behind us. 

Moving forward to 4:00 am on Monday morning, it became very apparent that 4:00 am was the time given to others to arrive as no less than 8 vehicles arrived and dropped off people that went straight to the group that had assembled in front of Murphy’s on the southeast corner of Waveland and and Sheffield. Sometime about 5:30 am or so every person in that group ran at the same time across Waveland Ave and line up on Cubs property where the official line would be moved to at 8:00. Once there, they were put into order from a list carried by one of the female Australians that travels with this group. Not long after, they were removed from that property, by security I assume, and moved behind where we were lined up. It was at this time that the now 5 of us ahead of them would be verbally abused and attempts to intimidate us were made. This would be a constant stream until 8:00 am, when we were all moved to the start of the official line on Cubs property.  Again, we were at the front of the line having not been intimidated from their constant stream of attempted bullying and verbal abuse.  Members of there group began to take pictures and video of us, with which they proceeded to post on various Ten Club and PJ Facebook groups, lying about how we cut into the line, and calling us names. Many comments were made by others, some suggested violence against us and others laced with profanity towards us. Can someone explain to me how a group of 5 could cut in front of a group of roughly 70 and not physically removed?  Really?  This group got people to believe that our group of 5 just walked in front of their group of 70 and muscled them out of the way and they let it happen?  We became a group of 4 at this time, as one member of our group decided to leave due to the circumstances. Again, we did not “cut” into the line, we started the line. They had every right to start the line at the designated spot as they did for the previous show and they chose not too. They somehow thought that their list was law, even though Ten Club prohibits lists. We chose to not be intimidated and stand out ground. 

Soon after we moved, in order, to the offical line at 8:00, security became involved and a discussion began. Their group of 70 all began to lie about what happened, saying they had no list and we cut to the front. I then showed the security personnel the Ten Club rules on unofficial lists and numbering systems and how they are prohibited. Security then decided to bring in event staff to further assist. Again their group shouted and screamed and I asked the event staff to read the same Ten Club rules. After discussion, event staff decided that we would stay at they front of the line and that any further issues of intimidation or threats would result in that person behind removed from the GA line. 

For the the next 8 hours we endured a continuous stream of subtle intimidation and even had people come up to us from the street to call us names and make faces. One of these people made a video andnposted to several Facebook groups in which he told us that we would have beer dumped on us all night for what we did. We had several people come to us in the front of the line asking us if this is where they receive their number. It was obvious that some people were told by the group to stop by the front of the line to find your number, as they would be in the front of the line. A pretty telling detail. 

Eventually, we enterered through security and into Wrigley Field, where there were still members of that group trying to intimidate us. We all know the rain that followed and we chose not to enter the melee that followed to get back into GA after the storm, instead watching from the back. 

This group, that contains many Australians, is on the rail at what may very well be every opportunity to do so. How can that be?  Every time?  They all win GA tickets and are lucky enough to be at the front of the GA line every show?  The odds on this happening randomly would be huge. Only it’s not happening randomly. Their system is in place and they intimidate anyone that might get in the way of them being first. It is very much like a
    cult. The tactics that they used, the mode by which they organized, the intimidation they attempted. When we didn’t break or give in to them, they turned to social media to spread lies, trying to make themselves, this group that far outnumbered the 4 of us, look like victims.  We had no way to get our side of the story to those same people, so we must be in the wrong. It’s sad, but we stood up for ourselves and I would do it again the exact same way if I had to. The clear leaders of this group appear to be all Australians. Their tactics need to be stopped. Everyone that is a member of Ten Club and purchases their GA tickets should have the same opportunities to experience a show from the rail if that’s what they choose. They shouldn’t have to abide by the rules and lies of a group who have decided to claim the rail every show and that if you don’t join their group, you will never have a chance to experience a show from the rail. 

I know this was a crazy crazy long post, but there is no other way to get the story across. There are certainly details that haven’t been added that I would gladly discuss with anyone that would care to hear them.  I also have many pictures to support my claims if anyone is interested and feels like they need additional proof. I could have put those pictures all over Facebook groups as well, but I chose not too. Anyone is certainly free to make their own decision as to whom they thought were right or wrong. I just ask that you make an educated decision based on as much factual information as possible and not just base your decision based on who can yell and scream the loudest. Thanks for reading. 

Thanks for posting your side of things.
    It's really disgusting and childish how they acted.
    Too bad you don't have audio/video documentation to send to 10club.
    I really wish the "rail rats" would come on here and explain/defend themselves. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:

No. Sitting in Murphy’s with a list of names doesn’t constitute standing in line. They knew exactly where the line started as they were in the front of it on Saturday morning. No different than us claiming we started a line while sitting in our Air BnB. We stood at the spot off of Wrigley controlled property where we were told to stand. Nobody else was there. 

• Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    jdopj said:
    PJNB said:

Thank goodness there are none of those issues in the lower reserve areas & maybe it's because I am 48 now, but I love having a seat for the time leading up to the start of the show & in between sets also the cup holders are clutch and being able to stow concessions under my seat. I had zero moments of stress at the 2 Safeco Shows once the gates opened & was able to make it to restrooms both nights in timely fashion  when Even Flow came on (by the way, best name ever for a Piss Break Song), but I guess if you want to be in GA the things mentioned in this thread are things one might have to contend with, I feel really bad for people who have had shitty experiences, because a Pearl Jam show should be a celebration. I have seen Ed throw people out over the years who were being douche bags in GA, unfortunately he can't monitor the entire GA crowd, not sure what a good compromise would be, or maybe these are just the assumed risks of being in GA
  • Options
    Is this narrative wrong on what happened?

- Night 1 ends and an unofficial line forms. Security moves them to a location that they are allowed to form the line and wait to be moved until 8:00am

- You guys show up, know that there is an unofficial line that was made long before you got there and you still push to get ahead of it knowing they camped out right after the show. 

- Security comes, does not give a shit and moves on

I have a couple of questions. If you knew that people were there way before you, 8:00am lineup time or not, why did you feel the need to get ahead of them? I would never have done that myself official line or not.  I am not defending them just find it ballsy to try and slip in like that. Yes 8:00am is the designated time but these people were moved to a section by security and told to wait there until they would all be moved to the official location. In the meantime you guys come in not waiting nearly as much as the others and take the front spot. I can understand how the other group would not be overjoyed by this but them using the list and confrontational attitude is ridiculous. I am not sure what 10 club thought would happen with the 8:00am but it seemed like they were ok with the unofficial line. Posting vids and pics on social media over this was unnecessary as well by them. To have your faces smeared on a page of over 60,000 people was not fair to you or your group. Fuck them for doing that. 
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    ascahn said:

I saw those facebook posts accusing you of cutting, and I immediately thought, "something is weird about this... why are they sitting there in chairs and nobody has done a thing about it?" Now I know why! This is terrible, and, I'm sad to say, it doesn't surprise me at all. These rail rats will do anything to get their way. They are scum. I hope people continue to call them out. I am so sorry this happened to you - how awful.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I think it's time for 10C to do something btw, besides sending out an email about no lists, and then not enforcing it. I wish they'd send someone to monitor these lines to actually make sure their rule is being followed, and send anyone breaking them to the back of the line. Their email about this says that people like this will be sent to the back of the line, but there is nobody there to do that. That's pretty weird to me. I know that in this case event staff and security came along and at least protected those folks from losing their place, but only after hours of harassment, and there really weren't any consequences for them.
  • Options
    If that video is still there on Facebook I would gladly rip it and save it and use it for evidence if that would help in any way if we could get that to 10C with the post you made here explaining what happened.  The more evidence and anecdotes we have I feel the greater chance we have at something being done about it
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,148
    Are they frequenters of this lovely forum? Perhaps not the 'strangest tribe' but more like ? .....
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    edited August 2018
    If that video is still there on Facebook I would gladly rip it and save it and use it for evidence if that would help in any way if we could get that to 10C with the post you made here explaining what happened.  The more evidence and anecdotes we have I feel the greater chance we have at something being done about it
    I was actually just browsing the FB group to see if I could find it for my own curiosity. No luck though. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    iwasthereiwasthere Posts: 511
    edited August 2018
    ascahn,
    I was 6th in line.

I saw what happened. I see your side for sure. Not exactly full story in my view. I never spoke to you, and that BS was over the top, you are right about that. Still, I did leave in the middle of Yellow Ledbetter on Saturday to get in line for Monday. Was allowed to be there til daybreak and told to move. Was in the exact spot you were and again told to move as the rule was 8am the next day. But still went across street to keep kicking can down road and linger. I didnt leave, I didnt sleep. I would have been where you were entire time but was told to leave tiI 8am. Well, you were still 9 hours early too and came at 11pm and go where I and others were told not to be. You just didnt encounter anyone telling you to leave again. I know the guy who was first came over and told you we had been there since the show ended the night before and was just waiting across street because we couldn't loiter there. You told him it didn't matter. It's fine I guess, you didn't break any laws or anything. I knew entire time you didn't operate outside of any 10c rules. You just knew there were several of us waiting directly across street and wanted to get around them. Now the large amount that showed up at 4, they aren't who I'm talking about and were not who we were asking you to get behind. At 4am I know the mob came across the street to line up, but not at 11pm when you arrived. I am talking to you about the people waiting in the unofficial line directly across the street that was looking back and forth with your crew all night, lol. That was less than 20 people that had been there. This is all unofficial of course as neither you nor us were supposed to be there yet. But you were 100% aware we were across street waiting for 24 hours longer than you and you thought if you stayed there you could get around them. Again, that's how you wanted to handle it, fine. I was sixth in line. Think we would agree the noise was coming from further back than me. With you in front, I was 10th, wasn't that big of deal. I was one of two people actually saying fuck it and to just get behind you at midnight even though I didn't like it. 

Beside all that, I get the railbird stuff! Was only my 2nd PJ show in past 5 years and first time up front in a decade. Was front and center before the rain and with much skill, lol, was front and center after rain. I had a great time but here is my vote to go back to reserved seating!!! Damn! The competitive nature is just to natural of a reaction. Everyone wants a good spot! 
    Post edited by iwasthere on
    tacos
  • Options
    I was actually just browsing the FB group to see if I could find it for my own curiosity. No luck though. 
    I just found it - I don't know if I am allowed to post a link to it here though, but if you use the search terms "line" and "cut" you will find it easily on that group

I also downloaded it to my hard drive in case they delete it.  If anyone wants it for the purposes of sending to 10C to try to get the issue resolved I would gladly upload it and send it to you!
  • Options
    I was accused of being a rail rat by a true rail rat after the downpour. She accused me of being ‘too tall’ in Buffalo. Problem is I’ve never been to Buffalo and there’s no such thing as ‘too tall’ in Chicago. And if I happen to see you in GA ever again, I’ll make sure to wear my Hi-Heal Jordan’s.  Cheers To all Non-Rail Rats!
This discussion has been closed.