Options

This merch situation is really frustrating.

Comments

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,446
    MB93672 said:
    MB93672 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    MB93672 said:
    I asked if any 10c members attending Wrigley getting merchandise could pick me up a extra poster. My final cost with shipping was 42.00 shipped today & have a confirmation number, maybe those of us who are real fans can help each other like that in the future so as to avoid flippers on Ebay & getting price gouged, maybe they could even create a new category in the forum specifically for that purpose. It's super easy when you use PayPal

Agreed. I did this for several people on this tour, all at face value. Happy to help if I can. 
    Yup and all were then not able to be purchased by fans at the show. I’m not convinced it’s better.  Well it’s better than flipping for crazy $ but I’m not convinced it’s totally noble to buy something and mail it when someone in line for 3 hours misses out then.  
    I agree with this too, lol. So someone is very nice to grab extra posters to mail to people or whatever, and those people getting the poster is very happy, but for every person you help out in this way, another person is left disappointed.
    noted. i'll refrain from this in the future. didn't think of it that way. i honestly was trying to be nice and help someone. no harm done. 
    Yeah as usual PJ soul said it better than I did. In the grand scheme of things it just merch anyhow and other will continue to buy and mail, so if you want to help someone out, and it’s in your allotment, you do you.

By the way - my daughter loves that poster! Happy since she couldn’t go with me due to school and we missed out on a Rome poster. But it’s going up on the wall by the green one a from 1998.
    good! i am glad she liked it! which 98 one are you referring to?
    and to clarify, i have gotten merch for people that are going to the shows and can't wait in line (flights, kids, diarrhea) . if i'm in line already getting myself a poster and a sticker and someone is like "hey can you grab me one keychain," i don't mind doing it. i see what you are saying that if everyone did that then the merch is limited for those also in line. i didn't do it last tour because multiple people were asking for huge amounts of stuff (10 plus items). kinda felt like my kindness was being abused. i was able to help 3 people this tour, you included. i'll retire now.
    Retire? Seriously? People have various reason for wanting something, if something is meaningful to someone and you have a chance to bring real joy to someone, why would you preclude yourself from doing that? Just because someone in an internet chat forum is trying to guilt you into it? They sold merchandise for 6 days here in Seattle, a bunch of those people were flippers, so really there is just as much a chance you are taking it from some flipper, than a real fan. You should never feel guilty about doing something nice for someone, but realistically no one should ever ask for more than 1 or 2 items. It should be on a case by case basis & you don't owe anyone an explanation when you are doing something nice that brings joy to someone's life.
    Oh man. Who knew stating an opinion about mailing merch would mean I was railing against one person and guilting another. It’s just my opinion.  I think people should do whatever they feel comfortable with. Just sharing my perspective. And to be fair, I’m not sure why I quoted her to begin with, meant to quote only you... stupid phone and forum. 
    Your point is totally valid.  People at the show should get first shot.  It’s great to help people out but let the people at the show get a poster before we start mailing them across the world. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    MB93672 said:
    MB93672 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    MB93672 said:
    I asked if any 10c members attending Wrigley getting merchandise could pick me up a extra poster. My final cost with shipping was 42.00 shipped today & have a confirmation number, maybe those of us who are real fans can help each other like that in the future so as to avoid flippers on Ebay & getting price gouged, maybe they could even create a new category in the forum specifically for that purpose. It's super easy when you use PayPal

Agreed. I did this for several people on this tour, all at face value. Happy to help if I can. 
    Yup and all were then not able to be purchased by fans at the show. I’m not convinced it’s better.  Well it’s better than flipping for crazy $ but I’m not convinced it’s totally noble to buy something and mail it when someone in line for 3 hours misses out then.  
    I agree with this too, lol. So someone is very nice to grab extra posters to mail to people or whatever, and those people getting the poster is very happy, but for every person you help out in this way, another person is left disappointed.
    noted. i'll refrain from this in the future. didn't think of it that way. i honestly was trying to be nice and help someone. no harm done. 
    Yeah as usual PJ soul said it better than I did. In the grand scheme of things it just merch anyhow and other will continue to buy and mail, so if you want to help someone out, and it’s in your allotment, you do you.

By the way - my daughter loves that poster! Happy since she couldn’t go with me due to school and we missed out on a Rome poster. But it’s going up on the wall by the green one a from 1998.
    and to clarify, i have gotten merch for people that are going to the shows and can't wait in line (flights, kids, diarrhea) . if i'm in line already getting myself a poster and a sticker and someone is like "hey can you grab me one keychain," i don't mind doing it. i see what you are saying that if everyone did that then the merch is limited for those also in line. i didn't do it last tour because multiple people were asking for huge amounts of stuff (10 plus items). kinda felt like my kindness was being abused. i was able to help 3 people this tour, you included. i'll retire now.
    Retire? Seriously? People have various reason for wanting something, if something is meaningful to someone and you have a chance to bring real joy to someone, why would you preclude yourself from doing that? Just because someone in an internet chat forum is trying to guilt you into it? They sold merchandise for 6 days here in Seattle, a bunch of those people were flippers, so really there is just as much a chance you are taking it from some flipper, than a real fan. You should never feel guilty about doing something nice for someone, but realistically no one should ever ask for more than 1 or 2 items. It should be on a case by case basis & you don't owe anyone an explanation when you are doing something nice that brings joy to someone's life.
    Oh man. Who knew stating an opinion about mailing merch would mean I was railing against one person and guilting another. It’s just my opinion.  I think people should do whatever they feel comfortable with. Just sharing my perspective. And to be fair, I’m not sure why I quoted her to begin with, meant to quote only you... stupid phone and forum. 
    You are right I shouldn't give a shit about your opinion, because it's totally irrelevant 

You need a drink....or to stop drinking. 
    I rarely drink, I prefer marijuana, mushrooms & LSD, but whatever go ahead & knock yourself out
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    jniko said:
    Some people pay for their travel by flipping.  If Pearl Jam curbed the flipping they probably would have a lot less travelers to shows.  Could impact sell outs.  They sell out stadiums and sell out their merchandise with the current system.  They aren't gonna change it.
    That seems absurd.  On what do you base your opinion that a big % fo those who travel to shows pay for it by flipping PJ merch?
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,120
    MB93672 said:
    MB93672 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    MB93672 said:

You are right I shouldn't give a shit about your opinion, because it's totally irrelevant 

I rarely drink, I prefer marijuana, mushrooms & LSD, but whatever go ahead & knock yourself out
    Will do. Enjoy your LSD!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,162
    edited August 2018
    TA243471 said:
    As soon as they start a presale again, a different group of people will start to bitch that they had to pay $35 for a man/bear/pig or that yellow thing from Zio Zeigler that is STILL  in the shop.
    :lol:
    That poster was the tipping point for me.  Up until then I was trying to obtain all the ones for shows I'd been to. When I saw that one I was like, yeeeeeah , maybe merch just isn't for me anymore!  (Though I couldn't pass up Wrigley merch, haha!)

Assume you made it to Wrigley this year?  I had to stay home this time, unfortunately.
    No, we went to the 2 in Seattle, and the 1 in Missoula, but I couldn't convince my wife that I really needed to hit those next 2!!! When the Missoula poster started selling for so much, I thought about trying to sell mine and see if that would pay for the 1st night in chicago, but then decided I couldn't go for just 1, and bagged the whole idea. I really like that poster, but damn.  If someone is willing to give me enough money to go to a show instead, I'll go for that every time!!!
    Post edited by TA243471 on
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
  • Options
    JH6056 said:
    jniko said:
    Some people pay for their travel by flipping.  If Pearl Jam curbed the flipping they probably would have a lot less travelers to shows.  Could impact sell outs.  They sell out stadiums and sell out their merchandise with the current system.  They aren't gonna change it.
    That seems absurd.  On what do you base your opinion that a big % fo those who travel to shows pay for it by flipping PJ merch?
    Exactly, they could have sold 60,000 seats at the Safeco shows, besides anyone who has to pimp out other Pearl Jam fans just to see more shows, doesn't deserve to see those extra shows, there's nothing honorable about buying a poster for $35 then pimping out other PJ fans on Ebay for $100-$150, that shits just fucked up. trust me Pearl Jam is so popular now there are more than enough fans to pick up the slack. I am 100% certain if Pearl Jam played Reser Stadium where Oregon State plays in Corvallis that they would sell it out, the fact that they are playing fewer shows, means the demand for the tickets is going to exceed the supply. Fuck flippers
  • Options
    MB93672 said:
    MB93672 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    MB93672 said:

Will do. Enjoy your LSD!
    I will thanks
  • Options
    aidt17aidt17 Posts: 614
    Being honest I bought 2 of the train posters, one for myself and 1 got one to try and trade for the EV Detroit 11 poster (show which I attended but didn’t get the poster). Sat down night 1 and started chatting with the couple beside us, he asked which poster I had and I told him, he said it was the only 1 he missed on, I asked him if he was coming back for night 2 which he said he wasn’t, felt bad for him so gave him my extra poster in a tube for 35 bucks. Long story short, probably could have made the trade, or sold to him for more but didn’t, so people buying 2 posters may not always be doing so for profit

Hamilton 05, 11, Cleveland 06, Toronto 09, 16, Buffalo 10,13, London 13, Seattle 13, Detroit 14, Milwaukee 14, Ottawa 16, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    I definitely think that it's good to not hoard things. I grabbed a buddy - who I met in the merch line a day before - a setlist shirt for N2 because he was worried they'd run out of his size and sold it for face to him. However, I think there is something to be said for people who are willing to spend their day in a merch line buying things instead of enjoying their day sight seeing or flying in right before the show. If merch is that important to them and they want to sleep outside of a merch tent all night, then so be it, and they all probably have L train posters. I met a lot of awesome fans waiting to buy merch, so even though I didn't get all the stuff I wanted, I had an amazing experience hanging out with other fans from all over.
    2006 PJ/Petty Milwaukee Night 1
    2007 Lollapalooza Chicago
    2013 Wrigley Chicago
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
  • Options
    aidt17 said:
    Being honest I bought 2 of the train posters, one for myself and 1 got one to try and trade for the EV Detroit 11 poster (show which I attended but didn’t get the poster). Sat down night 1 and started chatting with the couple beside us, he asked which poster I had and I told him, he said it was the only 1 he missed on, I asked him if he was coming back for night 2 which he said he wasn’t, felt bad for him so gave him my extra poster in a tube for 35 bucks. Long story short, probably could have made the trade, or sold to him for more but didn’t, so people buying 2 posters may not always be doing so for profit

GOOD JOB, THAT'S GREAT KARMA
  • Options
    I got engaged at Night One at Wrigley and my dying wish is to get a Setlist shirt from that show, signed from the band...
    But I'll live instead if someone be so kind as to sell me one haha any size - I want to have it framed ... case anyone here may or may not be the nicest person ever lmk thanks! 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,221
    aidt17 said:

Is the 2011 EV the one with Chris Chelios on it?  I might be able to help you out on that one.
  • Options
    JakeN7JakeN7 Posts: 57
    Anyone looking for an XL tower shirt for face value?
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,016
    JH6056 said:
    jniko said:
    He never said a big percentage. But I believe it. Not a big percentage, but some, a small percentage at least.
    I only went by selling merch. It was mostly merch I bought several years ago without intention of ever selling (that included some PJ20 shoes and several pieces of vinyl that I kept sealed as a second copy to display and I realized I only display the copies I spin anyway), but it came down to me needing to make about $1000 to go, and that was how I did it. It isn't hard to imagine someone realizing if they get there early and buy a few of the right posters and shirts they can make several hundred bucks. Someone who picked up 2 Thomas posters and 2 setlist shirts could walk away with $500 profit. I'm sure plenty of fans have figured that out and count on that to help cover the cost.
  • Options
    1upstate1upstate near Syracuse NY Posts: 201
    JakeN7 said:
    Anyone looking for an XL tower shirt for face value?
    message sent 
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine"
  • Options
    aidt17aidt17 Posts: 614
    Zod said:
    aidt17 said:

Is the 2011 EV the one with Chris Chelios on it?  I might be able to help you out on that one.
    That would be the one....missed it at the show and again at the drop in the shop 
    Hamilton 05, 11, Cleveland 06, Toronto 09, 16, Buffalo 10,13, London 13, Seattle 13, Detroit 14, Milwaukee 14, Ottawa 16, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    mikeliskamikeliska Posts: 248
    I gotta assume all the crusty Aussie rail rat duders are merch flippers.  With real estate prices the way they are down under those trust funds ran dry years ago.  Why can't they just sell ganja goo balls and leave the posters to the fans?
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,058
    aidt17 said:
    Zod said:

That would be the one....missed it at the show and again at the drop in the shop 
    Pretty sure I saw the real Chris Chelios after the Saturday show in GA pit as we were exiting. He was standing a few feet behind me, with the rest of his friends, all with "Chelios" guest passes. 
  • Options
    BV42562BV42562 Posts: 9
    mikeliska said:
    I gotta assume all the crusty Aussie rail rat duders are merch flippers.  With real estate prices the way they are down under those trust funds ran dry years ago.  Why can't they just sell ganja goo balls and leave the posters to the fans?
    This is top of the line message board comment. Well done  :) 
  • Options
    RansomPTDRansomPTD Posts: 295
    To late for this tour but, I wish they would do a Ten Club only merch tent for the members. 
  • Options
    TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,162
    I wish they could do a 10 club only give all the shit away for free tent for members only.  It would at least stop all the whining about merch on the forum.  Actually, it probably wouldn't.  Nevermind.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,803
    TA243471 said:
    I wish they could do a 10 club only give all the shit away for free tent for members only.  It would at least stop all the whining about merch on the forum.  Actually, it probably wouldn't.  Nevermind.

Your correct.  It wouldn’t 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    edited August 2018

This same poster is on Ebay has 15 bids & is currently up to $177.50, Ultimately they will drop down to the $125.00 range or so, but I was able to save like $80.00 due to the generosity of the fellow 10c member who was getting merchandise anyway, nothing wrong with doing nice things for other people. I used to ride this train every day, I lived on Pine Grove & Waveland would walk the 4 blocks to Wrigley & was fortunate enough to see 20+ Cubs games a year, so there is a deeply personal connection to this poster, it's going to go proudly on my wall & I only have like 8 Pearl Jam posters, so I certainly have not invested the time or money that many of you have. Unfortunately the cost of living is really high here in Seattle & just don't have the extra money to spend $125.00 on a poster.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pearl-Jam-Chicago-Wrigley-Field-Poster-2018-Steve-Thomas/332768241917?hash=item4d7a8868fd:g:eHIAAOSwJbpbduaO
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    I found it funny when all i got was one poster on Saturday, Thomas was sold out already, and the merch guy looked at me strange. He asked me if I was sure i didn't want the other remaining posters and I said nope, the Jackson and Thomas were the only two I wanted. A friend was able to grab me a Thomas when they opened the second merch stand at 3pm on Saturday. Now bring on Fenway, heard that Klausen might have another ticket style poster like the Seattle one, if so it's mine!

NYPJ
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    edited August 2018
    i have all poster of shows i went..62 pj and 2 ev..ok,i missing one,but 10c didnt drop it yet..
    some shows had 2,3,or 5 posters..so  must be total 80 posters from show ive been and like 40 posters from shows i just love the poster and got it..
    i never paid in my life more than face value..got them all at cost..and i never will pay secondary market..
    just yesterday i got the only poster i missing,ev taormina 2 the horse,AP version for cost..76 dollars was if i remember what i paid./.
    i prefer to not have any posters at all than pay even 1 dollar above face value..im not gonna support in any way fuckin flippers..they willnot get any extra money from me ,above  face value..no fuckin way,not in this life or the next one.
    #SayNoToFlippers
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    jhager79jhager79 Kitchener Ontario Posts: 234
    It took me 3 trips to the merch tent to get everything I wanted,including being in line at 6am Monday morning but overall I was totally satisfied with the experience compared to some past shows I've been to. Could changes be made? Of course,  I would love if 10c members could order and pick up merchandise before the show but from what I've heard 10c is a pretty small operation so not sure if it could be done. 
    [img][/img]Kitchener2005
    Toronto 2003
    Toronto 2000
    Barrie 1998
    Toronto 1993
    London 2005

Toronto 2006 May 9/10
    Toronto 2009
    Toronto Sept 11/12 2011
    London 2013
    Detroit 2014
    Toronto 2016 May 10/12
    Chicago 2018 N2
    "No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead"
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,016
    edited August 2018
    i have all poster of shows i went..62 pj and 2 ev..ok,i missing one,but 10c didnt drop it yet..
    some shows had 2,3,or 5 posters..so  must be total 80 posters from show ive been and like 40 posters from shows i just love the poster and got it..
    i never paid in my life more than face value..got them all at cost..and i never will pay secondary market..
    just yesterday i got the only poster i missing,ev taormina 2 the horse,AP version for cost..76 dollars was if i remember what i paid./.
    i prefer to not have any posters at all than pay even 1 dollar above face value..im not gonna support in any way fuckin flippers..they willnot get any extra money from me ,above  face value..no fuckin way,not in this life or the next one.
    #SayNoToFlippers
    No way can you get every poster unless your're willing to wait hours and hours in line.
    I don't want to spend hours and hours in line. I remember Wrigley '13 I talked to some who spent 8 hours, only to have posters sell out before they got there, so they did it again the next day. No thanks.
    I'm not going to spend more than maybe double (with a couple exceptions), so that's why I only have about half the posters for my shows. I'd rather pay a flipper an extra $50 if I really want it (and I find myself thinking many aren't worth the extra $50) than spend half a day in line (often multiple times).
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,769
    edited August 2018
    JH6056 said:
    Seattle was crazy 6 straight days of 2-4 hour waits, I was out there for 2 of the days with my 100w speaker playing Pearl Jam music & at least 50% of those people were non-pearl jam fans w/the sole express purpose of flipping the merchandise, it was pretty easy to tell by their disdain for Pearl Jam music, my only thought she all these people pimping out Pearl Jam fans is that this is so completely fucked up, but whatever if I really want something I just find someone who can get me a extra one & I paypal them the money plus shipping, fortunately there are a lot of hella cool Pearl Jam fans out there.
    Hi BBH, this doesn't help you with your poster request, but just wanted to point something out about you blasting PJ in the line for hours.  First off, love that you're bringing the PJ love and showing the love.  That said, while I was in line for 3 hrs on the day of Seattle 1, it was actually a big convo in the line among my linemates (and whoever happened to be on either side of us at various times during the wait), and we were surprised at how many of us have the same preference to NOT listen to the band we're going to see that day before the show.

It's just a preference - if I'd been in line with you I would never have asked you to stop playing PJ.  But when you said it was obvious you were in line with flippers because of their disdain for PJ music, some people are hardcore about this, they REALLY do NOT like listening to the band they're going to see on the day of the show.

So just wanted to give you that context, some of those folks may not have been non-PJ fans, some of them may have been mega PJ purists and really not wanted to have their rule broken for hours when they couldn't escape it until they were done buying!

Again, NOT saying you shouldn't do this, I think the spirit of it is far cooler and more fun than any concern about people's individual preferences, so I'm cool with it.  But wanted you to have that perspective since it was surprising how many of us in my line had the same habit, no headliner music day of show.  So the live show is fresh and knocks you that much more on your feet is how we felt. 

Big love!
    I was in line Sunday for 3 hours & it was boring & uncomfortable. & fans after kept coming up to me & thanking me for bring the music, I gave of my time to try and make everyone's experience better & I would NEVER get pissed off at anyone playing Pearl Jam music, unless it was the same song on a loop, especially when I am going to be at 2 shows where I am going be singing at least 3/4 of the songs, there's no better warm up for that, and I had an amazing time at both Safeco Field shows, Tim Bierman came by and thanked me & shook my hand, so that's good enough for me.
    Tim was cool super nice guy!
    He still couldn’t answer all my questions though which we laughed about.
    Post edited by RobbyD462 on
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    RobbyD462 said:
    JH6056 said:
    Seattle was crazy 6 straight days of 2-4 hour waits, I was out there for 2 of the days with my 100w speaker playing Pearl Jam music & at least 50% of those people were non-pearl jam fans w/the sole express purpose of flipping the merchandise, it was pretty easy to tell by their disdain for Pearl Jam music, my only thought she all these people pimping out Pearl Jam fans is that this is so completely fucked up, but whatever if I really want something I just find someone who can get me a extra one & I paypal them the money plus shipping, fortunately there are a lot of hella cool Pearl Jam fans out there.
    Hi BBH, this doesn't help you with your poster request, but just wanted to point something out about you blasting PJ in the line for hours.  First off, love that you're bringing the PJ love and showing the love.  That said, while I was in line for 3 hrs on the day of Seattle 1, it was actually a big convo in the line among my linemates (and whoever happened to be on either side of us at various times during the wait), and we were surprised at how many of us have the same preference to NOT listen to the band we're going to see that day before the show.

It's just a preference - if I'd been in line with you I would never have asked you to stop playing PJ.  But when you said it was obvious you were in line with flippers because of their disdain for PJ music, some people are hardcore about this, they REALLY do NOT like listening to the band they're going to see on the day of the show.

So just wanted to give you that context, some of those folks may not have been non-PJ fans, some of them may have been mega PJ purists and really not wanted to have their rule broken for hours when they couldn't escape it until they were done buying!

Again, NOT saying you shouldn't do this, I think the spirit of it is far cooler and more fun than any concern about people's individual preferences, so I'm cool with it.  But wanted you to have that perspective since it was surprising how many of us in my line had the same habit, no headliner music day of show.  So the live show is fresh and knocks you that much more on your feet is how we felt. 

Big love!
    I was in line Sunday for 3 hours & it was boring & uncomfortable. & fans after kept coming up to me & thanking me for bring the music, I gave of my time to try and make everyone's experience better & I would NEVER get pissed off at anyone playing Pearl Jam music, unless it was the same song on a loop, especially when I am going to be at 2 shows where I am going be singing at least 3/4 of the songs, there's no better warm up for that, and I had an amazing time at both Safeco Field shows, Tim Bierman came by and thanked me & shook my hand, so that's good enough for me.
    Tim was cool super nice guy!
    He still couldn’t answer all my questions though which we laughed about.
    Totally cool, and one of the best experiences from that day was one of the two guys who had been doing gate security came up to me after his shift ended, I had been bumping the Pearl Jam on the boom box all day, and said "what band is this? this music's awesome" I said, It's Pearl Jam the band who is playing across the street, so I helped make at least one more Pearl Jam fan that day  =)