Options

Missoula Poster

Comments

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    Jvollman said:
    Hopefully all these hypocrites who are enraged do not attend this weekend and thin out the GA pit!!  

Perhaps the poster went a bit too far? I was not a fan of "When they go low, we go high" nonsense, but does the band have to stoop to the moronic GOP level of discourse?

Saying that, would love to hear anyone in the band publicly invite any trump supporter to stay home at the away shows or even all future PJ shows 
    There are lots of Trump voters who also voted for Obama. Many people who need to be persuaded away if you're hoping for a change in 2020. Finding new ways daily to tell them to go fuck themselves is not a step in the right direction. 
  • Options
    mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    edited August 2018
    A little disappointed.  The Band who “cares about there fans” should understand there is a lot of fans that don’t agree with them politically. Causing a divide between the fan base isn’t good.  I love the music, the shows etc.  going to Wrigley both nights.  Hoping for good music and not a political lecture.
    Same. 

Both left and right are divisive, inflammatory children engaged in the world’s biggest slap fight. I’m over them both. 

That said PJ are political.. No surprise there. So when Ed gets on his soap box, do like me and take advantage of the “low content” window to piss and grab a beer :) Then back to the show for more Rock & Roll. 
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Options
    Having a red hat embroidered today that says “Make America Read Again”... 

Solely as performance art / social experiment to see who is triggered into outrage without actually reading the hat.  =)
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    kenk said:
    This just finally hit the front page of Yahoo. They are a little late to the party but apparently this isn't ready to die down yet.
    Nope. It is going to grow. And I feel we are gonna get a better show at Wrigley because of it.

I'm hoping it carries over to Fenway too.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,772

Solely as performance art / social experiment to see who is triggered into outrage without actually reading the hat.  =)
    Ahh...so you're looking for confrontation but selling it as a social experiment. That's quite clever...or not.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    gatorjamgatorjam West Palm Beach, Florida Posts: 187
    Oh please have the idiot Trump tweet about it.  Please have the idiot Trump tweet about it!!!!
    2003-Tampa
    2006-East Rutherford
    2008-West Palm Beach
    2009- Philadelphia
    2016- Fort Lauderdale and Miami
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969

Hoping Wrigley is jam-packed with bangers, some anger, and a long night of fun.

GRIEVANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I was thinking the same thing... Has to happen 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    gatorjam said:
    Oh please have the idiot Trump tweet about it.  Please have the idiot Trump tweet about it!!!!
    if we get a Trump tweet, 8.18.18 will be a classic long show with angry deep tracks.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,637
    A little disappointed.  The Band who “cares about there fans” should understand there is a lot of fans that don’t agree with them politically. Causing a divide between the fan base isn’t good.  I love the music, the shows etc.  going to Wrigley both nights.  Hoping for good music and not a political lecture.
    Being critical of trump isn’t divisive. The reaction from trump supporters, who are intolerant of any criticism of him, is what’s divisive. People expecting the band to change in order to protect their feelings are who you should be disappointed with. 
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    Jvollman said:
    Hopefully all these hypocrites who are enraged do not attend this weekend and thin out the GA pit!!  

Perhaps the poster went a bit too far? I was not a fan of "When they go low, we go high" nonsense, but does the band have to stoop to the moronic GOP level of discourse?

Saying that, would love to hear anyone in the band publicly invite any trump supporter to stay home at the away shows or even all future PJ shows 
    There are lots of Trump voters who also voted for Obama. Many people who need to be persuaded away if you're hoping for a change in 2020. Finding new ways daily to tell them to go fuck themselves is not a step in the right direction. 
    There are also lots of people who voted tRump that won't again... And many who voted 3rd party in protest that won't again 

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,637
    pjl44 said:
    Jvollman said:

Most Obama voters who voted for trump have already ditched him. trump support only remains with republicans and not middle of the road swing voters. If trump is still around, he has little chance of winning in 2020. 
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    pjl44 said:
    Jvollman said:

There are also lots of people who voted tRump that won't again... And many who voted 3rd party in protest that won't again 
    I have said it before... but I think if there were an election on any day since the 2016 POTUS election, Trump wouldnt come close to winning. Too many people were lulled to sleep and/or thinking it couldnt happen, or thinking it really couldnt/wouldnt be that bad... the victory was still razor thin.  
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Ahh...so you're looking for confrontation but selling it as a social experiment. That's quite clever...or not.
    How is that looking for confrontation? 

When folks yell yell at me, point to the hat. Lesson in paying attention and jumping to conclusions. Seems illogical to demand respect for opinions on a poster then attack someone for opinions expressed on a hat, no?

Perhaps this will help people learn to pay attention and/or think twice before attacking someone who they perceive, on the surface, to have differing opinions than them.. before getting to know the whole story. 

Im not too worried about physical confrontation as only insane people with no life would hit someone over a hat.... and PJ fans are good folks who treat each other with respect  =)
    Post edited by mattsavard on

• Options

pjl44 said:
    Jvollman said:

I’ll be voting 3rd party again.. and again... until the left and right stop acting like children. Neither deserves a vote right now. I refuse to buy into the forced two party system. Those who share my sentiment are growing. 

• Options
    gatorjamgatorjam West Palm Beach, Florida Posts: 187
    i get trying not to divide people/fans but these are, imo, extreme circumstances, so NOW is definitely not a time to take a step back.
    i hope ed gets the trump mask out next...

What has Eddie said in the past?  Some people may not like that fiber in their diet, but he feels that it is part of the band and they have a responsibility to voice their opinion.  To paraphrase loosely.  
    2003-Tampa
    2006-East Rutherford
    2008-West Palm Beach
    2009- Philadelphia
    2016- Fort Lauderdale and Miami
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    Jvollman said:

Most Obama voters who voted for trump have already ditched him. trump support only remains with republicans and not middle of the road swing voters. If trump is still around, he has little chance of winning in 2020. 
    I *think* you're probably right, but everyone thought 2016 would be a Clinton cakewalk, too.

On the other hand, I voted Libertarian in '16 and hard to see a scenario where I don't again.
  • Options
    unknownunknown Posts: 531
    so i really want that poster for my collection, is there anyone offering it online besides ebay ? does the
    artist sell it on their site?  any help would be appreciated.

thanks
  • Options
    unknown said:
    so i really want that poster for my collection, is there anyone offering it online besides ebay ? does the
    artist sell it on their site?  any help would be appreciated.

thanks
    Very good odds more will be released online shortly. They have Been doing that with many posters this year. Just keep your eyes peeled.

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,792
    nicknyr15 said:
    Jvollman said:

I have to start with the fact that I’m not a supporter of either parties. Having said that, how is your last sentence not racist? Telling people to not come because of their political beliefs? What’s the difference there? I’m honestky curious. What an odd mentality that would be 
    The post isn't racist.  It's just silly.  I didn't realize a Pearl Jam show should solely be comprised of people what the exact same views as the band.  The band has a right to their views, and their fans have a right to disagree with them.  
    Yes. Thank you fir clarifying my comment. I def worded it wrong. 
  • Options

pjl44 said:
    Jvollman said:

I’ll be voting 3rd party again.. and again... until the left and right stop acting like children. Neither deserves a vote right now. I refuse to buy into the forced two party system. Those who share my sentiment are growing. 
    you mean you'll vote republican....cause that is what the result is

• Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,537
    Ross Perot 2021?
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    edited August 2018
    No... it means I’m supporting the groundswell of Americans who aren’t represented by, nor respect the Democratic or Republican Party... and this is our channel and right to voice our beliefs.

America needs to wake up and realize we deserve better than having to choose between the lesser of two evils. The system is broken and needs to be shaken up.

If you read this thread, the Democrats have 2020 in hand after the Trump Debacle so you guys don’t need my vote... nor do you deserve it. Sorry! =).

At least we have common ground on an amazing rock band, though! 
    Post edited by mattsavard on

• Options
    blackhawksblackhawks Posts: 307

That sounds like a you problem.  Worry about your own vote.  Who is sane enough to vote either D or R knowing the machines there are?  You really think either, with the $ they haul in from biz, etc., will represent or will follow through with anything resembling your desires?  Not this guy.  
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
  • Options
    TremormanTremorman Posts: 381
    eddiec said:
    ME10280 said:

I know it's not a wish.  I know they love the country & it's the politics the artists are against.  I, personally, just don't like images of our monuments burning.  Nothing more.  Nothing less. 

I wouldn't live anywhere else.  Freedom of speech rules!!! 

But isn't the message of the poster that Trump is burning down the White House because of his own actions?

That's what I gathered from it.  Especially in view of the massive forest fires and the general disdain for Climate science this administration has.  The real WH obviously doesn't have a desert on the front lawn.  My first thought was that its a climate change statement.
  • Options

That sounds like a you problem.  Worry about your own vote.  Who is sane enough to vote either D or R knowing the machines there are?  You really think either, with the $ they haul in from biz, etc., will represent or will follow through with anything resembling your desires?  Not this guy.  
    so keep voting tRump....see if I care

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496

In the past I've voted 3rd party, at least in presidential elections.

For the near future though, I'll be voting democrat across the board. I hate the two party system, but I hate Trump and what he represents even more.

The behavior from this administration isn't normal or ok, and it's about fucking time everyone started acknowledging it & acting accordingly.

• Options
    blackhawksblackhawks Posts: 307

Keep being a sucker and voting for the D machine.  I am voting neither R nor D so your idea I am voting R is ludicrous.  Just trying to find blame with someone else for making their own decision.  
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,772

How is that looking for confrontation? 

When folks yell yell at me, point to the hat. Lesson in paying attention and jumping to conclusions. Seems illogical to demand respect for opinions on a poster then attack someone for opinions expressed on a hat, no?

Perhaps this will help people learn to pay attention and/or think twice before attacking someone who they perceive, on the surface, to have differing opinions than them.. before getting to know the whole story. 

Im not too worried about physical confrontation as only insane people with no life would hit someone over a hat.... and PJ fans are good folks who treat each other with respect  =)
    I feel the difference is the poster was a statement from the band.

You are outwardly looking to "trigger" people by having a specialized hat made. Your goal is to get the negative reactions. You made no mention of wanting to also see how many MAGA folks see your hat and praise without reading it.

There is a difference, though I highly doubt we will agree. And that is all okay. Moving onward....
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options

Keep being a sucker and voting for the D machine.  I am voting neither R nor D so your idea I am voting R is ludicrous.  Just trying to find blame with someone else for making their own decision.  
    Why worry about putting up appealing candidates when they can just condescendingly sneer at people?

boldstrategycotton.gif
  • Options
    MisterEtake2MisterEtake2 Posts: 372
    edited August 2018
    the Democrats have 2020 in hand after the Trump Debacle so you guys don’t need my vote... nor do you deserve it. Sorry! =).  
    That's absolutely not true.  It happened in 2016 and can very easily happen again in 2020.