Taxpayers should not fund ANY agenda.

13»

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,644
    edited August 2018
    just so we are better informed about just WHERE the center will be located and the communities who will benefit from this infrastructure.....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I think McDonalds is his go-to choice. 
    I'm 44 and fast food does not agree with me anymore. I used to love it to death. I don't know how a 70 year old can not feel like a corpse after injesting that garbage. 
    Well, I mean, a burger is a burger. You can get a burger in a gastro pub or at McDonald's - there is no reason one should feel any worse with the fast food burger in most cases, no matter how much better one tastes over the other. They're both just made of basic burger ingredients.... the gastro pub's bun might have more fiber I suppose, depending, lol. The fries are different though - McDonald's sprays theirs with liquid fructose before they're frozen (which is why they're so fucking good, lol).
    facts are facts. I feel like shit everytime I eat Mcdonald's. about 3 or 4 years now I'd estimate. A&W is probably the place I feel the least shitty. Going to a regular restaurant, never have issues. could be a specific ingredient in McD's recipe, I don't know, but all I know is out of the blue every time I have it I feel like I'm about to fall into a coma. 

oh, and it ain't the taste. I fucking love the taste of McD's burgers. their cheeseburgers have an oddly addicting quality to them. 
    I'm with you.  The only fast food I've had in the last 6 years in Chick Fil-a.  I never feel bad after eating that, but anything else I know it's killing me.  If there were no repercussions, I'd eat a Baconator from Wendy's at least 3x a week though.  
    The only think you have to feel bad about there is the fact that you're helping to fund a homophobic company.
    I would suggest to anyone who isn't a homophobe to boycott Chick Fil-A.
    The employees at Chick fil a are young and likely to be liberal.  They provide a good working wage for young people in my area, and teach them to work hard and be respectful.  It's a great place to eat.  The family owners are the conservative ones.  I guarantee after the elder statesmen of the family retires, they will go public.  Although everything will probably go to shit when that happens.  
    They aren't just conservative - they homophobes and they use some of their profits to fund anti-LGBT groups. That means your money is going towards bigotry every time you eat there. Of course I'm not telling you what to do or anything - I'm just saying that if it were me, there is no way I'd give my money towards that, no matter who they employ.
    Have you had the chicken though? I would eat there if I was gay lol
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I'm 44 and fast food does not agree with me anymore. I used to love it to death. I don't know how a 70 year old can not feel like a corpse after injesting that garbage. 
    Well, I mean, a burger is a burger. You can get a burger in a gastro pub or at McDonald's - there is no reason one should feel any worse with the fast food burger in most cases, no matter how much better one tastes over the other. They're both just made of basic burger ingredients.... the gastro pub's bun might have more fiber I suppose, depending, lol. The fries are different though - McDonald's sprays theirs with liquid fructose before they're frozen (which is why they're so fucking good, lol).
    facts are facts. I feel like shit everytime I eat Mcdonald's. about 3 or 4 years now I'd estimate. A&W is probably the place I feel the least shitty. Going to a regular restaurant, never have issues. could be a specific ingredient in McD's recipe, I don't know, but all I know is out of the blue every time I have it I feel like I'm about to fall into a coma. 

oh, and it ain't the taste. I fucking love the taste of McD's burgers. their cheeseburgers have an oddly addicting quality to them. 
    I'm with you.  The only fast food I've had in the last 6 years in Chick Fil-a.  I never feel bad after eating that, but anything else I know it's killing me.  If there were no repercussions, I'd eat a Baconator from Wendy's at least 3x a week though.  
    The only think you have to feel bad about there is the fact that you're helping to fund a homophobic company.
    The employees at Chick fil a are young and likely to be liberal.  They provide a good working wage for young people in my area, and teach them to work hard and be respectful.  It's a great place to eat.  The family owners are the conservative ones.  I guarantee after the elder statesmen of the family retires, they will go public.  Although everything will probably go to shit when that happens.  
    They aren't just conservative - they homophobes and they use some of their profits to fund anti-LGBT groups. That means your money is going towards bigotry every time you eat there. Of course I'm not telling you what to do or anything - I'm just saying that if it were me, there is no way I'd give my money towards that, no matter who they employ.
    OK ... is the chicken really that good?  They are opening some restaurants in Toronto.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

OK ... is the chicken really that good?  They are opening some restaurants in Toronto.
    also should note, more of those are franchised than corporate stores.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

No, it isn't.  Better than McDonalds for sure, but nothing the average cook couldn't make for themselves at home.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    mickeyrat said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

So boycotting them really only hurts the franchise owner and his staff...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    rgambs said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

No, it isn't.  Better than McDonalds for sure, but nothing the average cook couldn't make for themselves at home.
    I will avoid going there.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    mickeyrat said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

primarily. so consider this, in supporting legislation to deny equality in gay marriage, the SCOTUS has made gay marriage legal.

do you have any friends or family you are fond of who you disagree with politically? or shun due to their religious convictions?

edited September 2018
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

primarily. so consider this, in supporting legislation to deny equality in gay marriage, the SCOTUS has made gay marriage legal.

do you have any friends or family you are fond of who you disagree with politically? or shun due to their religious convictions?
    No I do not  shun people over religion or politics.  My sister is a devoted Catholic ... when visiting with her I just avoid the topic.  I know the reasons she likes the church ... 
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,537
    I don't any fast food in general but I don't eat there in particular for the same reason I don't shop at hobby lobby.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,621
    rgambs said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

It's very good for the price and speed.  Better than any other fast food,  and some middle of the road restaurants too. Because it isn't publicly traded,  they are always well staffed and clean.  Very different than restaurants that are always watching the labor hours vs hourly sales and cutting staff during the day.  If you have a social issue with them,  then don't go.  But if you don't,  you should definitely go.. and get a shake too. They are tremendous. 
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Now Raising Canes...that's some chicken I can get behind.
    Need to find a copycat recipe for that sauce.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

It's very good for the price and speed.  Better than any other fast food,  and some middle of the road restaurants too. Because it isn't publicly traded,  they are always well staffed and clean.  Very different than restaurants that are always watching the labor hours vs hourly sales and cutting staff during the day.  If you have a social issue with them,  then don't go.  But if you don't,  you should definitely go.. and get a shake too. They are tremendous. 
    I think I'll give them a try ...

A radio show I listen to, one of the DJ's rave about their food.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I think I'll give them a try ...

A radio show I listen to, one of the DJ's rave about their food.
    I like them even though they stopped selling the spicy chicken biscuit for breakfast:(

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Gus's Fried Chicken in Memphis 2014 was life changing. 

Now THAT was finger lickin good