how do i get compensated for the sale of spare TC ticket?

MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
edited July 2018 in The Porch
hi i have a spare Reserved seating ticket if i were to sell, how will i get compensated for it?  I'm new to this.  thanks.
38 concerts and counting
"I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
Post edited by MR242791 on

Comments

• Paypal or Venmo?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,967
    Cash, cheque, paypal, venmo, etc.

It is yours to make whatever transactions you want with it...as long as it isn't above face!
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,271
    MR242791 said:
    hi i have a spare Reserved seating ticket if i were to sell, how will i get compensated for it?  I'm new to this.  thanks.
    You get paid by whomever you sell the ticket too. Ie cash or paypal etc.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,013
    PayPal or cash will be what I use.
  • MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    so transactions are done through paypay or venmo?  okay thanks.
    38 concerts and counting
  • EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 740
    I would use paypal so you are protected. Make the transaction for goods. Not sure there is much recourse on venmo since its person to person. 
  • It is up to you and the buyer.  I would be sure you get paid before you transfer if it is someone you don't know.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    It is up to you and the buyer.  I would be sure you get paid before you transfer if it is someone you don't know.  
    so the buyer is taking all the risk.  i should receive the money first and then send the ticket correct?
    38 concerts and counting
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,893
    MR242791 said:
    It is up to you and the buyer.  I would be sure you get paid before you transfer if it is someone you don't know.  
    so the buyer is taking all the risk.  i should receive the money first and then send the ticket correct?
    Yes, receive the money first, and it's not a risk to the buyer as long as you are not using the friends and family/gift option on PayPal. If you're using the goods and services option, the buyer will be protected.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,640
    Cash, grass or ass
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023 • Baltimore 2024

• unlededunleded Posts: 30
    There's a PayPal fee though if you do it as a merchant transaction. I think it's 2.9% plus $0.30. 
    04/25/95 - met EV @ Hovercraft show; 09/24/96 - MD; 09/18/98 - MD (caught MC drumstick); 09/04/00 - MD; 07/01/03 - VA; 10/01/04 - Reading; 10/11/04 - DC; 05/30/06 - DC; 06/11/08 - WPB; 08/24/09 - Chicago; 11/15/13 - Dallas; 11/16/13 - OKC
    unleded said:
    There's a PayPal fee though if you do it as a merchant transaction. I think it's 2.9% plus $0.30. 
    Yes, true. It is well worth it of course. I personally don't understand why anyone would not choose that method just because of that fee. That amount of money isn't worth the risk at all IMO.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • unlededunleded Posts: 30
    PJ_Soul said:
    unleded said:
    Yes, true. It is well worth it of course. I personally don't understand why anyone would not choose that method just because of that fee. That amount of money isn't worth the risk at all IMO.
    I don't use PayPal for much except occasionally buying off Ebay. There, I know buyers and sellers are each protected in some way. If you receive money in a friend transaction, what's the risk to the receiver? Isn't risk all on the sender? If that's the case, then the sender should include the fee in the transaction to mitigate his/her risk. 
    04/25/95 - met EV @ Hovercraft show; 09/24/96 - MD; 09/18/98 - MD (caught MC drumstick); 09/04/00 - MD; 07/01/03 - VA; 10/01/04 - Reading; 10/11/04 - DC; 05/30/06 - DC; 06/11/08 - WPB; 08/24/09 - Chicago; 11/15/13 - Dallas; 11/16/13 - OKC
    edited July 2018
    unleded said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    unleded said:
    I don't use PayPal for much except occasionally buying off Ebay. There, I know buyers and sellers are each protected in some way. If you receive money in a friend transaction, what's the risk to the receiver? Isn't risk all on the sender? If that's the case, then the sender should include the fee in the transaction to mitigate his/her risk. 
    Yes, it's all risk to the sender. It is up to the people making the deal who pays the fees, but normally, the person being protected is the one who should be paying the fee one way or another (those who invoice the senders will just add the amount to the bill). Some receivers will pay it just to sweeten whatever deal is being made, kind of like a bonus or a discount.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 740
    unleded said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    unleded said:
    The risk to the receiver = fake ticket or nothing gets sent. Risk to the sender = the buyer makes a false claim about the ticket and tries to get their money back. By running it as a goods transaction both parties are covered to some extent. 
  • Bec88Bec88 Posts: 9
    MR242791 said:
    Wouldn’t happen to be selling one for either Fenway shows by any chance? 
  • cjzolycjzoly Posts: 508
    RS151862 said:
    Cash, grass or ass

Nobody attends PJ for free....
    I'm a Thief, I'm a Liar, There's my Church, I sing in the Choir...Hallelujah...
    edited July 2018
    unleded said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    unleded said:
    The risk to the receiver = fake ticket or nothing gets sent. Risk to the sender = the buyer makes a false claim about the ticket and tries to get their money back. By running it as a goods transaction both parties are covered to some extent. 
    Yeah, someone falsely claiming that a real ticket is fake after the transaction is completed is a possibility, although I don't think they'd get anywhere with that in the disputes process - I'd imagine that PayPal has gotten pretty good at weeding those out. But in any case, yeah, no matter what, both sides of the transaction are protected with the goods and services option.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • whoyouare72whoyouare72 Posts: 2,144
    edited July 2018
    Pay pal does not provide seller protection when the seller emails, or sends electronically, something of value to the buyer.

From their website:

"Protected transactions

We cover physical goods (not digital items or services) that are sold and shipped with proof of delivery from within the United States to buyers around the globe. To help ensure you’re protected, ship within 7 days to the address indicated in the transaction details, and provide an accurate delivery estimate."

I learned the hard way a few years back I sold some tickets to a show and just emailed the tickets to the eBay buyer and they said they never received them and pay pal took their side and said they don't cover items of value sent via email or otherwise sent electronically. You have to have proof of physical delivery of the physical item like a ticket.

Post edited by whoyouare72 on
    Wow, good to know. I wasn't aware of that part.
    edited July 2018

@MR242791

Only accept cash in person!!!!!

Trust me there are tons of slime balls out there out to get these electronic tickets transferred to them and pay via pay pal and then say they never received it and then they get an automatic full refund from you through paypal.
    Post edited by whoyouare72 on
    edited July 2018
    You could totally go to eBay right now and buy an electronic ticket that the seller transfers to you and then say you never got it after the show and you'll get a full refund from paypal and go to the show for free courtesy of some ebay ticket scalper douchebag.
    Surely these platforms will change that rule eventually as so many things are continuing to go online??.... Maybe a third party could get involved. I.e. charge another 1% of sale to guarantee proof of legit electronic transaction. Dammit, I wish I were a software developer, I'd be pitching the idea to PayPal tomorrow, haha.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,967
    I sold some airline points on eBay a few years ago and after I transferred them the buyer filed a claim with eBay that they never received them.  After a lot of back and forth, eBay ultimately sided with me and I got to keep the money.  But I will never do anything like that again.  Too much of a hassle.  

The best part was that apparently the dude I sold them to later resold them to someone else and he got ripped off for the payment.  And then he had the nerve to email and ask me to try and track the miles through my Delta account so he could go after the scammer.  Karma =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

on2legs said:
     ....Karma =)
    Haha nice!
  • jaduplantjaduplant Posts: 18
    edited July 2018
    I may have a spare ticket for both nights that I would sell for face value or less even. But I'm beyond paranoid to do that because I wouldn't want to risk infraction within 10Club. Is it a thousand percent kosher to sell a transferrable ticket online? Just would never want to do anything 10C frowns upon.
    Post edited by jaduplant on
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    You could totally go to eBay right now and buy an electronic ticket that the seller transfers to you and then say you never got it after the show and you'll get a full refund from paypal and go to the show for free courtesy of some ebay ticket scalper douchebag.
    Am I missing something here? I thought they did not cover electronic transactions for refunds. If so how could the buyer ask for their money back? 
    They do not cover electronic transactions for seller protection....the buyer has the advantage here.
  • KW6232KW6232 Posts: 370
    edited July 2018
    Post edited by KW6232 on
  • jaduplant said:
    I may have a spare ticket for both nights that I would sell for face value or less even. But I'm beyond paranoid to do that because I wouldn't want to risk infraction within 10Club. Is it a thousand percent kosher to sell a transferrable ticket online? Just would never want to do anything 10C frowns upon.
    You’re allowed to transfer (sell) one ticket for face value per 10c rules. That said, I’m looking for an extra Ga for night two. Is yours GA? Still selling if so?